Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys-
IT"S WORKING!!!!!!

😄
After my 4.5 update update it started working (yesterday), but it's acting flaky again this morning. My browser keeps closing and I am getting occasional messages that the Tesla Browser Location Service is unavailable. This message is different than the one I used to get before. No matter what site I am on, the browser will close on its own after a short period of time.

After my 4.5 update update it started working (yesterday), but it's acting flaky again this morning. My browser keeps closing and I am getting occasional messages that the Tesla Browser Location Service is unavailable. This message is different than the one I used to get before. No matter what site I am on, the browser will close on its own after a short period of time.
Bummer... we should tweet to Elon. Sometimes I really wonder if Tesla is aware of or cares about this issue with TeslaWaze.

Reactions: beachmiles and QUBO
Same here. The website and map are loading, but I'm still getting the Location Service Unavailable message. I'm not sure how that affects functionality.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
It is actually 2022.4.5 that resolves this issue.
I'm a happy camper again... the update has TeslaWaze working again.

I was able to avoid an encounter with the hidden police cruiser on HWY 85. ;)

1644616359741.png

Updated to 2022.4.5. I got the "allow location access" request and everything is good to go. It does have the error message that "location information is unavailable", but it seems to be showing exactly were I am. I can try to compare to Waze on my iphone later.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Works fine on my Plaid, but I still have an issue on my 2019 where my browser closes after a period of time if I leave a webpage open that is seeking location info (TeslaWaze included). I get the Location information is unavailable message, but reloading the page once or twice fixes it, but then after a little while the brower will just close. When I reopen it goes to the tesla.com website.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles and QUBO
I had not done a hard reboot and TeslaWaze is showing alert symbols, but I still get the Location Information unavailable warning. TeslaPortal and Tesla Winds and Elevation don't work. Tesla Portal displays an error message saying it needs Location Information to work and after that it is hard to get out of the website because that error message pops up faster than I can back out of the site.

Works fine on my Plaid, but I still have an issue on my 2019 where my browser closes after a period of time if I leave a webpage open that is seeking location info (TeslaWaze included). I get the Location information is unavailable message, but reloading the page once or twice fixes it, but then after a little while the brower will just close. When I reopen it goes to the tesla.com website.
Good description of what I also see on my old S.

gnsx, my 2016 use to shut down like your saying a few moths ago. I've only been able to test it now for a coupe days and the browser hasn't shut down yet. I do get the location not available some times but a reboot of the browser fixes it.
on my 2019, I had rebooted the car and it seemed to work better for a little while, but after a few hours it was back to the way it was (browser closes on its own when opening a page with Location requests on it).

On my Plaid I've been able to use it for a few days now with no issues at all.

Reactions: FlatSix911