Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put my order in last Saturday and they want to schedule my factory delivery on 1/22. Unfortunately, there's a software issue with the Model S I'm selling via Carvana that this will replace, so I'm probably going to have to push out delivery unless service figures out how to solve this.

So, are the cars that are being delivered so quickly coming with the heated steering wheel and auto dimming mirrors? Being in ca I don’t care about the steering wheel, but the mirrors are relevant. Is the console updated or still the old one? I’ve asked the delivery people, but I’m not getting those answers.

Reactions: PearlShark
So, are the cars that are being delivered so quickly coming with the heated steering wheel and auto dimming mirrors? Being in ca I don’t care about the steering wheel, but the mirrors are relevant. Is the console updated or still the old one? I’ve asked the delivery people, but I’m not getting those answers.

Mine has all the new stuff except the console (Mirrors, Wheel, Double pane windows). The center console update was in China and don't think they have brought it over yet. I have a 107xxx VIN. I think mine was an order that someone else placed but didn't have their financing done in time so they switched it to me.

Ordered on 1/22 and ready for delivery 1/25. Vin is 106XXX and confirmed heated steering wheel/metal scroll wheels/USB in Glove/double pane . The console and headlights have not been updated.

Curious how you were able to confirm the heated steering wheel prior to delivery? I ask because I have my order in but haven't submitted all required information to get assigned a VIN. I'm hearing most Tesla SAs aren't even aware of the heated steering wheel, or simply playing ignorant to the fact it exists. It's a must for me to have (promised wife it existed), so I'm wondering if I should wait until Tesla actually announces its existence (could be a while) or chance it that I get assigned to a new build that has it. Seems it's existence has been widely sporatic and not following VIN #'s. Thanks in advance!

Curious how you were able to confirm the heated steering wheel prior to delivery? I ask because I have my order in but haven't submitted all required information to get assigned a VIN. I'm hearing most Tesla SAs aren't even aware of the heated steering wheel, or simply playing ignorant to the fact it exists. It's a must for me to have (promised wife it existed), so I'm wondering if I should wait until Tesla actually announces its existence (could be a while) or chance it that I get assigned to a new build that has it. Seems it's existence has been widely sporatic and not following VIN #'s. Thanks in advance!

Until you sit in the car and check to see if it has a heated wheel, no one can really be completely for sure.

However, I've seen heated wheels as low as 103k, so if your VIN is 120k, for example, its highly likely you will have the heated wheel. If the car comes in and doesn't have a heated wheel, reject delivery and tell them to build you another one.

The cars with heated wheels are running a different software version so there is still some hope that all car with metal scroll wheels will have heated wheels. Regardless, if the car doesn't have the equipment you want at the time of pickup, reject it.

As soon as the heated wheel becomes ubiquitous we can start clamoring over the new headlights.

Last edited:
Until you sit in the car and check to see if it has a heated wheel, no one can really be completely for sure.

However, I've seen heated wheels as low as 103k, so if your VIN is 120k, for example, its highly likely you will have the heated wheel. If the car comes in and doesn't have a heated wheel, reject delivery and tell them to build you another one.

The cars with heated wheels are running a different software version so there is still some hope that all car with metal scroll wheels will have heated wheels. Regardless, if the car doesn't have the equipment you want at the time of pickup, reject it.

As soon as the heated wheel becomes ubiquitous we can start clamoring over the new headlights.

Wait... I'm not done clamoring over the new center console! Thanks - that was my assumption as well but sounded like from @trkmy post, they were able to get confirmation before delivery day. Was just wondering if it was the SA who provided that info or whether they were just assuming based on VIN #.

Reactions: PearlShark