Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received Mpva (VIN 36XXX) but haven’t gotten the delivery texts. Should I be worried?

I’ve completed all steps in my account. (Financed and down payment paid) I even emailed my salesperson (Richmond, Va) Updates to keep the communication open.

I received a call from my delivery advisor saying they were able to get me a VIN and car is already in Austin, TX. Apparently this car was brought over to Austin for other customer and sale fall apart and they are asking me if I would be interested to take it. MVPA (VIN: 26XXX). I am not sure if earlier customer has rejected this car for some technical/cosmetic reason they identified (or) for some other reason. Delivery advisor wouldn't know. Should I be worried about taking this delivery? are there any specific questions I should ask before proceeding further?

Went to the Dublin, CA showroom last Sat 8/8 just to look at a model X for the wife. no intention of buying right now. Ended up placing an order for a Model Y performance for myself..lol salesman said it would be around Mid Sept. I just got a text today 8/14 that its ready to pick up this Sunday 8/16!!!!!! I haven't prepared anything, loan, insurance.. VIN 375xx. so it seems pretty new.

Reactions: Blue_Skies
Yup out of Eden Prairie! What is your model Y configuration? Seems like we are both hopefully beginning of September I would imagine.
Long Range Blue with white interior. Induction wheels. Tow hitch. No FSD. Frustrating isn’t it that others are getting their deliveries within two weeks of ordering lol. Got all my accessories and wall charger installed. Just waiting on the call for delivery and that my current vehicle to trade in can last just a bit longer. Finally gave in to do this weekend, hopefully my last oil change ever...

Ordered AWD LR White exterior, Black interior, and Gemini wheels on 8/3.

Received VIN with 28xxx and my delivery is 8/30.
Any idea why my vin is a bit older at 28xxx? And any idea when it was made? Wondering from people who have already received theirs.

Any idea why my vin is a bit older at 28xxx? And any idea when it was made? Wondering from people who have already received theirs.
I might guess your build matched with another person in your area who canceled an order that was en route already. I have a 37xxx VIN assigned but no sign of the car, no texts to tell me to expect it in x-x weeks, or anything else. Ordered 7/27.

Doesn't seem like a rejected car, otherwise they'd be able to deliver before 8/30 I'd guess.

I was just assigned a vin 30xxx which had me mildly concerned, but had them check and it was just manufactured 8/11/2020 so can't be entirely sure based on vin number, but they can confirm manufacture date and the car itself will list the month of manufacture on it.

Update:
Ordered 6/8 Metallic Blue AWD LR w/ White Interior and 20” Inductions ($53,990.00 prior to fees....was also adjusted -$5k by Tesla)

Received Text on 8/11 stating 2-4 weeks from that day

Received Text on 8/14 to schedule for delivery. Date options were 8/28 and 8/29. My financing through PenFed runs out 9/6...so I was cutting it close. Scheduled for 8/29. VIN: *034XXX

Notes that might help others:
-Penfed gave me 2.14% for 36mo or 2.99% for 60mo on 6/8 and it's good for 90days.
-RateMatch@Tesla basically told me they wouldn't be able to beat that but just match 'maybe'. To Rate Match they wanted an updated Loan Application as mine is from 6/8. That would require PenFed to take another hard hit at my credit....thus, I decided to stay with PenFed. A mistake on my part was getting a pre-approval financing too early. Best to wait for 2-4 weeks prior to delivery.
-Confirmed that ACH payment for remaining balance could be sent via their site the day of delivery. Doesn't need to be done prior.
-Eligible for another $5k via NJ incentive

If anyone has any Ceramic Pro or PPF places that they recommend would be greatly recommended...along with Tint shops :)

Thanks!

I received a call from my delivery advisor saying they were able to get me a VIN and car is already in Austin, TX. Apparently this car was brought over to Austin for other customer and sale fall apart and they are asking me if I would be interested to take it. MVPA (VIN: 26XXX). I am not sure if earlier customer has rejected this car for some technical/cosmetic reason they identified (or) for some other reason. Delivery advisor wouldn't know. Should I be worried about taking this delivery? are there any specific questions I should ask before proceeding further?

Same thing happened to me, my Vin is 28XXX, I was worried, and asked if it was a reject, and I was told it was not. I had them send me pictures of the car when it came in to my location, and it still had all factory stickers and protection films on. Then I knew it was not a reject. I would ask them right out and ask for pictures before the car is prepped for delivery.

Are you sure thats not my, MY? :p Except I ordered late July. I'm hoping since there are quite a few of us that these are not rejects.

Starting to wonder if these were started before the switch for European productions.