Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @Duxa. Yes, currently, Tesla makes the Model Y only at Fremont and all production goes to North America. The plan is that GigaShanghai will supply Asia/Pacific and GigaBerlin Europe. GigaShanghai is expected to start Model Y production later this year in Q4. GigaBerlin is expected to start production in 2021. They will start with Model Y, not Model 3.

Hi, everybody. I added a new column for VINs. The last 1 or 2 digits can be replaced with x. Example: 6,789 or 6,78x or 6,7xx.

The spreadsheet will replace unknown digits with 5 to make it possible to sort so we can see the highest VIN.

What convinced me to add this feature was high expectations for Model Y production. The highest VIN sets an upper limit to production estimates. On 30 June, if somebody estimates, let's say, 25K Model Y produced at that time, it would be nice to check the highest VIN easily to see if it is actually over 25K.

l8zd75n.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dc_h and Microfrost
My VIN is visible in source code as of 6/14/20. Ordered Dec '20, white/white/PUP/FSD!!

Got to see my exact config at the local Tesla showroom, in Pasadena, this weekend, so I'm so glad that I don't have to wait much longer after having seen it in person and getting that much more jacked up for it.

Reactions: KJD
My VIN is visible in source code as of 6/14/20. Ordered Dec '20, white/white/PUP/FSD!!

Got to see my exact config at the local Tesla showroom, in Pasadena, this weekend, so I'm so glad that I don't have to wait much longer after having seen it in person and getting that much more jacked up for it.

Just got an email 10 minutes ago to schedule a "contactless" pickup at their Marina Del Rey center Wednesday the 17th at 1pm.

The Tesla Model Y Facebook group has a member who took delivery with a tow hitch on 6/12/2020. Our delivery (also with a tow hitch) is scheduled for tomorrow.

We got it. There were just a few minor panel alignment issues and scuffs we'll address later. Overall we were very pleased.

The tow hitch cover was a real pain to remove. I had to pull like crazy with two trim tools. It has a standard 7-way "RV blade style" connector.

• Informative
Reactions: Jashev
Just an FYI for everyone. In the source code for your order, (the manage link in your account) you can search for BUILD_TAG and I believe that it gives you the initial build date of your car if it has started. It appears to be in the format of yyyy/mm/dd,hh:mm:ss

I hope this is helpful to some of those anxiously waiting for their vehicle.

Just an FYI for everyone. In the source code for your order, (the manage link in your account) you can search for BUILD_TAG and I believe that it gives you the initial build date of your car if it has started. It appears to be in the format of yyyy/mm/dd,hh:mm:ss

Thank you! I just checked and saw June 18, 2020. Still have no VIN. Any observation on when VIN shows up after the initial build date?

That may not be correct. I took delivery of my Model Y on June 15 and I found two lines with BUILD_TAG in the source code, both of which read:
<!-- [BUILD_TAG_rc_202006181936_rel_r_202006_3_alpha.r1] -->
That would imply a build date 3 days after I took delivery. I can't think of anything significant about the date of June 18 for my car. It did go in for service on June 19.

In any case, I'm pretty sure those are JavaScript comments and not active code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Microfrost

I also see:
HTML:
[BUILD_TAG_rc_202006181936_rel_r_202006_3_alpha.r1]
This leads me to believe that this could be incorrect.

Since they seem to build in batches and our colors are different and given a couple of other more recent posts, I'm also beginning to think the BUILD_TAG may not be showing us the build dates.

I also have
[BUILD_TAG_rc_202006181936_rel_r_202006_3_alpha.r1]

and I am black/black. Still no VIN, but got a text earlier today stating that they expect to deliver between 28th and 30th of June.

This could be the build tag for the source code that they are using the page. When did they change the landing page to point to their Solar? It was very recent... could have it been on the 18th at 7:36PM? Afterall the BUILD_TAG is located in the footer that describes the web page.

• Informative
Reactions: spsheridan
Here is a screenshot that shows how VINs are not assigned sequentially. For example, 10,955 was assigned in May and 8,155 in June. So, no surprise there. One conclusion we can draw from this is that they produced less than 18,555 Model Y so far which is as expected. I think they must be producing around 400 Model Y per day considering the peak rate of GA4 was 450/day in the past. GA4 is General Assembly Line 4 which is the famous tent they have built to accelerate Model 3 production. They have been using GA4 for all Model Y production so far. GA5, which will be the new dedicated Model Y general assembly line is expected to go online in early July. That's my guess. After that, I would expect production to ramp up very quickly. To give you an idea, this is what happened with Model 3 production:
  • Q4 2017: 2,425
  • Q1 2018: 9,766 << This is the equivalent for Model Y production in Q2 2020 but Model Y is ahead by about 4,000 units. I expect 13,900 units produced in Q2.
  • Q2 2018: 28,578
  • Q3 2018: 53,239
  • Q4 2018: 61,394
EbG6jqEWkAAFayA

Troy,
Any specific idea of GA5 capacity? This is an all new line, so should be optimized for changes in Model Y vs Model 3. If it is a huge jump forward, like 1000 cars a day, it seems GA4 could possibly be redeployed for the Semi or Roadster or batteries. Even if it is equal, it gets them around 5000-6000 Model Y's a week, which could make for a great Q3.

Here is a screenshot that shows how VINs are not assigned sequentially. For example, 10,955 was assigned in May and 8,155 in June. So, no surprise there. One conclusion we can draw from this is that they produced less than 18,555 Model Y so far which is as expected. I think they must be producing around 400 Model Y per day considering the peak rate of GA4 was 450/day in the past. GA4 is General Assembly Line 4 which is the famous tent they have built to accelerate Model 3 production. They have been using GA4 for all Model Y production so far. GA5, which will be the new dedicated Model Y general assembly line is expected to go online in early July. That's my guess. After that, I would expect production to ramp up very quickly. To give you an idea, this is what happened with Model 3 production:
  • Q4 2017: 2,425
  • Q1 2018: 9,766 << This is the equivalent for Model Y production in Q2 2020 but Model Y is ahead by about 4,000 units. I expect 13,900 units produced in Q2.
  • Q2 2018: 28,578
  • Q3 2018: 53,239
  • Q4 2018: 61,394
EbG6jqEWkAAFayA

what if the lower vin assigned later than higher vin is simply a car that was rejected by someone, then they took a week or two to fix and reassign to someone else? Few posts on here about cracked roof and major body damage during transport, issues like that could take a few weeks to fix. Especially if they had to get the car back to the factory from East coast.