Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the data in the spreadsheet, it's clear that the east coast gets last consideration when matching cars to orders. I'm proof of it...had a VIN and MVPA only for the car to be given to a west coast customer. I'm a 2019 reservation holder. You can disagree all you want but the data doesn't lie.
Wow, just ordered on June 30 for east coast delivery. This does not make me very hopefully for a 4 week delivery.
No VIN yet for me

Okay, so I reached out to Tesla about my vehicle since the VIN is exactly between vin's that were delivered weeks ago because I knew something was fishy. They said the car is sitting at the Burbank dealership waiting for them to contact me for a pick up date. I feel as if the store is so busy with other deliveries that I'm way back. But the thing is, my car shouldn't just be sitting there since it's a waste of space.

Cross my fingers I get the text soon!

Okay, so I reached out to Tesla about my vehicle since the VIN is exactly between vin's that were delivered weeks ago because I knew something was fishy. They said the car is sitting at the Burbank dealership waiting for them to contact me for a pick up date. I feel as if the store is so busy with other deliveries that I'm way back. But the thing is, my car shouldn't just be sitting there since it's a waste of space.

Cross my fingers I get the text soon!

Just a quick thought. Is it possible that car was refused? Don't want to be negative, but make sure you check the car closely upon pickup. Someone put this checklist out here. May want to use it.

Couple questions. 1) Is the attached screen where everyone "waits" for their car? I want to make sure they are not waiting for me to do something else.....and 2) and I know this is a loaded question, how long do you think it will take to get thru the back order? I had mine on order since January, but then updated the order to add FSD. I thought in my head it may expedite shipment seeing as that is pure profit to them (crazy thought right!???). Plus I simply wanted it anyway. My wife's van is really pushing its life and don't want to see her broken down. But may have to just skip the Tesla and get something else :(View attachment 559254
Good try with the pure profit angle.
I ordered March /2019
MY Red(+2k) performance ($$$)
White interior(1k) FSD (6k)
Still no Vin but I felt that same way
Hey it'll be here before we know it

Still no VIN for me. Day1 Blue, AWD, black, 5 seat. NJ own an X p100d and a 3, so previous ownership doesn't mean anything.
Good try with the pure profit angle.
I ordered March /2019
MY Red(+2k) performance ($$$)
White interior(1k) FSD (6k)
Still no Vin but I felt that same way
Hey it'll be here before we know it

As stated I ordered March 26 2019
I got a call today from Tesla who said I have been matched to a Vin
258XX not sure where that fits in but looks new.
He said they are filling alot or orders now .I should expect 23rd or 24th but can change to earlier.
Posting from South Jersey
So long time waiters should be soon.
Tesla Vin finder shows nothing but
Its now in my account
And Matched

Got a text this morning. Setup for a 7/22/2020 delivery. Crazy how impersonal all of this is. I know it is efficient for Tesla, but still strikes me as very cold. I would think an exciting email with information about the pickup process or something should come. Call me crazy :)

Reactions: Tysto
The price of the Y has just dropped $3k for the configuration I ordered, even tho the price of FSD went up. Will my purchase price be adjusted, or would I have to cancel and reorder? $3k is a lot of money. I'm scheduled for delivery on the 18th.

I have the exact same situation. If my delivery date is set for 7/22. Things cannot get anymore frustrating with this purchase. How can you lose 2K worth of value BEFORE you pick it up?