Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got that one first. The supercharging one came a few hours before I scheduled delivery
I see. I've spoken to SA's at my delivery center and they confirmed the year of supercharging but... an hour ago their CEO also put out that anyone taking delivery in the next 3 days also gets 3 FREE MONTHS OF FSD!! I'm heading to my delivery center in the morning and camping out until my MY arrives!! Elon is a crazy MF'er and I'm loving it! Now just crossing my fingers that my MY arrives on time!

Got a text this AM saying that due to high demand, I won't have my MYP silver/black no tow until first few months of 2021. Got a call from SC saying they had one just arrive that matches my specs except it has a tow. Said I'll take it and she matched me to VIN 90XXX. Hopefully picking up today! Ordered 12/21. Will inspect very carefully but super excited. Reply YES to that text if you got it and maybe they'll find you one!

@DrGr3y, thanks for the suggestion. Sorry for the late response. The column you wanted is now added.

0ZkQMEM.png

Does this factor in the profile submission date? I don't see a column about that.

Current Status: waiting for a Model Y since Dec-02-2020. (Long Range MSM with FSD)
Timeline: Ordered (Oct-25-2020) -> Profile Submitted (Nov-29-2020) -> Accepted the Loan (Dec-02-2020) -> Waiting for the VIN.

And the manage order page clearly mentions that "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

@Troy could we add this column or is it too late? Have not seen any discussion about this so far. Thanks in advance.

Placed order on Thursday Jan 14th. Originally was a black interior. Local rep said they have a white interior available immediately, but failed to mention it was $1000 more. After finding that out I changed it back to black interior and today my VIN appeared and estimated delivery date is today to Jan 20th.

Still no call from Tesla and the agent assigned to my car won't return emails or phone calls. I have to call into the local store and get a completely different agent if I want any info. Their Reps are seriously degrading my buying experience.

Vin 107742

How do you get “your delivery profile is complete”? I have everything I can see done. Under next steps, it does list insurance, but has a black check mark beside it. After that it says I’ll be contacted to sign my contracts and make the final payment. There is also mention to watch some videos, which I did. Everything else is under the completed tab. My order view design (can’t edit), add full self drive or request cancel. My order agreement and lemon law docs are available. My SA said everything looks good to her. Also my delivery estimate has even shifted to the good side (went from 2-6 weeks on Wednesday, to 1-3 weeks on Friday, Jan 21 - Feb 10). No VIN yet and I don’t see anything saying my delivery profile is complete. One thing I did figure out is when I first uploaded my proof of insurance I used a PDF file. It loaded with no errors, and changed the button to “replace”, but didn’t display a preview of the file. I tried converting to a jpeg and reloading, then suddenly I got the additional prompts for details (policy number, expiration date, agency phone) and then a insurance changed to a black check box, but still under next steps. Anyway, any thoughts on the “your delivery profile is complete” text?

thank a lot!

Hi everybody. Let's make sure the survey questions in the Google Form match what Tesla's website currently shows. Does it still say "Your delivery profile is complete" or do you understand that from the checkbox?
I want to make sure the wording for this question is correct:
Thanks, @Kristler for the feedback.

YNnPScs.png

rQbA2eS.png

New to the EV world and this forum, which has been super helpful btw, so thank you in advance to all of you that share your experience.

I had originally looked at/drove an 3 & Y at the Milford, CT SC a few months ago. I have to say it was a pretty great experience compared to a life of German/American/Japanese ICEs. Unfortunately being a resident of CT means I can only lease in CT and cannot buy & take delivery in CT. The SC could not even have a discussion about buying, only leasing. After some additional research (and watching Tesla from the sidelines for 2 years) I finally took the plunge and order my LR MY black/white on 1/9/21.

The ordering process online could not have been more simple. Texted the SC in Milford any time I had a question and had an almost immediate response. After being given a delivery est of 3-4 weeks, within 24 hours of ordering I had a VIN and my delivery was updated to 1/12 - 1//16. Literally days after my order. Needless to say, I was excited, the only downside was that I'd have to take delivery in Mt Kisco, NY. It's only about an hour away so not too bad, although after reading some of the reviews about the sheer volume of deliveries at the Mt Kisco SC and some other owner experiences, I was preparing for the worst.

