Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MY from Seattle 8/6
•4-8 week build time estimate
•LR
•white/white
•induction wheels
•FSD

8/11 received text 3-6 weeks until delivery

8/15 talked to SA and our soft delivery 8/26-8/30

8/20 talked to SA and our soft delivery is now 9/2-9/6

Hello Janene,

I ordered my Model Y on 7/31/2020
8/1 Welcome to Tesla
8/6 Two to Five weeks delivery 8/20 to 9/10
8/19 One to Four weeks delivery 9/2 to 9/16 two weeks added

Nothing from the delivery center about a "soft delivery" yet.

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Tow Hitch

Hello Janene,

I ordered my Model Y on 7/31/2020
8/1 Welcome to Tesla
8/6 Two to Five weeks delivery 8/20 to 9/10
8/19 One to Four weeks delivery 9/2 to 9/16 two weeks added

Nothing from the delivery center about a "soft delivery" yet.

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Tow Hitch
Perhaps ours will be on the same shipment!? I had to call and push them for the soft date. Apparently it’s not something they give out to customers. Are you planning to pick-up in Renton or Lynwood?

Reactions: Jamezam
Finally some movement. Ordered 6/12. Got a text to schedule pickup Sept 4th. In the mean time, my loan approval has expired, and it seems Tesla forgot about the Model S trade-in they offered. I'm working on getting those squared away again.

Stealth performance, blue, with 20" inductions. VIN 37XXX

Frustrated by having to re-jump though many of these hoops. But hoping it's smooth sailing from here.

Here is a chart that shows how VINs are not assigned sequentially. Model 3/Y VINs are not sequential but Model S/X are. The chart shows Model Y based on this spreadsheet (see the links in the opening message)

For example, in June, 11 buyers reported receiving VINs in the 23K range but then in July, 9 buyers reported VINs in the 16K range. If you know your VIN, this chart should give you a pretty good idea about when your car was built. Of course, you can check that at the delivery by looking at the driver's door frame label.

fWBydim.png

You might have already seen this chart on the spreadsheet but it's now dynamic and will update automatically. It looks like production has slowed down again in the last few days. Not sure if it's because they want to switch to the new casting machine or that's later but at least we have some visibility on what's going on.

17 Aug was very high. Maybe they performed a stress test on that day. They sometimes do these tests to find out the next bottleneck.

v3GAxZ1.png

Last edited:
On my Tesla account, a new thing showed up.

Submit Final Payment with a place to add bank account.

Do I need to input my bank account? I was planning on giving them a personal check after I check out the car and actually accept it.

Just got delivery notification text.....pick up on Sunday, but no VIN yet. Hmmmm, odd. Difficult to secure financing and insurance without VIN. Might this pose a problem with a Sunday pickup or has Tesla accepted notification from credit union as enough?
UPDATE: got a text the next day saying it's still in transit and is scheduled for first week of September.....the roller coaster of emotions.....

My SA told me it is fine to just bring a personal check on delivery day.
Check that. Mine initially told me that, then the call I got before delivery day specifically said no checks, and that it was a new rule. This was at Scottsdale-Raintree.

I paid through the app at the delivery location after looking at my car. No issues when doing that for me.

I will say paying like that has now linked my checking account to my Tesla account and I do not see any way of removing it. Credit cards I can add, remove, swap, etc., but there is now no way to remove my checking account as far as I can tell. Anyone else?

Check that. Mine initially told me that, then the call I got before delivery day specifically said no checks, and that it was a new rule. This was at Scottsdale-Raintree.

I paid through the app at the delivery location after looking at my car. No issues when doing that for me.

I will say paying like that has now linked my checking account to my Tesla account and I do not see any way of removing it. Credit cards I can add, remove, swap, etc., but there is now no way to remove my checking account as far as I can tell. Anyone else?

Wow, thanks for that. Continues with the theme that SAs seem to not be on the same page with various topics.

Payment and Fees
What are the accepted methods of payment?
Before driving off with your new Tesla, we require that the balance be paid in full, either personally or by way of guarantee from a financing institution.

Confirm your method of payment with your Tesla representative prior to Delivery Day. In some states, payment must be received before delivery and cannot be accepted at time of pick-up.

Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Personal or cashier’s check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line
Note: Credit Cards are only accepted for the initial order fee.

Reactions: stlclint
  • 3/29/2019 - Ordered
  • 6/24/2020 - First try, out of town, had to go back in queue. Good news: Saved $3k with price drop waiting til July.
  • 7/17/2020 - Second try, could not believe how white, white was, declined delivery, went back in queue for black interior
  • 8/28/2020 - Third try, hopefully taking delivery of 39,xxx, LRDM, trailer hitch