Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslinsomnia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is the term I am giving the condition of my not being able to sleep because I'm so freaking excited to get this car!

is anyone else afflicted?

I've had two bad bouts of Teslinsomnia. About two months ago after test driving the 85kWh non-perf. I already had a deposit/reservation for a couple of months and did the Get Amped, but something about the private test drive kept me up for a few nights with dreams of the Model S! Mind you, I was that jazzed about the dynamics of the 85kWh car and I've ordered a Performance!

Now this week, Teslinsomnia is back with a vengeance. been up since 3:30am now because I woke up and started thinking about my P85 I just signed the MVPA for earlier yesterday.

this is getting ridiculous. I still have probably 4 months before I get my car. How bad is my Teslinsomnia going to be around March? :cursing:

Trust me, when you do finally take delivery it's not going to get any better: you'll wake up at odd hours of the night and have to peek in the garage just to assure yourself you're not dreaming...:wink::biggrin:

I believe I have a variant of Teslinsomnia, but have treated it.

I had a call Wednesday saying my car would be here at 8am on Saturday. Wednesday night I was on call, and did not get home until Midnight, got up at 4:45 to make a 6:45 meeting downtown (Dallas), worked all day, went to my daughters' choir concert (beating) and got home at 9:45. Working all day today, then driving down to Waco (TAPPS div 3 football championship) then driving back tonight (home at 2am ish). So the actual state of this 45+ year old body will overcome the neurlogical pathology I have with respect to the car.

As for steve with bunch of zzz's, I cannot comment on what will happen after, but I am sure something like that will afflict me.

Hate to say it kin, but this condition was suffered previously by Roadster owners.

I was lucky as ordering in Sept / 10 I only had to endure 12 weeks of sleeplessness prior to delivery...the true legends are the guys that ordered their Roadsters in 2006 (and before if applicable)...they endured several years of this...:scared::crying:

is the term I am giving the condition of my not being able to sleep because I'm so freaking excited to get this car!

I've had two bad bouts of Teslinsomnia. About two months ago after test driving the 85kWh non-perf. I already had a deposit/reservation for a couple of months and did the Get Amped, but something about the private test drive kept me up for a few nights with dreams of the Model S! Mind you, I was that jazzed about the dynamics of the 85kWh car and I've ordered a Performance!

Now this week, Teslinsomnia is back with a vengeance. been up since 3:30am now because I woke up and started thinking about my P85 I just signed the MVPA for earlier yesterday.

this is getting ridiculous. I still have probably 4 months before I get my car. How bad is my Teslinsomnia going to be around March? :cursing:

Luckily mine isn't chronic. But it has affected me twice.

First was the two days before Christmas last year when I was told the NYC store would get a skateboard in the following day. I visited, and dragged my fiancee (now wife) there, for her first Tesla experience. Sadly they didn't get the delivery until the 26th. And I went back to Atlanta on Christmas day.

The second time was the night before I flew to Ft. Lauderdale to test drive. I was feverously building (pretty much the same exact car over and over) my car on Tesla's website. And then looking at my monthly finances.

I have a horrible feeling that I will be affected as soon as I know a delivery date. I just hope it is one day, not every day after they give me a delivery date.

EDIT: But two weeks ago I did have a Tesla dream where they called me up on the phone and said they had my Model S on a truck did I want it now? I said yes and they gave me 2 months to get the payment to them. For some reason that email yesterday about December delivery didn't say anything about delayed payment. :confused: :biggrin:

I am having the same issue, pure excitement. This for me is life changing, I am moving to accommodate the charging and will be selling my current brand new Volvo and buying a pos Honda until Model S productions. I will be very proud to be apart of this world changing revolution!

It's funny that after driving electric for a while / or will be driving electric shortly, you tend to notice that most ICE vehicle manufacturers make a pos model..:biggrin::biggrin:....it's kinda like a lifting of the fog..:biggrin:

I am having the same issue, pure excitement. This for me is life changing, I am moving to accommodate the charging and will be selling my current brand new Volvo and buying a pos Honda until Model S productions. I will be very proud to be apart of this world changing revolution!

it didn't help that we pressed the finalize button right as we were going to bed! Gulp, turn lights out, stare at back of eyelids with a mix of emotions from pure excitement for this historic and amazing car, a little fear about friends reactions to buying not only a new car but a really high end one, all the way to guilt that I should be putting this money in my kids college fund. Today I'm mostly amazed and can't wait to go on a long trip just for the fun of driving, something I have not done in a LOOOONG time!

The Teslinsomnia cure:

A good Texas High School football game and a few Dazed and Confused Matthew McConaghey (sp) quotes as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354935271.086052.jpg
ymageget.jpg

It's funny that after driving electric for a while / or will be driving electric shortly, you tend to notice that most ICE vehicle manufacturers make a pos model..:biggrin::biggrin:....it's kinda like a lifting of the fog..:biggrin:

Not sure what ICE means but what I meant bu POS Honda is a Honda under 3K, so I can save up cash while I am waiting for my S.

I didn't mean that Honda as a company or their cars are POS....