I have to say communication from the Mt Kisco team days leading up to my 1/16 MY delivery was great. I arrived from my 1pm appointment at about 12:45, checked in and was offered waters while my daughter and I waited. At check-in I was informed that since I was 15 min early I would probably have about a 15-20 min wait since they were still working on 12pm deliveries. It didn't appear overly busy and at approx 1:05 someone called my name and we were ready to go. The car was a little dirty on the outside due to recent rain and some muddy parking lots but no big deal. Inspection in & out was fine. No fit or finish issues, no major panel gaps or misalignments. My only issue was that there were already 222 miles on the vehicle. This was a bit surprising since when I spoke to the SC earlier in the week he said he was scheduling the car to get on the truck from Freemont. I checked the Nav history and saw addresses in NJ & Long Island. The delivery rep also thought the mileage seemed high and went to check. She came back a few minutes later with a printed out history of the delivery and apparently the vehicle arrived in NJ earlier that week, made a few stops at NJ then Long Island and ended up in Mt Kisco SC. When I asked why the multiple stops and 200+ miles, her response was that it was originally scheduled for a LI delivery and the person was not ready to accept it. Since it was the identical model I had ordered they sent it to Mt Kisco, which is why it was only a matter of days from my order date. I thought the whole thing sounded a little fishy but since I was already sitting in the car and minutes away from driving it home, as I did not see any major issues with the vehicle I took it.

After driving it home (which was incredible) and speaking with the fam they were all like "so what 200 miles is not a big deal", but I would have much rather Tesla was upfront and told me, hey you can take delivery in a matter of days if you don't mind have 200 miles on your new vehicle. Would I have still taken delivery? Most likely yes, but I thought it was a little disingenuous they didn't even mention it. At the end of the day I am super happy with the EV and glad I finally pulled the trigger, aside from the mileage issue the ordering through the delivery process was seamless. So much better than the traditional ICE dealership experience.

I'm curious if the consensus on this forum is that I am overreacting, or if that mileage thing (and their explanation) was a bit odd. Sorry for the lengthy post and appreciate any feedback.

New to the EV world and this forum, which has been super helpful btw, so thank you in advance to all of you that share your experience.

I had originally looked at/drove an 3 & Y at the Milford, CT SC a few months ago. I have to say it was a pretty great experience compared to a life of German/American/Japanese ICEs. Unfortunately being a resident of CT means I can only lease in CT and cannot buy & take delivery in CT. The SC could not even have a discussion about buying, only leasing. After some additional research (and watching Tesla from the sidelines for 2 years) I finally took the plunge and order my LR MY black/white on 1/9/21.

The ordering process online could not have been more simple. Texted the SC in Milford any time I had a question and had an almost immediate response. After being given a delivery est of 3-4 weeks, within 24 hours of ordering I had a VIN and my delivery was updated to 1/12 - 1//16. Literally days after my order. Needless to say, I was excited, the only downside was that I'd have to take delivery in Mt Kisco, NY. It's only about an hour away so not too bad, although after reading some of the reviews about the sheer volume of deliveries at the Mt Kisco SC and some other owner experiences, I was preparing for the worst.

I have to say communication from the Mt Kisco team days leading up to my 1/16 MY delivery was great. I arrived from my 1pm appointment at about 12:45, checked in and was offered waters while my daughter and I waited. At check-in I was informed that since I was 15 min early I would probably have about a 15-20 min wait since they were still working on 12pm deliveries. It didn't appear overly busy and at approx 1:05 someone called my name and we were ready to go. The car was a little dirty on the outside due to recent rain and some muddy parking lots but no big deal. Inspection in & out was fine. No fit or finish issues, no major panel gaps or misalignments. My only issue was that there were already 222 miles on the vehicle. This was a bit surprising since when I spoke to the SC earlier in the week he said he was scheduling the car to get on the truck from Freemont. I checked the Nav history and saw addresses in NJ & Long Island. The delivery rep also thought the mileage seemed high and went to check. She came back a few minutes later with a printed out history of the delivery and apparently the vehicle arrived in NJ earlier that week, made a few stops at NJ then Long Island and ended up in Mt Kisco SC. When I asked why the multiple stops and 200+ miles, her response was that it was originally scheduled for a LI delivery and the person was not ready to accept it. Since it was the identical model I had ordered they sent it to Mt Kisco, which is why it was only a matter of days from my order date. I thought the whole thing sounded a little fishy but since I was already sitting in the car and minutes away from driving it home, as I did not see any major issues with the vehicle I took it.

