Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious how you were able to confirm the heated steering wheel prior to delivery? I ask because I have my order in but haven't submitted all required information to get assigned a VIN. I'm hearing most Tesla SAs aren't even aware of the heated steering wheel, or simply playing ignorant to the fact it exists. It's a must for me to have (promised wife it existed), so I'm wondering if I should wait until Tesla actually announces its existence (could be a while) or chance it that I get assigned to a new build that has it. Seems it's existence has been widely sporatic and not following VIN #'s. Thanks in advance!

I placed the order on Friday and submitted all the required info and within minutes the VIN was updated on the website even before I submitted the loan app. Later on I did submit the loan application and got approved. I reached out to the SA to confirm the details and requested him to let me inspect the car at the SC before delivery and check for any issues. He allowed me to check the interior and exterior and thats how I found out that car has the heated steering wheel /metal scroll wheels/USB in Glove/double pane windows. I did follow a check list I found on this forum and checked for all the items listed on the list for any issues.

Before I placed the order, I was also told that "Tesla has not officially announced ,so its not guaranteed ." The build on MY is 2020.39.110 and MY LR no tow.

I placed the order on Friday and submitted all the required info and within minutes the VIN was updated on the website even before I submitted the loan app. Later on I did submit the loan application and got approved. I reached out to the SA to confirm the details and requested him to let me inspect the car at the SC before delivery and check for any issues. He allowed me to check the interior and exterior and thats how I found out that car has the heated steering wheel /metal scroll wheels/USB in Glove/double pane windows. I did follow a check list I found on this forum and checked for all the items listed on the list for any issues.

Before I placed the order, I was also told that "Tesla has not officially announced ,so its not guaranteed ." The build on MY is 2020.39.110 and MY LR no tow.
It seems like most of the new MY's with the heating wheel are SR's, so it's nice to see confirmation of one on a LR MY.

Excellent thanks for the info. I actually got the following response from my advisor when asking about the heated steering wheel:

"Yes, you are an informed man. Just keep an eye on the Vin number you are assigned. You should be good, as of last week all Model Y's being delivered here have the heated steering wheel. "

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Hi,
On that sheet it shows 0xA1EC user delivery date 1 Feb, order date 11 Jan.
Mom2mjkwans has VIN assigned order date 8 Jan.
breaklimits86 has delivery date 2 Mar. Not sure if that is actual delivery date and not estimated 3-6 weeks when ordered. We can guess that many more ordered but did not add themselves on that sheet. Maybe that list is only 10-20% total? Cheers.

0xA1EC Orlando FL USA 11 Jan 2021 29 Jan 2020 1 Feb 2021 21 days Long Range AWD Pearl White Multi-Coat 19 inch No Tow Hitch

I dont think 0xA1EC is accurate, it says they finished their profile two days from now.... Also, the rest of the fields for that entry have been removed now.

Breaklimits86 completed their delivery profile next month..

Mom2mjkwans does appear to have a VIN, good catch! I also agree with this is just a very low percentage of people who add themselves to the spreadsheet...

Curious if anyone who has recently ordered (I did a few days back) has a voice inside the back of their head thinking it's dumb to not wait until Biden admin renews EV Credits for Teslas - likely to occur soon, but not a guarantee - and whether it won't be retroactive for all of 2021 purchases.

I've read many thoughts that it will only apply to Tesla purchases from when it's signed into law forward. Just curious on this as it's a rather large gamble to either wait or not.... Think this affects all of us following this thread now who have purchased 1/1/21 and on.

“We also believe domestically a Biden Administration taking over in January will likely focus on possibly increasing consumer EV tax credits/incentives domestically, which could represent another catalyst in U.S. EV adoption beginning in 2021 with Tesla a key beneficiary,” Wedbush’s Dan Ives wrote in an investor note upon Biden’s election.

5 ways Biden can help Tesla, GM and others increase electric vehicle sales in the U.S.

