Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLAX License Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I secured the personalized plate in my state "TESLA X" for my new red Texla MX. There's an ongoing debate between me and my wife. We have not yet mounted the new plate. I think it's fun and shows that I'm an enthusiast. My wife thinks it's over-the-top and braggy. She equates it to a woman who has designer clothes but puts the label of that designer all over her clothing...just too much and it will rub people the wrong way. I actually see both sides. What do you think? Should I ditch the personalized plate?

I secured the personalized plate in my state "TESLA X" for my new red Texla MX. There's an ongoing debate between me and my wife. We have not yet mounted the new plate. I think it's fun and shows that I'm an enthusiast. My wife thinks it's over-the-top and braggy. She equates it to a woman who has designer clothes but puts the label of that designer all over her clothing...just too much and it will rub people the wrong way. I actually see both sides. What do you think? Should I ditch the personalized plate?
Keep ‘em. It is not like anyone will not notice that your car is an X unless they read the plates.

I find a lot of the personalized plates annoying, frankly. All the “NO GAS” and “WATTS” plates etc are kinda played out IMO. Tries too hard to be witty.

TESLA X is basically just repeating what’s already on the badge. Not annoying.

Us? We don’t do personalized plates here. We’re just another cog in the machine, nobody and nothing special or notable.

If I saw that plate I'd think, "somebody who really wants to world to know they're in a Tesla"

Reactions: WheelsUp
I secured the personalized plate in my state "TESLA X" for my new red Texla MX.
We can be twiners (sort of) from different states. :)

temp.jpg

I am not the kind of guy who advertises brands. I like cases that hide my Apple Logo on my iPhone for example.
For our personalized plates my wife has CHFCOOK and I have BTLWSHR.
Twenty odd years ago, we had a motorhome which had the plate "OKI" for Our Kids Inheritance. Further our towed vehicle was "DOKI" Daughter of Oki. Usually together.

Reactions: rlzalusky
I like personalized plates, it's one of the coolest mods you can do, the bad part is that it's easier to remember, search, or report a complaint against the driver lol I like having something unique on it though... but I wouldn't want mineto say TESLAX, maybe if it said P100D then yea (in that case I would remove all the other badging). But if you like it and it makes you smile then I would say do it if you can agree with your bride- I do dorky things my wife doesn't like and vice versa- it makes us who we are and that's okay!

Reactions: totoro722