Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I was completing my info in my account today. The website was being a bit clunky and I double-clicked when/where I shouldn't have, I guess, and it went through as Cash. How do I change it to Finance? Doesn't seem to be an option to change anything on the account page.
I was able to get Tesla to open my account up so I could change payment type. Interesting, there is this blurb - 'Your Model Y is coming with Autopilot. Save on Full Self-Driving before delivery.' I wonder if they are going to start charging more for FSD if you purchase post-delivery. I had planned to try the subscription service first when they offer it.

Does anyone know where to specify communication preferences with Tesla? The spreadsheet mentions VIN source and people have put: manage order page, email, phone call, text..... I am wondering if we specify one (and if so, where) or if Tesla just picks one? I will probably be like most other people here and break my F5 button hoping it has new info, but just curious if we can select a preference. Thanks!

Does anyone know where to specify communication preferences with Tesla? The spreadsheet mentions VIN source and people have put: manage order page, email, phone call, text..... I am wondering if we specify one (and if so, where) or if Tesla just picks one? I will probably be like most other people here and break my F5 button hoping it has new info, but just curious if we can select a preference. Thanks!

You don't need to specify anything, it should show up in your account when the VIN is assigned. Click on the "Manage" button, on the right side under "Your Model Y" you'll see your order # "RN....numbers", and the VIN will be listed under that once it's assigned. Took 2 days in my case. I assume some other people may have been working directly with an Advisor which is why there are other options such as email/text, but I think that's a more rare scenario vs. it showing up in your account. I didn't get any notifications via email or phone, just like you, I was refreshing the page every hour LOL. One lucky refresh and BAM, it was there. Good luck! Picking mine up on Wednesday!

Reactions: mcmcn
You don't need to specify anything, it should show up in your account when the VIN is assigned. Click on the "Manage" button, on the right side under "Your Model Y" you'll see your order # "RN....numbers", and the VIN will be listed under that once it's assigned. Took 2 days in my case. I assume some other people may have been working directly with an Advisor which is why there are other options such as email/text, but I think that's a more rare scenario vs. it showing up in your account. I didn't get any notifications via email or phone, just like you, I was refreshing the page every hour LOL. One lucky refresh and BAM, it was there. Good luck! Picking mine up on Wednesday!
Will be curious about your heated wheel. I was just assigned a VIN about 50 cars after yours!

@Troy for the delivery rate of the spreadsheet can you include seating option? Would like to be able to see the time frame for people ordering the 7 seat option.

No problem. See row 34 on the 'Delivery Rate' tab.

yZDJmKV.png

I’ll let you know Wed!

Correction - I will NOT let you know Wednesday, LOL. Just got a call that my car is in AZ (I'm in Portland), so they had to un-match me from that VIN. Tried to get me to take white interior for delivery tomorrow, but not an option with dogs. Although I knew this was a possibility, wish they would have given me heads up more than 24hrs before I took off work and booked a road trip for this weekend!

Correction - I will NOT let you know Wednesday, LOL. Just got a call that my car is in AZ (I'm in Portland), so they had to un-match me from that VIN. Tried to get me to take white interior for delivery tomorrow, but not an option with dogs. Although I knew this was a possibility, wish they would have given me heads up more than 24hrs before I took off work and booked a road trip for this weekend!
Sorry Doc, that sucks. Somebody in Arizona is about to have a great day.... They are going to go from not having a VIN to "Hey, come pick up your car!"

Ah ok, no big deal as I actually deferred mine until after 3/1. That was my original preference, but I actually considered a mid-Feb delivery until this darn snow storm fouled up getting an electrician here for my 240v outlet. So going back to original plan. But sorry you got fouled up.

Sorry Doc, that sucks. Somebody in Arizona is about to have a great day.... They are going to go from not having a VIN to "Hey, come pick up your car!"

Haha... yeah, all good. I'm pretty easy going but definitely bummed we won't have our car for the road trip we had just booked through Olympic National Park for a few days.

I was quickly matched to a 95K VIN (even after I told the SA I don't want a lower VIN than I was picking up tomorrow which was 117K), so had to call and have them remove that and put me back in queue. Not a great day, but they've been quick to get on the phone to help.

Hey club, signed up to share what I’ve found out from my buying experience so far.
Ordered MY AWD on 2/3/21, received a (109—) vin match this morning 2/5 and scheduled earliest appointment for 2/10!
I was hesitant, waiting on all the new updates but was assured in store today that I’d be receiving at least the heated steering wheel. The associate says “all VIN’s over 106 will come with heated steering wheel”
I’ll keep updating with photos as I know more ;)

Hey club, signed up to share what I’ve found out from my buying experience so far.
Ordered MY AWD on 2/3/21, received a (109—) vin match this morning 2/5 and scheduled earliest appointment for 2/10!
I was hesitant, waiting on all the new updates but was assured in store today that I’d be receiving at least the heated steering wheel. The associate says “all VIN’s over 106 will come with heated steering wheel”
I’ll keep updating with photos as I know more ;)

Congrats~! Great info, and my associate also confirmed all Y's have been coming in since at least mid-Jan with the heated wheels. I originally had delivery of a 117K VIN last Wednesday but they called day before to cancel. They gave me a 95K VIN right away and I called to have them un-match me as I knew from research the heated wheel started in 100Ks. They did un-match me and I just got my new VIN last night 118K.

Reactions: laughMan