Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is definitely noticeable, not as much as the difference between chillmode and normal, but the butt says faster for sure. lol
In an Ideal world a Y Performance without the big rims and brakes and lower suspension and was under 55k, I would have bought( like the stealth from what i understand), but this is the best of both worlds for 8k less and a little more range. It will definitely help your off the line game :)
Brakes are actually not that much larger. 2mm thicker rotors, painted calipers with different pads to my knowledge. Caliper size and rotor diameter are the same.

Big thing that kept me away from the MYP was not only the extra cash but really the big wheels. While I love the way they look. Tires are ridiculous price wise and you instantly need to drop another 2500+ for winters if you live in a multi season region like me.

like you I will drop the 2 beans for acceleration boost. lol

Brakes are actually not that much larger. 2mm thicker rotors, painted calipers with different pads to my knowledge. Caliper size and rotor diameter are the same.

Big thing that kept me away from the MYP was not only the extra cash but really the big wheels. While I love the way they look. Tires are ridiculous price wise and you instantly need to drop another 2500+ for winters if you live in a multi season region like me.

like you I will drop the 2 beans for acceleration boost. lol
The P calipers are quite different, they've got 3 pairs of pistons vs 2 on the base. The front base rotors are 320mm diameter, the P are 355mm

MY/LR WHITE/BLACK/FSD, Bay Area. Ordered 4/4, paying via third party financing. Made the mistake of applying for financing too soon and may lose my rate by the time my MVPA is released.

My delivery dates have shifted a fair bit as well, currently tracking 4/18 (lol) - 5/7 (lol?).

We'll see what happens, hopefully I can lock in a decent financing rate the second time around.

Reactions: GVDang
MY/LR WHITE/BLACK/FSD, Bay Area. Ordered 4/4, paying via third party financing. Made the mistake of applying for financing too soon and may lose my rate by the time my MVPA is released.

My delivery dates have shifted a fair bit as well, currently tracking 4/18 (lol) - 5/7 (lol?).

We'll see what happens, hopefully I can lock in a decent financing rate the second time around.
I'm bay area as well. Identical delivery estimate right now

Reactions: _ayn
it's so difficult to understand what's going on with Tesla. My MSM LR (white, 19", AP) ordered April 1st originally had a delivery date of May 10 - May 31. Now it's May 18th - June 7. It jumps around everyday, usually backwards. Either demand is extraordinary or they're having production/parts supply problems. Imagine how many they'd sell if you could just go to a showroom and pick one off of the lot the same day. That would also allow me to inspect it closely prior to purchase.

it's so difficult to understand what's going on with Tesla. My MSM LR (white, 19", AP) ordered April 1st originally had a delivery date of May 10 - May 31. Now it's May 18th - June 7. It jumps around everyday, usually backwards. Either demand is extraordinary or they're having production/parts supply problems. Imagine how many they'd sell if you could just go to a showroom and pick one off of the lot the same day. That would also allow me to inspect it closely prior to purchase.
It's demand, which is why you can't just go pick one up in a showroom