Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a text to set up delivery and had a choice of 3 slots on the 21st. I then got a call from my new SA, very friendly guy. Anyway I told him, I can pick or you can deliver to me any day or night. He said we can deliver on your drive way. In any case he said if there are issues just use the App to notify us within 24 hours or 100 miles which ever is less, and we resolve all issues. I thus decided to take home delivery.
How far are you from the delivery center?

How far are you from the delivery center?
I am 19 minutes each from 2 delivery centers. I decided today to get a quote from Tesla for the trade in. If Tesla's quote is no less than 7.525% than the Carvana quote, I am going to trade in to Tesla because I will be "in the money" and will have less of a hassle. I uploaded all the information. I am not sure how long they take to give a quote. Average time for transportation from Fremont to the mid-west is 13-14 days. So I still have another 10 days or so. My local Lexus dealer gave the same quote as the Kelly blue book value which is less than Carvana quote. Tesla will most likely undercut both, by at least 5% fully knowing that the saving in sales tax gives them a minimum of 5% margin. State governments could have easily allowed individual buyers to claim the difference in sales tax for selling to anyone and buying with the same month. But laws are often written by industry lobbyists to benefit car dealers. Anyway, happy to get whatever I can get. I will update my quotes so there is more data points for Tesla/Carvana for others. But used car prices have come down from last 4-5 months for sure.

Reactions: DrGriz
I am 19 minutes each from 2 delivery centers. I decided today to get a quote from Tesla for the trade in. If Tesla's quote is no less than 7.525% than the Carvana quote, I am going to trade in to Tesla because I will be "in the money" and will have less of a hassle. I uploaded all the information. I am not sure how long they take to give a quote. Average time for transportation from Fremont to the mid-west is 13-14 days. So I still have another 10 days or so. My local Lexus dealer gave the same quote as the Kelly blue book value which is less than Carvana quote. Tesla will most likely undercut both, by at least 5% fully knowing that the saving in sales tax gives them a minimum of 5% margin. State governments could have easily allowed individual buyers to claim the difference in sales tax for selling to anyone and buying with the same month. But laws are often written by industry lobbyists to benefit car dealers. Anyway, happy to get whatever I can get. I will update my quotes so there is more data points for Tesla/Carvana for others. But used car prices have come down from last 4-5 months for sure.
I'll be interested to hear. When I (briefly) got a surprise September 2021 EDD I checked and the Tesla quote was far more than 7% under, although I don't recall and it doesn't matter. Will have to look at it again when my number comes up.

Not sure what car you are trading in, but I went through Shift and got almost $2,000 more than Tesla. I was planning to trade in my 2015 Mercedes ML350 through Tesla, and because of the delay in shipping, I went through the re appraisal twice. But finally couldn't pass up the extra $2K from Shift. It was pretty easy and quick and I got the money in3 days.

Hey Troy, I ordered a second MY, is it possible to update the tracker with my new information?
Yes, you have two options:

Option 1:
Open the same form again and click 'Edit your response' and change all the data to match your second order and click submit. Be aware that for some reason, Google forms doesn't let users remove any dates they previously entered. So, change it to a best-guess for now until you find out the actual date.

Option 2:
Open the same form again while you are logged in to a different Google account. The form will appear blank and you can enter your data as usual.

Not sure what car you are trading in, but I went through Shift and got almost $2,000 more than Tesla. I was planning to trade in my 2015 Mercedes ML350 through Tesla, and because of the delay in shipping, I went through the re appraisal twice. But finally couldn't pass up the extra $2K from Shift. It was pretty easy and quick and I got the money in3 days.
I traded in a 2017 Lexus 350 Rx SUV with only 21k miles on it. Tesla's quote was 2.5% less than Carvana. But because I was saving 7.5% sales tax on the trade in value, instead of paying tax on $70k (MYLR with FSD), I saved on sales tax on the $36k trade in. I am now owed a refund from Tesla, and I don't know how long they will take after picking up the trade-in to send me the money. We as customers have to pay the cost of the car before we drive away. I wonder if that applies to Tesla when they drive away my trade-in. I know Carvana issues a check at the sport prior to taking the car away. I do not have any recent data point from this forum. I guess I will find out next week at my delivery time.

I had a delivery date for Model Y, this weekend in Camarillo, but because of the Covid hit to my Hospital, I have no time to pick up or deal with the transaction. I had to delay and re-enter the Que. Not sure if this was a mistake but I had no choice. What am I looking at now as far as a wait to have a car pop up again. Is there any other penalties for doing this. As of Today I have been moved to March 3rd 2022.

Okay seriously what the hell. I've been checking daily for my ETD window for any changes. I unfroze my order (froze 12/1, unfroze 12/15) and had window up to Jan11-Feb 4 or something pretty tight, then went to Feb 11-Mar11 for about 3 weeks now... and now today it's showing June 16-July 14????????

I ordered on 8/27...???? Please tell me this is likely a mistake? MYLR black/black, 19's, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD

My credit offer expired yesterday. Does that have anything to do with it?

My credit offer expired yesterday. Does that have anything to do with it?
Possibly. I had a similar situation but with the trade in. Since the trade in offer expired my profile was moved to an incomplete state. My EDD was moved back to a generic June from Mar-Apr.
After talking to an SA, he recommended removing the trade in and changing to cash. I got an updated EDD of mid Apr-May after about a week. My OD is 10/28 though. Hopefully yours gets updated to a sooner date.

Possibly. I had a similar situation but with the trade in. Since the trade in offer expired my profile was moved to an incomplete state. My EDD was moved back to a generic June from Mar-Apr.
After talking to an SA, he recommended removing the trade in and changing to cash. I got an updated EDD of mid Apr-May after about a week. My OD is 10/28 though. Hopefully yours gets updated to a sooner date.
Thank you so much for this reply - it makes me feel much better. I did end up quickly switching it to cash purchase yesterday. Hoping within a week I'll get a new ED far sooner than current.

I called my local Tesla and the SA was not helpful at all. He said when I unfroze on Dec 15 that I went to the back of the line. I explained that's completely the opposite of what the SA said on 12/4 when I froze my order. Frustrating.

Reactions: DrGriz