Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Street level traffic currently does not auto update...you need to refreash the browser :(
I keep running into a situation where it doesn't update at all, even hitting refresh loads old map and sometimes old car position. I think the browser keeps something cached because the only way to solve this is to park the browser on a different page for few hrs to let the cache expire and then load it. No way to force clear the cache in Tesla browser that I found, if anyone knows a better way please share.

Reactions: JohnnyG and .jg.
I keep running into a situation where it doesn't update at all, even hitting refresh loads old map and sometimes old car position. I think the browser keeps something cached because the only way to solve this is to park the browser on a different page for few hrs to let the cache expire and then load it. No way to force clear the cache in Tesla browser that I found, if anyone knows a better way please share.
I have this too.

The browser session seems to hang. If you load another URL then all is fine.

@ericwol could it be that the check for activity that you said is in the code, to prevent the browser is continiously polling your servers even when stopped and off, is prematurely kicking in? I found that the browser stops about 10mins after switching the car on.

It’s a pity because the new program is performing really well when it runs.

Reactions: JohnnyG
So since I got 2018.32.4 on Sept 6th, I haven’t had a need to reboot.

Could be unrelated. Is anyone else on 2018.32.4 who is still seeing the freeze?
Yes, me.
I am on 32.4 and Tesla Waze was frozen for me yesterday, using the URL saved in my favourites i.e. the URL which includes my settings - and it would not work with page refreshes. However, when I went to the home URL (teslawaze.azurewebsites.net, without any &id=<some number>&), it worked (for a while).

• Informative
Reactions: Nevek
On 32.4 and still freezing. However... when I loaded Tesla wind for a while and reloaded waze, it worked flawless for the rest of the trip. When stuck and choosing anorher website, it takes a long time to load, my guess until the polling routine kicks in. Strange.

My guess is this is an issue with Tesla browser/firmware as this was working fine up until these latest firmware bugs (like the instrument cluster crashing) cropped up. Seems like with 32.x or 34.x they have fixed the IC crashing issue but the browser problem is still there.

My guess is this is an issue with Tesla browser/firmware as this was working fine up until these latest firmware bugs (like the instrument cluster crashing) cropped up. Seems like with 32.x or 34.x they have fixed the IC crashing issue but the browser problem is still there.

I agree, when I installed 2018.28.5, my browser stopped working for over a week. You could not type in a URL or click on a favorite. It finally started working. They also broke calendar synchronization. I am on 2018.32.4 now and the calendar is still broken.