Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order 4 weeks ago today (9/18) and just got my 2021 VIN today, I found it in Source Code, but then its also on my manage order page. No MVPA yet.

Vin ends 636xx and has the M signifying a 2021 model year.

Red LR AWD, no other options. From MN.

Reactions: KJD
So after manipulating some data in the spreadsheet for my config, I honestly think the tow hitch is holding me up. The thing is, I didn't originally order one but my SA matched me with a 45XXX car last week and said I needed to have the hitch on there since that one had it. I never even saw the car and he unmatched it due to quality issues.

I was afraid to have him remove the hitch because I didn't want it to mess up my order in the queue but I think it has seriously been holding things up.

And if I really want a hitch in the future, I could order one from Teslarati for $300 bucks instead of the $1,000.

Any thoughts?

So after manipulating some data in the spreadsheet for my config, I honestly think the tow hitch is holding me up. The thing is, I didn't originally order one but my SA matched me with a 45XXX car last week and said I needed to have the hitch on there since that one had it. I never even saw the car and he unmatched it due to quality issues.

I was afraid to have him remove the hitch because I didn't want it to mess up my order in the queue but I think it has seriously been holding things up.

And if I really want a hitch in the future, I could order one from Teslarati for $300 bucks instead of the $1,000.

Any thoughts?

I agree, changing your config doesn't necessary mean you will be waiting longer. Installing tow hitch is most likely aftermarket so they will have to specify a car for you before installing the hitch. I changed my color and that even sped up my process. Keep bugging your SA too and be nice about it. I have sent a total of 10+ email since 10/03 til now

Another VIN! Order date 10/2, VIN 10/17 63xxx, Blue/Black, 19", no tow hitch, no FSD.
SA said a few days ago the car was expected to roll off the production line next week, and got a VIN today.
Texted SA and he estimates about a 2 week delivery timeline.
Delivery to Houston, TX.