Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sorry that you are going through this disappointment. Did you talk to Tesla guys? I hope you get yours soon!
Tried multiple times, been blown off over and over again. Just wish that A: it made any sense at all and B: that anyone could give me an accurate time frame what to expect. If either of those things happened I would be ok with it but no one at Tesla cares at all. Tesla's products are amazing but everything else about them sucks beyond belief. As much as I love them I can't imagine them being any where near what they are now in 10-20 years as a car company. As soon as other manufacturers start building cars that are equal to Tesla at scale this thing is going down like the Hindenburg.

Reactions: Tesraki
Tried multiple times, been blown off over and over again. Just wish that A: it made any sense at all and B: that anyone could give me an accurate time frame what to expect. If either of those things happened I would be ok with it but no one at Tesla cares at all. Tesla's products are amazing but everything else about them sucks beyond belief. As much as I love them I can't imagine them being any where near what they are now in 10-20 years as a car company. As soon as other manufacturers start building cars that are equal to Tesla at scale this thing is going down like the Hindenburg.
Sorry you’re not getting it as quickly as you’d like. Just know when you do get your MYP, you’re absolutely getting the one of the raddest things you’ll ever own. And your experience is an outlier, unfortunately. Everyone I know and have talked to had a good order/delivery experience. Sure, it’s a bit wild and frustrating at times but it beats going to a car dealership and haggling. I’ve had my MY for just over a year and I can’t say enough good things about every experience I’ve had with Tesla (delivery and two service center apts, one being a windshield replacement). It’s a good company and I think you’re just letting a bit of delivery frustration get to you. Hang in there!

In case you didn't know, MYP has a shorter delivery timeline than MYLR
Some people also place their orders on hold because of FOMO. Some people also complain about the delivery process and how convoluted it seems to be, but think how messed up Walmart check out would be if people brought items to the check out only to say "Yeah, I am going to not buy this. Here you take this but I am going to wait here until you bring me another one up front, and then I will let you know if I want that one.".
Some people do that. I kind of think that it is a wonder that it works at all.

Some people also place their orders on hold because of FOMO. Some people also complain about the delivery process and how convoluted it seems to be, but think how messed up Walmart check out would be if people brought items to the check out only to say "Yeah, I am going to not buy this. Here you take this but I am going to wait here until you bring me another one up front, and then I will let you know if I want that one.".
Some people do that. I kind of think that it is a wonder that it works at all.
Then delay the orders of those people that are putting orders on hold. People who ordered the same car a month after me who put their order on hold for a month should not be getting delivered while my order is sitting in the back of the line because I have a trade in.

Then delay the orders of those people that are putting orders on hold. People who ordered the same car a month after me who put their order on hold for a month should not be getting delivered while my order is sitting in the back of the line because I have a trade in.
I kind of wonder if the flow is not so messed up that they just do not have the time to process your trade-in. Which majorly sucks.

Looks like theyre shipping out the Texas built MYPs with 4680s from a recent picture that has been circulating around. Honestly, id rather wait a little and have the newest tech than have regrets getting it a tad bit earlier with older tech. I put my order in November last year, a couple friends of mine put an order in like august and one last month. We're all narrowing in on the same delivery days sometime in March. Im making the assumption they're transitioning everyone to 4680 Austin built Ys.

I also tried to go look at an ioniq 5 the other day and it had a $10k markup making it more expensive than a MYP. EQS I saw had a $40k markup. Tesla.. no markup. If you want one today, tons of legacy dealers out there bought a bunch of used teslas that will sell them to you this minute with a $10k markup. I am burnt out by traditional car dealers with sales and service. When they manufacture things to scale, they will figure out how to keep their service department churning. As much as Tesla can suck sometimes, we take for granted what they did to the industry to flip them on their head. Im sure other manufactures will come out with good products, but im going to stick with Tesla as I don't think anyone is close to them when it comes to software and battery management. I also support their whole direct to consumer business model. No need to deal with some scammy finance guy who hides nitrogen filled air or something in a 6 foot dot matrix print out who guilt trips you to accepting it so he doesn't need to reprint the whole thing again. Tesla's process is like 5 min max. I don't think I ever want to buy a car from a traditional dealer ever again.

Looks like theyre shipping out the Texas built MYPs with 4680s from a recent picture that has been circulating around. Honestly, id rather wait a little and have the newest tech than have regrets getting it a tad bit earlier with older tech. I put my order in November last year, a couple friends of mine put an order in like august and one last month. We're all narrowing in on the same delivery days sometime in March. Im making the assumption they're transitioning everyone to 4680 Austin built Ys.