Curious if anyone who has recently ordered (I did a few days back) has a voice inside the back of their head thinking it's dumb to not wait until Biden admin renews EV Credits for Teslas - likely to occur soon, but not a guarantee - and whether it won't be retroactive for all of 2021 purchases.

I've read many thoughts that it will only apply to Tesla purchases from when it's signed into law forward. Just curious on this as it's a rather large gamble to either wait or not.... Think this affects all of us following this thread now who have purchased 1/1/21 and on.

“We also believe domestically a Biden Administration taking over in January will likely focus on possibly increasing consumer EV tax credits/incentives domestically, which could represent another catalyst in U.S. EV adoption beginning in 2021 with Tesla a key beneficiary,” Wedbush’s Dan Ives wrote in an investor note upon Biden’s election.

5 ways Biden can help Tesla, GM and others increase electric vehicle sales in the U.S.
I'm pushing the button on Saturday (my birthday). If I knew a bill had passed and what the implementation date was going to I might wait. But with no bill even introduced, I'll just be missing out on a car I really want. Same with NJ Rebate that ended in December. - they are talking about renewing it as a POS discount vs rebate, but this state can't even get the marijuana legalization bill passed with both sides of the legislature and the Governor all wanting it (along with 70+% of the population based on the referendum last fall). So I'm not going to wait.

I'm pushing the button on Saturday (my birthday). If I knew a bill had passed and what the implementation date was going to I might wait. But with no bill even introduced, I'll just be missing out on a car I really want. Same with NJ Rebate that ended in December. - they are talking about renewing it as a POS discount vs rebate, but this state can't even get the marijuana legalization bill passed with both sides of the legislature and the Governor all wanting it (along with 70+% of the population based on the referendum last fall). So I'm not going to wait.

Congrats! That’s essentially how I began to feel so pulled the trigger. Was first waiting for newer upgrades, then the election, then the heated steering wheel, then 1/1, now the new console and headlights, so just went for it. If there a tax credit and it is retroactive for 2021 great! If not, oh well, and can’t guarantee there will even be one. Just matched to a VIN tonight, 117,1XX, looks like the highest in the spreadsheet so hoping it has heated wheel and all others! Getting EXCITED!

Deep blue long range just ordered. Delaying delivery until April to avoid snow season and the need to buy snow tires immediately!
Forgot to use referral code, but called rep and they entered it so hopefully that works. Now for a couple of months of waiting

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I had to defer mine because it was being delivered too quick. I had to transfer funds from another account and it takes 3 business days.

Ordered 1/28 (LR AWD in Red). They sent me delivery email for 1/31. I didn't even have a chance to complete any paper work yet. I'm in Fremont, 6 miles from the factory.

Not sure when I'll get my next delivery. Not in a rush anyways.

I also just ordered! LR AWD, Deep Blue Metallic, 19" wheels, tow hitch. 2 - 6 weeks delivery, hopefully March delivery. I'm thinking the tow hitch might be the thing that pushes me out, which is fine.
Well, I was completing my info in my account today. The website was being a bit clunky and I double-clicked when/where I shouldn't have, I guess, and it went through as Cash. How do I change it to Finance? Doesn't seem to be an option to change anything on the account page.

Well, I was completing my info in my account today. The website was being a bit clunky and I double-clicked when/where I shouldn't have, I guess, and it went through as Cash. How do I change it to Finance? Doesn't seem to be an option to change anything on the account page.

I had a somewhat similar issue when I had input financing data that I needed to change. I just emailed [email protected] and they responded with "ok tell me exactly what you want to do" and then they took care of the change right. They were very responsive & helpful. Good luck!

It seems like most of the new MY's with the heating wheel are SR's, so it's nice to see confirmation of one on a LR MY.

I picked up a Model Y LR AWD yesterday (1/30) with a VIN of 1082XX in Pennsylvania and it had a heated steering wheel.

It also had the same stuff most of the other people have been seeing recently:
Dual pane front glass
Heated Steering Wheel
USB in glovebox
Classic (old) shiny console
Original headlights