Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just before I left to drive to the Service Center to pickup my Model Y, blue, LR they called to say that the windshield was cracked and needed to be replaced. We rescheduled delivery for a week out. I'm thankful they inspected and called me immediately since getting to the SC takes at least 90 minutes.

Couple questions. 1) Is the attached screen where everyone "waits" for their car? I want to make sure they are not waiting for me to do something else.....and 2) and I know this is a loaded question, how long do you think it will take to get thru the back order? I had mine on order since January, but then updated the order to add FSD. I thought in my head it may expedite shipment seeing as that is pure profit to them (crazy thought right!???). Plus I simply wanted it anyway. My wife's van is really pushing its life and don't want to see her broken down. But may have to just skip the Tesla and get something else :(
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 3.23.10 PM.png

Couple questions. 1) Is the attached screen where everyone "waits" for their car? I want to make sure they are not waiting for me to do something else.....and 2) and I know this is a loaded question, how long do you think it will take to get thru the back order? I had mine on order since January, but then updated the order to add FSD. I thought in my head it may expedite shipment seeing as that is pure profit to them (crazy thought right!???). Plus I simply wanted it anyway. My wife's van is really pushing its life and don't want to see her broken down. But may have to just skip the Tesla and get something else :(View attachment 559254
Yes this is the waiting screen. I reached out to a delivery center and asked them to look at my account and make sure I wasn't missing anything. Didn't help tho.

Couple questions. 1) Is the attached screen where everyone "waits" for their car? I want to make sure they are not waiting for me to do something else.....and 2) and I know this is a loaded question, how long do you think it will take to get thru the back order? I had mine on order since January, but then updated the order to add FSD. I thought in my head it may expedite shipment seeing as that is pure profit to them (crazy thought right!???). Plus I simply wanted it anyway. My wife's van is really pushing its life and don't want to see her broken down. But may have to just skip the Tesla and get something else :(View attachment 559254

My page looks like yours except I don't have a check mark by Insurance. It just shows me my insurance card in the window but there's no way for me to submit it. Sales rep said my account is up-to-date and all good though, so I dont know?

Reactions: Tysto
My page looks like yours except I don't have a check mark by Insurance. It just shows me my insurance card in the window but there's no way for me to submit it. Sales rep said my account is up-to-date and all good though, so I dont know?

Pretty much sit and wait. My friend ordered Friday and delivered Monday here in California.
I ordered yesterday, let's just sit patiently and wait!

Well, I took delivery this past Sunday. While the car was not perfect, I still decided to take delivery. Rear tailights and a door was not aligned. Also there was a little dent near the rear wheel well but the paint was not scratched. I figured these were easily fixable by the SC.

I reported them on the app as I was inspecting. My service appt is next Thursday, so we will see if I made the correct call.

Just added our 2020 MY, ordered June 29th from Illinois. I assume Tesla does what other manufactures do, wait until they fill a truck with vehicles going to the same general area of the country. I live in southern Illinois and my delivery location is over at the St Louis SC.

Reactions: Tysto
I ordered AWD LR Y on May 20 for my dad and just got a VIN, but we waited a few days for the title of the trade-in (it was bought off lease bc my father thought we'd have to wait three or four months for the Tesla). Just noticed the VIN on the order management page yesterday. Got one phone call from Tesla about the title early on & haven’t heard from them since.

Delivery is three* weeks away, but we live in northern Indiana, not California. (I’m hoping the delay means we get Roadrunner batteries. I’m sure Elon wants them in production for a couple of months before revealing them, like Hardware 3.0)

EDIT: * I mean mean TWO weeks away.

Last edited:
I ordered AWD LR Y on May 20 for my dad and just got a VIN, but we waited a few days for the title of the trade-in (it was bought off lease bc my father thought we'd have to wait three or four months for the Tesla). Just noticed the VIN on the order management page yesterday. Got one phone call from Tesla about the title early on & haven’t heard from them since.

Delivery is three weeks away, but we live in northern Indiana, not California. (I’m hoping the delay means we get Roadrunner batteries. I’m sure Elon wants them in production for a couple of months before revealing them, like Hardware 3.0)
If you look at the data in the spreadsheet, it's clear that the east coast gets last consideration when matching cars to orders. I'm proof of it...had a VIN and MVPA only for the car to be given to a west coast customer. I'm a 2019 reservation holder. You can disagree all you want but the data doesn't lie.

Delivery is three* weeks away, but we live in northern Indiana, not California. (I’m hoping the delay means we get Roadrunner batteries. I’m sure Elon wants them in production for a couple of months before revealing them, like Hardware 3.0)

EDIT: * I mean mean TWO weeks away.
Roadrunner batteries are likely for S & X. I don't know, but the small Fremont plant making them can't scale to support model 3 & Y. They are likely for Plaid Model S, possibly the X and perhaps on the Roadster. Over time, I expect the production process and tech to transfer to other plants, but Panasonic 18650 production systems are still running 8 years after the S went into production.

• Informative
Reactions: endizguyz
I originally ordered white on white LR with induction wheels on 6/18 and was assigned Vin on 6/28 to pick up on 6/30. I then changed my mind after reading all the issues with white so I changed to black with white interior.

I thought I’d be to the back of the queue but was assigned a vin on 7/3 with no further updates.

Been trying to find something to understand how long from ordering to vin and from vin to delivery but no luck. Tesla reps are super busy and delayed on response too.
Good luck to all

@Ts007, OK. I have now added these 3 columns. By the way, HERE is a video that shows how to filter and sort. Creating filter views in Google Sheets does not affect how others see the sheet. That's a nice feature of filter views (Data > Filter Views) compared to normal filters (Data > Create a filter).

jRkUIfD.png

Last edited: