Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jamezam have you received any more info regarding your MY?

Hello Janene, I cancelled my order on August 23rd after seeing and reading so many, possible safety issues in Tesla's quality control. The last straw for me is reading and seeing photos from someone who rejected their first MY delivery vehicle, received another MY with VIN in I think 40K range and still had a lot of QC issues.

So, because of all the QC issues I've seen everywhere, how early MY's are in the production, the fact that the annual shareholders meeting, battery day, new stamping equipment and October Q3 report are all coming, I've decided to wait until December possibly March to order my MY.

• Informative
Reactions: Janene
Update: Just got my delivery text. All set for Sept 4th! Yeah me too man, hopefully you get assigned very soon. You'd think we would've been on the same truck...
Got the schedule for delivery text on 8/26...still now MVPA or VIN. So called Eden Prairie today and got my VIN of 39,xxx. Asked and was informed the build date was 8/22. So hoping to get the updated tail lights, and probably just missed out on the single rear casting. Would have been nice to get the increase in range from the expected weight savings.
But excited for delivery, and now knowing that it is on its way is a relief! Hoping for a good delivery and to get it before Labor Weekend would be a bonus!!

Reactions: dc_h
Got the schedule for delivery text on 8/26...still now MVPA or VIN. So called Eden Prairie today and got my VIN of 39,xxx. Asked and was informed the build date was 8/22. So hoping to get the updated tail lights, and probably just missed out on the single rear casting. Would have been nice to get the increase in range from the expected weight savings.
But excited for delivery, and now knowing that it is on its way is a relief! Hoping for a good delivery and to get it before Labor Weekend would be a bonus!!

That is a bummer about the casting, but we both should have the tail lights! Mine arrived even earlier than expected. They offered today, 8/29, but I'm going to pick up 8/31. Is yours coming early too?

That is a bummer about the casting, but we both should have the tail lights! Mine arrived even earlier than expected. They offered today, 8/29, but I'm going to pick up 8/31. Is yours coming early too?
I hope so. But it’s a busy week for me and 2 hour drive to Eden Priarie. 3 hrs if I leave from work. I’d love to get it early but logistically better to wait for 9/10 for me. You’re lucky to get it on 8/31, that’s my birthday!

Reactions: KyleATMn
Pleasant surprise this morning when I woke up. Received an update text around 0930 from Tesla that my car will be on its way to the Buena Park Delivery center soon! Immediately I checked the Tesla portal and lo and behold, I saw my VIN # on the right hand side of the page beneath my reservation number.

About an hour and a half later I got a call from the Buena Park delivery center letting me know that my car was still at the factory and would be making its way down to Southern California soon. The rep asked me if I can set-up my pickup date and we scheduled for this week on Thursday 9/3. Thursday can’t come soon enough... my wife came over while I was on the phone and started checking my pulse. She said she wanted to see if I was excited to hear the news. Haha.

Afterwards I took some time to check the Tesla Portal site and I can see at the top that its asking me to complete my final steps and submit payment. I will however wait till delivery day and after giving the car a once-over inspection... I’m gonna check out the Tesla Insurance Quote service to see if its any better that my AAA insurance that we currently have. Also, my MVPA showed up too.

Six days early! I was asking Google, "How many days until Sep 10" for about a week and they moved it 6 days earlier.

Just called my electrician to reschedule the wall connector. Rescheduling my Friday meetings for the 3 hour round trip.

Got my Samsung T5 (though Jeda hasn't shown). Got a 14-50 adapter which I no longer need because the wall connector arrived on time. It makes a really good slapjack weapon though.

Title's in the trade-in ... gotta take off the bike rack. Sad to see her go, That's the car that carried our baby about (who just started high school).

Am I forgetting anything?

Six days early! I was asking Google, "How many days until Sep 10" for about a week and they moved it 6 days earlier.

Just called my electrician to reschedule the wall connector. Rescheduling my Friday meetings for the 3 hour round trip.

Got my Samsung T5 (though Jeda hasn't shown). Got a 14-50 adapter which I no longer need because the wall connector arrived on time. It makes a really good slapjack weapon though.

Title's in the trade-in ... gotta take off the bike rack. Sad to see her go, That's the car that carried our baby about (who just started high school).

Am I forgetting anything?
what about your checklist?

They just moved mine to the 4rth as well. Had to call back the insurance company and change the date, get the temp insurance card etc.