Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TesLender - A service designed for owners renting out their Tesla - Feedback thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a chance to try this again in the real world. Scanned QR with my iPhone which required approval to go to website in Safari but then got a 404 error. The app was not the destination. Is the browser supposed to be an intermediary or should the code launch the app and sign in?

Can you share some more details about this? At no point should it go to a website in Safari. Are you scanning the QR code from within the TesLender app?

Also, I've noticed more and more sign ups and share codes being generated. I'm working on the monthly subscription service which I'll bring live soon. I'm wondering if some users who have been with me since the start could share their thoughts on how they feel about this? Do you feel you deserve another free period until needing to pay, or are you okay with signing up for a very reasonable monthly fee?

Yes scanning from app works but now that iphone scans qr natively it may be the familiar go to method for new users.

Just used the app successfully. The wording on the idle fee notification was a little odd per the lendee.

I would like a way to have the account forget the access token on command since I use it so infrequently.

Yes scanning from app works but now that iphone scans qr natively it may be the familiar go to method for new users.

Just used the app successfully. The wording on the idle fee notification was a little odd per the lendee.

I would like a way to have the account forget the access token on command since I use it so infrequently.

Thanks for the feedback. You can disable polling of your vehicle at any time from the vehicle page, that way it will not wake your vehicle and allow it to sleep. If you want to completely revoke your access token, that's not currently possible. You'd need to delete and recreate your account every time?

If the app is using an access token and not keeping the raw Tesla credentials then the token will expire after 45 days or when the Tesla password is changed anyway. I was hoping for a button to revoke the access code and not have to rely on the other two methods. I would make such a button for myself using iOS Shortcuts but so far I have been unsuccessful.

If the app is using an access token and not keeping the raw Tesla credentials then the token will expire after 45 days or when the Tesla password is changed anyway. I was hoping for a button to revoke the access code and not have to rely on the other two methods. I would make such a button for myself using iOS Shortcuts but so far I have been unsuccessful.

I use the token and refesh_token though. I don't store raw credentials, but using the refresh_token I can I definitely refresh the main token forever, until the Tesla password is changed. I could add revoking the tokens completely, but then your account will be in am unusable state where it is unable to refresh and you'll be getting emails about wrong credentials from TesLender. It's possible, but not something I'm planning at the moment as it'll be quite a bit of work.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan
Hi, don't know how stupid is my question, but I would like to understand can a user who rents a tesla link they own card for supercharger payments?

As far as I understand, it is not possible. Because Tesla linked to the main account and will use payment info from the main account. Right?

> That's right, that is not possible unfortunately :(.

Okay, then I'm confused. So, a small background. I bought Tesla from a reseller company in Germany because I can't use lease for direct purchase from Tesla. I'm from Estonia.

The reseller company offer me two ways:
1) official ownership transfer, but I will lose 1 year of connectivity and Supercharger bonus and something else as I understand from them
2) use TesLender for the first year

In the second case, I don't understand how supercharger will works for me, probably it will not.

> That's right, that is not possible unfortunately :(.

Okay, then I'm confused. So, a small background. I bought Tesla from a reseller company in Germany because I can't use lease for direct purchase from Tesla. I'm from Estonia.

The reseller company offer me two ways:
1) official ownership transfer, but I will lose 1 year of connectivity and Supercharger bonus and something else as I understand from them
2) use TesLender for the first year

In the second case, I don't understand how supercharger will works for me, probably it will not.

Basically, as I understand this, for option 2) they are saying they'll do the official ownership transfer after a year. There is probably still some Supercharger bonus credit on the car, so you can just supercharge for free. Then probably when you need to start paying for supercharging, the reseller company will simply charge you. Then after a year, they'll transfer ownership and supercharging will be on your credit card from then on. TesLender isn't a full replacement of the official app, but at least you'll be able to keep an eye on your Tesla, see how far it is with charging, etc. etc.

It's a good idea, I think it's nice that they are offering you this as it will save you quite some money especially with 1 year of connectivity for free and the supercharging bonus for free. Let me know if you have any other questions.