Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

Alankevis

Oct 5, 2020
San Jose, California
Just got an email from my SA and "
I am actually seeing that you are predicted for delivery within the next week! Keep an eye out on your phone for updates from the delivery center."
I haven't even gotten a VIN yet. Anyone experienced this before?

Tqdrivenws6

MYP Blue/Black/Tow no FSD. OD 10/7 EDD 11/4-12/2
Oct 16, 2020
Ham Lake, MN
Placed my order 4 weeks ago today (9/18) and just got my 2021 VIN today, I found it in Source Code, but then its also on my manage order page. No MVPA yet.

Vin ends 636xx and has the M signifying a 2021 model year.

Red LR AWD, no other options. From MN.

Reactions: KJD

ZapAttack322

Oct 9, 2020
PA
So after manipulating some data in the spreadsheet for my config, I honestly think the tow hitch is holding me up. The thing is, I didn't originally order one but my SA matched me with a 45XXX car last week and said I needed to have the hitch on there since that one had it. I never even saw the car and he unmatched it due to quality issues.

I was afraid to have him remove the hitch because I didn't want it to mess up my order in the queue but I think it has seriously been holding things up.

And if I really want a hitch in the future, I could order one from Teslarati for $300 bucks instead of the $1,000.

Any thoughts?

kylegbraund

Apr 24, 2020
Dadeville
MY ordered 9/26 Received VIN last night. Spoke with a Tesla agent who said the car is in pre-production at Freemont...probably looking at 4-5 weeks before available for delivery (to Atlanta)

Alankevis

Oct 5, 2020
San Jose, California
So after manipulating some data in the spreadsheet for my config, I honestly think the tow hitch is holding me up. The thing is, I didn't originally order one but my SA matched me with a 45XXX car last week and said I needed to have the hitch on there since that one had it. I never even saw the car and he unmatched it due to quality issues.

I was afraid to have him remove the hitch because I didn't want it to mess up my order in the queue but I think it has seriously been holding things up.

And if I really want a hitch in the future, I could order one from Teslarati for $300 bucks instead of the $1,000.

Any thoughts?

I agree, changing your config doesn't necessary mean you will be waiting longer. Installing tow hitch is most likely aftermarket so they will have to specify a car for you before installing the hitch. I changed my color and that even sped up my process. Keep bugging your SA too and be nice about it. I have sent a total of 10+ email since 10/03 til now

JEQ0729

Oct 17, 2020
Houston
Another VIN! Order date 10/2, VIN 10/17 63xxx, Blue/Black, 19", no tow hitch, no FSD.
SA said a few days ago the car was expected to roll off the production line next week, and got a VIN today.
Texted SA and he estimates about a 2 week delivery timeline.
Delivery to Houston, TX.

Radzer0

Oct 8, 2020
New Orleans
Almost all ETA pulled from the website now on new orders. At 12+ weeks they disappear is what im being told. Anyone know of a way the source code of the page might say to hide it at a certain number? I suspect its a active field.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC