Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That can't be right, can it? Looks like March builds had VINs starting in the 2,000-3,000 range. Are you getting some sort of prototype?
I mean I hope for my sake I'm not getting an early build lol, that would really disappoint me. Guess I'll check the tail lights and whatever else I can from the outside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-160205.png
    Screenshot_20200903-160205.png
    368.3 KB · Views: 59
I mean I hope for my sake I'm not getting an early build lol, that would really disappoint me. Guess I'll check the tail lights and whatever else I can from the outside.

Are you working with a sales person, etc.? Lots of people here have reported that they have the ability to lookup the build date for you. I would be very suspicious of this too. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When I went to my delivery appt in MN, I swear I saw this VIN or something VERY similar. I was checking all the VINs I could see and to compare to fit/finish on my own and there was a really well put together Blue Performance/Black interior and I was very confused at the VIN. I thought "wow, that's early" but thought maybe it was performance related or something. Weird.

Are you working with a sales person, etc.? Lots of people here have reported that they have the ability to lookup the build date for you. I would be very suspicious of this too. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I have not talked to any salespeople, but I'll call them up tomorrow.

Come to think of it, there was a new MY exactly like the one I ordered sitting on their lot when I visited a couple weeks ago (I visited on a whim; just wanted to see how bad these QC issues really were). It was awful looking: even the hood emblem was peeling off, in addition to the usual panel fitting issues. It looked like it had been sitting a while. Hopefully they're not trying to palm off some old stock.

Reactions: CO_MY
I have not talked to any salespeople, but I'll call them up tomorrow.

Come to think of it, there was a new MY exactly like the one I ordered sitting on their lot when I visited a couple weeks ago (I visited on a whim; just wanted to see how bad these QC issues really were). It was awful looking: even the hood emblem was peeling off, in addition to the usual panel fitting issues. It looked like it had been sitting a while. Hopefully they're not trying to palm off some old stock.

Maybe they sent it back to HQ for re-work or had it done on premise and have to keep the same VIN. Really hope it’s just an error and it all works out in your favor.

Seems like my VIN is really low for some reason.

5YJYGDEF4LF001760

Am I just reading it wrong? Everyone else's is in the 30k's or 40k's, it seems.

Ordered Aug. 15, VIN and delivery date both assigned today. Blue/Black/PUP
Ask them what the build date is on the car. There is a sticker on the drivers door pillar that has that information.

I'll be picking my MY the day before you at the Owings Mills SC. For what it's worth, I'll share that two days ago I got a voicemail from a SA there who said "it looks your vehicle is going to arriving this Friday" meaning tomorrow 9/4, "so if you'd like to come pick up as early as Saturday, please call back." I was momentarily excited until I called back and got a different person who said the vehicle they called about was an "inventory" vehicle because the previous buyer's financing fell through and they had to bring more cash to the table than they expected. I think all of us on this forum know that financing isn't typically a last minute thing and you certainly don't get a VIN/scheduled delivery until that step is complete unless you're paying all cash. Anyway, I was suspicious that it was actually rejected and like you said in a later post they were trying to pawn off some rejected vehicle. They were supposed to call me back with the VIN and build date and they never did. I'm just going to wait for my assigned VIN.

I hope both of us have smooth deliveries next week but definitely be wary of that low VIN!

I was doing my daily Tesla website check today, and was thrilled to see that there were a couple of new entries to click on: Lemon Law and Purchase Agreement. Bingo! I got my MVPA with VIN of: 42,193, and the proposed delivery date of: 09-17-20. That makes 10 Days from order to VIN assignment and 27 days from order to proposed delivery. Like everyone else, I've got my fingers crossed, and my inspection checklists and flashlights ready as well.

I've updated the order spreadsheet, and noticed how lucky we are to have gotten a number. I wonder how many folks have just not entered their data, or are we just lucky to get a number before others? I guess that's the question that so many of us ask as we try to figure out the rhyme or reason of the assignment of vehicles.

In any case, we are very happy. A happy day, indeed!

Seems like my VIN is really low for some reason.

5YJYGDEF4LF001760

Am I just reading it wrong? Everyone else's is in the 30k's or 40k's, it seems.

Ordered Aug. 15, VIN and delivery date both assigned today. Blue/Black/PUP
Just to follow up with this, I called and found out that I was being matched up with a vehicle that was "born" on March 8. I said I wasn't interested, and the salesperson was understanding of that and said he'd unmatch me from that vehicle. I suppose I'm now at the back of the line.

At least I didn't lose my $100 deposit, I guess.