I also tried to go look at an ioniq 5 the other day and it had a $10k markup making it more expensive than a MYP. EQS I saw had a $40k markup. Tesla.. no markup. If you want one today, tons of legacy dealers out there bought a bunch of used teslas that will sell them to you this minute with a $10k markup. I am burnt out by traditional car dealers with sales and service. When they manufacture things to scale, they will figure out how to keep their service department churning. As much as Tesla can suck sometimes, we take for granted what they did to the industry to flip them on their head. Im sure other manufactures will come out with good products, but im going to stick with Tesla as I don't think anyone is close to them when it comes to software and battery management. I also support their whole direct to consumer business model. No need to deal with some scammy finance guy who hides nitrogen filled air or something in a 6 foot dot matrix print out who guilt trips you to accepting it so he doesn't need to reprint the whole thing again. Tesla's process is like 5 min max. I don't think I ever want to buy a car from a traditional dealer ever again.
No mark up because no dealer network. Just increase the price they charge. What's the difference? Model Y Long Range went up 5K in 2021

No mark up because no dealer network. Just increase the price they charge. What's the difference? Model Y Long Range went up 5K in 2021
I understand, a rise in price is a rise in price. However if Tesla were sold through a dealership, Tesla would raise the price of their cars, as has every carmaker in the world and then because of the popularity of Tesla the dealership would raise the price accordingly.
When I bought my 1st new car, a 1977 Honda Accord, it had a $500 dealer addon for the high demand. They were upfront about it, no deception. I believe some dealerships have operated under deceiving the buyer from what they are actually buying. Ie. addons such as warranties, undercoating, detailing addons, etc. and then try to leverage the buyer because of lack of supply and inventory. Dealerships trying to get their share of the profits before it goes dry shouldn't be price gouging.

Can somebody clarify if the Model Y produced today at Fremont has these two features? Thanks.
  • 12V lithium-ion battery instead of the led acid battery
  • AMD processor for the media control unit. This affects the touch screen responsiveness.

Also, which of these have or don't have double-pane glazing? Thanks.

ZzDOU1A.png

Can somebody clarify if the Model Y produced today at Fremont has these two features? Thanks.
  • 12V lithium-ion battery instead of the led acid battery
  • AMD processor for the media control unit. This affects the touch screen responsiveness.

Also, which of these have or don't have double-pane glazing? Thanks.

ZzDOU1A.png
Cars produced today wont reach customers for a week or two. My Freemont built car was built a couple of weeks ago; I picked it up on 2/20.
Mine does have the AMD processor.
I'm pretty sure it has the Li-ion battery. I would have to unscrew the hepa filter under the hood to see the entire battery, but when I stuck my phone in there to look at it, the battery looked smaller than a normal lead acid battery.
The front door windows have laminated double-pane glass, the rear seat windows do not.

Reactions: DrGriz and Troy
Cars produced today wont reach customers for a week or two. My Freemont built car was built a couple of weeks ago; I picked it up on 2/20.
Mine does have the AMD processor.
I'm pretty sure it has the Li-ion battery. I would have to unscrew the hepa filter under the hood to see the entire battery, but when I stuck my phone in there to look at it, the battery looked smaller than a normal lead acid battery.
The front door windows have laminated double-pane glass, the rear seat windows do not.
If you have AMD, then you have the li-ion battery as well. No need for you to take anything apart.

Have they changed headlights of Model Ys. I read IIHS safety report and they said, performance model headlights are superior but LR headlights are okay. not superior. The report is a year old so I am hoping that Tesla acted and installed similar headlights which they have in performance models.

OD: 9/28/21
EDD: 3/14-3/28
No VIN yet

I am talking about Performance editions. My order date was 11/2, there are people on here who ordered 10/4 who are getting bumped repeatedly and we were supposed to get vehicles in December.
Nothing new. I had a 2021 Model S LR on order for 10 months. I took delivery of it in early December 2021 (f---ing love it, BTW). Countless order holders....both Plaid and LR....with orders younger than mine got their cars before I did. Don't try to figure out the process of how delivery dates get assigned. You will drive yourself insane. Do what I end up doing about 6 months into the process......settle on your favorite beverage of choice (Woodford Reserve did it for me), and slowly sip that until you get the VIN email.

Have they changed headlights of Model Ys. I read IIHS safety report and they said, performance model headlights are superior but LR headlights are okay. not superior. The report is a year old so I am hoping that Tesla acted and installed similar headlights which they have in performance models.

OD: 9/28/21
EDD: 3/14-3/28
No VIN yet
This is not necessarily accurate but if you go to the order page and switch from LR to performance the headlights are noticeably different on the order page. I assume they are still different or else the website would not show a difference. Only an assumption, I have no direct knowledge either way.