After driving it home (which was incredible) and speaking with the fam they were all like "so what 200 miles is not a big deal", but I would have much rather Tesla was upfront and told me, hey you can take delivery in a matter of days if you don't mind have 200 miles on your new vehicle. Would I have still taken delivery? Most likely yes, but I thought it was a little disingenuous they didn't even mention it. At the end of the day I am super happy with the EV and glad I finally pulled the trigger, aside from the mileage issue the ordering through the delivery process was seamless. So much better than the traditional ICE dealership experience.

I'm curious if the consensus on this forum is that I am overreacting, or if that mileage thing (and their explanation) was a bit odd. Sorry for the lengthy post and appreciate any feedback.

Great! Glad you has a smooth delivery and so quickly, Agee they should have told you about the 200 miles. I agree though not a deal breaker. Out of curiosity did your new MY get the heated steering wheel? So far I’ve only seen a few reports with it, and most have been SR RWD models.

Congratulations!

Great! Glad you has a smooth delivery and so quickly, Agee they should have told you about the 200 miles. I agree though not a deal breaker. Out of curiosity did your new MY get the heated steering wheel? So far I’ve only seen a few reports with it, and most have been SR RWD models.

Congratulations!
I did not get the heated steering wheel. Interestingly enough when they called to confirm delivery appt I specifically asked and the person said they didn't know they were simply confirming the appt. So I texted my guy at the Milford SC and he responded..."Tesla has yet to announce a heated steering wheel for M3 and MY, though there are plenty of rumors floating around on the blogs."

Please add 1/21 to manufacture date. Took receipt of mine today, zero issues with the car. My car shows 1/21 for manufacture date.

I was told that while I do not have heated steering wheel right now that it will be put in the software and turned on at sometime in the future.

Reactions: Troy
Please add 1/21 to manufacture date. Took receipt of mine today, zero issues with the car. My car shows 1/21 for manufacture date.

I was told that while I do not have heated steering wheel right now that it will be put in the software and turned on at sometime in the future.
this is very interesting ( and confusing) !!!
why some car has software that enabled heated steering wheel and some don’t!?!!!!

I thought a MY with VIN 107xxx would surely have heated steering wheel from the factory. I guess i am wrong....

And this is the first time I heard from a tesla personnel to promise heated steering wheel will be enabled via software update. They were all muffed about it previously.

thanks for letting us know!

Yeah I made a comment how I heard today that heated steering wheels are coming in the next refresh and not this one. The rep delivering my car said "Yeah they don't have the software ready for it here yet but the mechanics are already in the wheel". He could of been lying too so who really knows. I'm certainly not going take apart my wheel to find out :)

I personally cared more about having the new center console being matte instead of glossy, sadly mine is still glossy.

Did find a few panels that are ever so slightly popped out than the other side. I am betting the service rep will just say its within the limits. It's not really noticeable unless you run your hand over. Everything else in the car seems to be working perfectly.

Reactions: laughMan
Hi, Troy, does the spreadsheet reflect a rejection of a VIN anywhere? Asking because I test drove a MY Friday that was VIN 66755, and notice that it appears 3 times on the spreadsheet (lines 585 - 587). I suspect the entry on line 585 is incorrect as it notes a Pearl White color, and the car is DBM, as noted on the other 2 lines.

Hi, Troy, does the spreadsheet reflect a rejection of a VIN anywhere? Asking because I test drove a MY Friday that was VIN 66755, and notice that it appears 3 times on the spreadsheet (lines 585 - 587). I suspect the entry on line 585 is incorrect as it notes a Pearl White color, and the car is DBM, as noted on the other 2 lines.

There are a lot of duplicates, I believe the form asks if you want to keep your VIN anonymous