Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re-read your post...you delayed until 12/20? Yes, the VIN shows up on your account page, first, under your order number.

Thanks for the response.

I called Tesla this morning and since I had pushed it back to December, it was still on hold. The rep placed me back in line and said new orders to the NC area were averaging 2-5 weeks.

I asked him a bunch of questions about Model Y refresh and potential battery changes knowing he almost certainly wouldn't know and comically he told me to check Teslamotorsclub.

Reactions: skidmarc
I just woke up to Final Balance is now ready and have been assigned VIN 78xxx. I know supposedly VIN numbers do not relate to born on date, however, with VIN's at almost 82xxx, I'm not sure about taking delivery yet. Plus, I hadn't planned on MY being ready this soon even though I ordered mine on 10/21/2020.

Guess my next step is to find out the born on date. I really would like it to have the auto-dimming mirrors, and the USB in the glovebox, as small and petty as that sounds. LOL I'm assuming my MY is not setting at the Service Center, so how would the SA know if the MY has all of the newest updates?

I just woke up to Final Balance is now ready and have been assigned VIN 78xxx. I know supposedly VIN numbers do not relate to born on date, however, with VIN's at almost 82xxx, I'm not sure about taking delivery yet. Plus, I hadn't planned on MY being ready this soon even though I ordered mine on 10/21/2020.

Guess my next step is to find out the born on date. I really would like it to have the auto-dimming mirrors, and the USB in the glovebox, as small and petty as that sounds. LOL I'm assuming my MY is not setting at the Service Center, so how would the SA know if the MY has all of the newest updates?

Looking at the sheet, a bunch of us just got these. Given I got this and ordered mine less than a week ago, I think these are new builds

Reactions: Jamezam

78XXX will most likely have all of the above. Congrats!

Reactions: dc_h and Jamezam
I talked to my SA yesterday about the 69XXX I was matched to last week. He said the build date is 11/7, so laminated windows, but definitely no dimming mirrors or glovebox USB port.

He let me know that the vehicle was originally intended for another customer at a suburban location in the region, but sat there for three days before being released back into the wild and matched to me, which probably means that customer failed to pick it up...but it’s possible that the customer rejected it at delivery, and it didn’t go back into the system right away.

His advice was, if I’m concerned about spending the next three years feeling FOMO over the missing new features, I should have him release the VIN and wait for a new match, but if I’m okay with the features but worried that the last gut rejected it at delivery, I should wait until my 12/3 pickup and check it very thoroughly and reject it if necessary. When I said “that sounds great, I’ll keep this VIN”, he advised me to hold off on making a decision on the spot, sleep on it, and text him the next day.

I’m really hoping it’s in great condition because, honestly, I’d be 100% happy to take this bad boy home. I’m also a big fan of this SA for being so straight-up with me.

I talked to my SA yesterday about the 69XXX I was matched to last week. He said the build date is 11/7, so laminated windows, but definitely no dimming mirrors or glovebox USB port.

He let me know that the vehicle was originally intended for another customer at a suburban location in the region, but sat there for three days before being released back into the wild and matched to me, which probably means that customer failed to pick it up...but it’s possible that the customer rejected it at delivery, and it didn’t go back into the system right away.

His advice was, if I’m concerned about spending the next three years feeling FOMO over the missing new features, I should have him release the VIN and wait for a new match, but if I’m okay with the features but worried that the last gut rejected it at delivery, I should wait until my 12/3 pickup and check it very thoroughly and reject it if necessary. When I said “that sounds great, I’ll keep this VIN”, he advised me to hold off on making a decision on the spot, sleep on it, and text him the next day.

I’m really hoping it’s in great condition because, honestly, I’d be 100% happy to take this bad boy home. I’m also a big fan of this SA for being so straight-up with me.

NOW that is outstanding customer service!

Reactions: CleverUsername
NOW that is outstanding customer service!
100%. Felipe at the Grand Ave store in Chicago is fantastic. He’s a straight shooter, super helpful, knowledgeable, and happy to geek out with me about Teslas and cars in general.

I’ve had three BMW X3’s in a row - I think they’re great cars and have been very happy with all of them. But I was bummed the iX3 wasn’t going to be available here until 2022 at the earliest, so I did an 8-hour Audi e-tron test drive (amazing car, by the way, but subpar range and more than I wanted to spend), and was just curious about how the Model Y compared. I started to fill out the form to schedule a test drive, but never got around to selecting a date/time.

Felipe texted me an hour later to say he saw I’d started filling out the form, and just wanted to reach out to see if he could answer any questions or schedule a test drive for me. If it wasn’t for him being proactive like that, there’s a high probability I’d have X3 #4 in my garage right now. I’m definitely going to figure out how I can leave some very positive feedback about him.

Reactions: Jamezam