Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks again to the person who set this up.

I acknowledge that everyone has better things to do than look at my requests but...
I think what we all want to know is, for each model, what is the average delivery time/ estimated delivery time? I am not seeing anything like that ... perhaps I am doing this all wrong?

In more detail, what I am looking for is a plot of Y axis days to delivery (or just date of delivery is OK) vs. X-axis date of order. For each model, in a different color, overplot.

I have heard that if you order some accessory or extra, you can get your delivery bumped forward. I'm wondering if this is true, by how much, etc.

Thanks,
-TPC

Placed my order this past weekend (details in signature).
Originally ordered a M3LR back in March...but realized that the cargo space in the 3 is too small. This was a pretty unfortunate mistake given the recent $3k price increase as well as the removal of the mobile charger. So after tax, mobile charger, and the lost $250 Model 3 order fee, this looks like roughly a $4k mistake. Given the way later delivery date for the Y, interest rates are probably going to be higher too, so there's that cost as well :(

Hoping that by the time I receive the Y, it will have the new trunk cover as seen from the Texas factory day pics.

I ordered my Model Y LR 5 Seat in Red back at the beginning of March for delivery to Ohio. My original delivery window was October-Jan 23', which i've seen pop up several times in here.

Suddenly, last week, my estimated timeline jumped to May 9 - May 23 and all of a sudden i'm in a hustle to look at selling my existing car, get a charger installed, and start looking for financing. No VIN assigned yet, but my SA has contacted me tot ell me the vehicle should be available within a month. Has anyone else had their timeline jump up significantly all of a sudden? Is this an indicator of this suddenly being an Austin made vehicle or did I just win the lottery because its a more expensive red car?

Reactions: DerbyCityY
I ordered my Model Y LR 5 Seat in Red back at the beginning of March for delivery to Ohio. My original delivery window was October-Jan 23', which i've seen pop up several times in here.

Suddenly, last week, my estimated timeline jumped to May 9 - May 23 and all of a sudden i'm in a hustle to look at selling my existing car, get a charger installed, and start looking for financing. No VIN assigned yet, but my SA has contacted me tot ell me the vehicle should be available within a month. Has anyone else had their timeline jump up significantly all of a sudden? Is this an indicator of this suddenly being an Austin made vehicle or did I just win the lottery because its a more expensive red car?
Likely someone cancelled who had the exact same config you ordered. Congrats!

I assume you will be going to the Lyndhurst service center? I ordered mine on April 15, and I currently got a delivery date between June 17-July 22. I actually went there with a check for $80,000 from Navy Fed, and they told me I have to wait. LOL. but my SA said itll be sooner, so im just waiting to see how much sooner. I can honestly say, the Lyndhurst Service Center is the first car lot (per se) that I have walked in to who told me that EVERYTHING on the lot is sold.

Fist let me say hello as I’m a new member.
the wife and I ordered a Model Y 5 short days ago. Yesterday she got a communication from Tesla telling her it was time to schedule delivery. She called today and was given a VIN and told her car was on a truck being delivered to Californi, from there it would be transferred to Cleveland, Ohio which is an hour from where we reside. They wanted her to take delivery Monday of next week (it’s Tuesday as I make this post) what the heck did we do to rate a Model Y in red no less this fast???

Reactions: DrGriz
the wife and I ordered a Model Y 5 short days ago. Yesterday she got a communication from Tesla telling her it was time to schedule delivery. She called today and was given a VIN and told her car was on a truck being delivered to Californi, from there it would be transferred to Cleveland, Ohio which is an hour from where we reside. They wanted her to take delivery Monday of next week (it’s Tuesday as I make this post) what the heck did we do to rate a Model Y in red no less this fast???
Buy a lottery ticket ASAP. You’ve got to be the luckiest person on this forum :)

Very lucky indeed. Its probably the red one I ordered and changed my mind on. I started with a red MYP, with white interior. Then I changes it like 2 weeks after the order to black with black interior (since I have kids). It was going to ship to the Lyndhurst location anyway I believe. and from what the rep told me, its like an order queue and if I cancel the order, someone next in line with the same specifications and in the same geographic location will get it.

I must be one of the few that got shafted. Placed an order for a Y back in August 2021. Changed the order from 7 to5 passenger and from black interior to white. 20" Induction rims, White. The order was changed September 8. It's been pushed back 10 times. Latest delivery estimate today just got pushed back AGAIN from July-August to Sept-Oct. I have no doubt that it will be pushed back AGAIN as we get closer and I'll be lucky to have the car before December.

Looking at the spreadsheet, it seems like the average number of days from order to delivery is 132. Mine is >400 days. Do they have a vendetta on me or something? Or is it that I locked in the price at $55k and Tesla would much rather sell the same identical car for $67k to someone who orders today?

Tesla is really beginning to piss me off. Plenty of EV's coming online this year. Maybe they're telling me something.