Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on Saturday, received VIN 130xxx today. LR / White / White / Tow / 19" / 5 seat.
Delivery March 7! Way faster delivery than we expected. Hoping it will have the 82kWh battery (for OTA update), heated wheel, intelligent headlights...If anyone had a recent delivery close to 130xxx VIN, can you add a spreadsheet comment about which updates yours had? Or comment in the thread? Thank you!!

There was someone with a 138xxx LR White/Black/Tow/19" that didn't have the headlights yet either. They say they're not sequential, but I think we're looking at least March build dates to have a chance at the headlights. Will be interesting if there's any truth to the 82 kWh battery, but seems doubtful on the LR until someone posts some sort of confirmation.

Ordered in January with an 8 week expected wait, came in three days and had to refuse it. Got all of my financial stuff done and bugged my service rep last weekend, matched a VIN today. Delivery date is March 4 - March 7, VIN is 141xxx. I live in LA. Red MY LR 20 induction wheels black interior.

Stoked.

• Love
Reactions: 11Dolly
Hello! New Member here!
Ordered a MY LR on March 2nd. I received a VIN yesterday and a delivery window of 3/12 - 3/18.
Asked my ISR today what the build date was and she said March 2nd.

I'm now searching to see what updates I should have... Can't wait to take delivery...

Hello! New Member here!
Ordered a MY LR on March 2nd. I received a VIN yesterday and a delivery window of 3/12 - 3/18.

I'm now searching to see what updates I should have... Can't wait to take delivery...
Everything (dual glass, heated steering wheel, and center console) except maybe headlights. But I’m praying you get the headlights too so keep us informed.

Hello! New Member here!

Congrats! Interesting to see that non-CA orders are getting matched with VIN and delivery so quickly.

Just spoke to my ISR again. Informed me that "only Performance models are getting the headlights". She did confirm the new console and heated wheel.
So - I'm assuming I'll also get the dual glass.

There's definitely a disconnect between the post above and the post below (from a separate thread). If I had to wager, I'm thinking OHWebs is correct & MY_First_Elec might be disappointed.

Mine was built 2 days ago and my SA said that’s, as he understands it, my LR7 seater will have the new headlights. He said it started in March 2021

Reactions: Jemblue7my
So I picked up my MY LR AWD on Saturday and of course TMC was down all weekend.....! ;-) Well, here is is, named Val (since it was born on valentines Day). VIN 131,xxx - all of the expected upgrades except the headlights. And Boombox worked from the factory even with the heated wheel, so guess they have merged the SW versions now. And I absolutely LOVE the DBM color..... I haven't been able to do much other than set up the phones, get my charging set-up.... um, set up and put in my floor mats and console inserts. Hopefully later this week I can spend some quality time actually driving! Oh, and the quality was excellent on the car. All gaps looked great and no interior smudges or damage. Very pleased with that.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 65
So I picked up my MY LR AWD on Saturday and of course TMC was down all weekend.....! ;-) Well, here is is, named Val (since it was born on valentines Day). VIN 131,xxx - all of the expected upgrades except the headlights. And Boombox worked from the factory even with the heated wheel, so guess they have merged the SW versions now. And I absolutely LOVE the DBM color..... I haven't been able to do much other than set up the phones, get my charging set-up.... um, set up and put in my floor mats and console inserts. Hopefully later this week I can spend some quality time actually driving! Oh, and the quality was excellent on the car. All gaps looked great and no interior smudges or damage. Very pleased with that.
Refreshed center console?

How does Tesla assign VIN's? There have been a few assigned to customers the same spec's as what I ordered and they were ordered after I did. I am just curious? When I ordered it was 2-4 weeks, then 2-6 weeks and now all I get from the SA (when he finally contacts me back) is he does not know, but within the next couple of months.

How does Tesla assign VIN's? There have been a few assigned to customers the same spec's as what I ordered and they were ordered after I did. I am just curious? When I ordered it was 2-4 weeks, then 2-6 weeks and now all I get from the SA (when he finally contacts me back) is he does not know, but within the next couple of months.
What did you order? Based on a lot of reading here, it seems that they build them in batches - a bunch of MYP's in white, then grey, then blue.... Then a bunch of LR AWD's grouped by color..... Then they allocate based on location - the closer to end of quarter, the more they work back closer to the factory.... That's why the VINs are not always sequential. Not saying this is actually how it's done, but it seems - based on results - likely. I suspect you'll get a VIN and delivery this month.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
What did you order? Based on a lot of reading here, it seems that they build them in batches - a bunch of MYP's in white, then grey, then blue.... Then a bunch of LR AWD's grouped by color..... Then they allocate based on location - the closer to end of quarter, the more they work back closer to the factory.... That's why the VINs are not always sequential. Not saying this is actually how it's done, but it seems - based on results - likely. I suspect you'll get a VIN and delivery this month.
Congrats on the delivery and new car! When did you order? I'm also in NJ and I ordered on 2/25 and have yet to be assigned a VIN.