Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, joining the club here.

Ordered LR/White/White-black/19/no FSD/no hitch back on 9/17, still no signs of VIN yet. SA said delivery is likely to be the first week of November.

If they are moving to the new casting machine with a single piece rear end, there may be some updates to the assembly line. I’d think we’d hear about it, but would not be surprised if they are updating the line and we’d see a week lag in new VIN’s.

I agree. There have been a lot of rumors of minor changes this quarter, so slowdown at the beginning of the quarter wouldn't be surprising.

Ordered Performance/Midnight Silver Metallic/FSD on 9/22/20, received VIN and schedule pickup on 10/5/20 to occur on 10/18/20. Reading this forum is the only thing helping with the waiting game, although I haven't had to wait as long as others.

Filled out that form and am looking at all the other responses. Ordered mine LR AWD/MSM/FSD on 9/28/20 and still no VIN. I even tried the source code trick to try to find it, but I guess mine is taking longer than some of the lucky ones who had a VERY fast turnaround! :)

Filled out that form and am looking at all the other responses. Ordered mine LR AWD/MSM/FSD on 9/28/20 and still no VIN. I even tried the source code trick to try to find it, but I guess mine is taking longer than some of the lucky ones who had a VERY fast turnaround! :)

It seems like most VIN assignments are on the west coast right now. Hopefully other regions will start to see them soon.

I ordered 9/25 and still nothing. I’m East coast so I was told not to expect anything until end of October or November.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight
I ordered 9/25 and still nothing. I’m East coast so I was told not to expect anything until end of October or November.
I mentioned this on another thread - this morning I received VIN assignment for my LR/White/Black/19"/Tow hitch/No FSD ordered on 9/17 but modified on 9/26. Delivery in Charlotte NC. Couple of days ago I called the local Tesla and the guy told me that delivery not likely till at least end of October.
Well, VIN assignment doesn't necessarily mean delivery in the next couple of days (as I have not received any delivery notification) but hope it is sooner than the end of the month.

Reactions: jsight
I ordered on 9/16. (LR, AWD, Solid Black, Tow).

Still no VIN.

Does anyone know the Nyquist frequency for checking my Tesla account for the VIN? Can't get this off my brain and find myself checking every 14 and a half minutes!

Welcome to the club, ordered same date, and get ticked off when I see peeps ordering this month and already getting VIN's. I'm happy I didn't get an EOQ car but can't figure out why they won't assign me a VIN at this point. Especially when I got a 4-8 day text message on the 22nd of September! Sheesh