Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s my understanding that incentives are valid if delivery is taken after Dec 31, 2021 — I think the exact language was “acquired” after this date. I hope that’s the case as I ordered mine in October but delivery is expected in March. I would appreciate clarification on this point if anyone knows for sure.
Ask your State representative. 🤮

that VIN w
It’s my understanding that incentives are valid if delivery is taken after Dec 31, 2021 — I think the exact language was “acquired” after this date. I hope that’s the case as I ordered mine in October but delivery is expected in March. I would appreciate clarification on this point if anyone knows for sure.
Do no one knows. Nothing is finalized, even the dates are up in the air. But all signs point to delivery, not order.

Anyone else in the eastern US order a MYLR with Gemini wheels in September? Is your delivery date getting pushed back like mine?

I would have ordered the performance model for the extra $7k, but no way could I live with those low profile tires, even in the summer. Wife had two sidewall blowout incidents on a previous car with low profile tires. And then we'd have to spend $4k more for wheels&snows, so that was a no-go, though I would have loved to have that acceleration.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Anyone else in the eastern US order a MYLR with Gemini wheels in September? Is your delivery date getting pushed back like mine?

I would have ordered the performance model for the extra $7k, but no way could I live with those low profile tires, even in the summer. Wife had two sidewall blowout incidents on a previous car with low profile tires. And then we'd have to spend $4k more for wheels&snows, so that was a no-go, though I would have loved to have that acceleration.
Same order, EDD has not changed yet. OD 9/25

If the incentives pass next week, a big if... the language reads that the incentive eligibility is based on the purchase date, not the order date. The date you receive the car into your possession is your purchase date. Currently the language reads 1/1/2022 or the date of passage, whichever is LATER. So if they don't pass it next week, or before 1/1/2022 we could see the eligibility date push into 2022. Lets hope that doesn't happen. For example, if you purchase on 3/1/2022 and they pass it on 3/15/2022 you are not eligible.

Reactions: SMC-tx
Perhaps a question that I've completely missed the answer to thus far... I ordered a MYLR last night and completed my delivery profile up to the point of applying for financing. With delivery out to June, applying now seems pointless. Does Tesla require me to do so in order to move my order forward? Seems a bit odd since I'd for sure have to apply again in May or June when closer to delivery anyway.

Perhaps a question that I've completely missed the answer to thus far... I ordered a MYLR last night and completed my delivery profile up to the point of applying for financing. With delivery out to June, applying now seems pointless. Does Tesla require me to do so in order to move my order forward? Seems a bit odd since I'd for sure have to apply again in May or June when closer to delivery anyway.
yes

Oh, but you can just enter "cash" and wait to apply for financing once you have the VIN.

Reactions: SpaceShipDrvr
Added my order to the sheet.
Trying to see how to know when to expect delivery. But sounds like it's almost in the air trying to figure it out.
Ordered 7/31/21. Delivery date kept moving anywhere from Oct thru Jan. It has stopped moving for 2 weeks now. Nov14 -Dec12.

Added my order to the sheet.
Trying to see how to know when to expect delivery. But sounds like it's almost in the air trying to figure it out.
Ordered 7/31/21. Delivery date kept moving anywhere from Oct thru Jan. It has stopped moving for 2 weeks now. Nov14 -Dec12.
I would be very surprised if you did not receive this before the end of this month. I checked up your options - neither Red nor 7 seater and you live in CA.

Fun data tricks...

Started pulling data from the spreadsheet to assess when I'm likely to get a VIN. As of this morning, reported data indicates that at least 1/2 of the folks who ordered by the last week of July have received a VIN. I suspect the actual numbers are probably a bit higher since not everyone is updating the sheet when they receive a VIN.

For 2021 orders reported here in CO, 5 days appears to be the median time between VIN and delivery.

1636913971522.png

Attachments

• 1636913908630.png
    1636913908630.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 57
I would be very surprised if you did not receive this before the end of this month. I checked up your options - neither Red nor 7 seater and you live in CA.They
They updated my delivery date early this morning. It moved from Nov14-Dec12 to Nov20-Dec18.
Now at 9:56AM, I received a text from Tesla asking me to reply to the text with any trade-in VIN if I wanted to get a value of a trade-in.

Anyone received this text prior to their delivery? Just want to see if this text can be co-related to any delivery date expectation.

Thanks

They updated my delivery date early this morning. It moved from Nov14-Dec12 to Nov20-Dec18.
Now at 9:56AM, I received a text from Tesla asking me to reply to the text with any trade-in VIN if I wanted to get a value of a trade-in.

Anyone received this text prior to their delivery? Just want to see if this text can be co-related to any delivery date expectation.

Thanks
I know a couple of folks in another thread here got that text over the weekend and then got VINs on Monday....hoping good things for you.