Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Factory Tours - Signup & Confirmed Lists

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so glad this is happening for those who have not had the tour. It is awesome. I've had it twice, once for my own delivery and once when I brought friends down in my S for delivery of theirs, and it was amazing how the factory had progressed in four months. I look forward to another tour in the future but will happily wait to do it until after TESLIVE. I really look forward to meeting all of you!

Red S.jpg

Picked up mine yesterday, and got the tour. Really a must--glad that the out-of-towners and those that might have missed the tour will get a chance. BTW, note that they might not have any/all of the stamping presses running depending on what their daily/weekly needs are. They seem to stack up lots of stampings in carts to be moved to assembly. The robotic welding line (with some hand done work) was pretty neat.

@bonnie1194, Please add me to any list, or time slot. I had the privilege of a private tour last August. I'd love to do it again, but will politely give up my seat for someone who hasn't had the opportunity. (ouch, that really, really hurt.)

Please add me to the list for a tour anytime available.

I'd also like to be added to the list with my guest as well. 2 spots please.

All added. (See the first post for confirmed spots.)

One spot left!

Ouch, like Bill, I had no idea this was a separate signup, and the factory tour was a main draw for me to attend TESLIVE. Please add me to the wait list for Friday and to whatever Sunday list is available (without guest for Friday, with guest for Sunday). (I did the factory tour before it was complete at the initial Oct 2011 event.) Thanks.

Stephen Pace
Sig 219

I've had a number of people pm me saying they only signed up for TESLIVE because of the factory tour. Factory tours were never part of the TESLIVE offering, only an add-on AFTER the fact. (Note that tour times are before and after the TESLIVE published agenda. And that published agenda does not list factory tours.)

I understand there will be people disappointed if they cannot go - Tesla Marketing was kind enough to arrange four tours for 80 people total. I am extremely grateful for the work they did to make this happen.

For those who believe this was something they automatically got registering for TESLIVE, here is the order of events:

• 4/26: TESLIVE Registration opened
  • 4/29: People started to ask about possibility of factory tours Factory events on the agenda
  • 5/4: I reached out to Tesla, posted that I had reached out, made clear that nothing scheduled only checking
  • 5/9: Posted I still did not have confirmation from Tesla, but stated the priorities and process I’d be using for assigning slots if we actually got some tour slots
  • 5/10: Confirmed that there would be factory tours, did not know days, times, or number of slots
  • 5/10 afternoon: Gave link to wiki signup sheet, reminding people that list would be reordered by priorities TESLIVE Factory Tours - Signup Confirmed Lists
  • 5/12: Added 30 more slots, per okay from Tesla
  • 5/12 evening: Prioritized list by pre-determined criteria, opened it up to first-come, first serve

If you registered believing this was part of it, then that was an assumption based perhaps on other TMC members hoping this could be arranged. There is nothing from Teslive promising factory tours. There was almost a week of online discussion about if this could happen (5/4 - 5/10) before I confirmed we could get some people in the factory for a tour. I made the signup thread a sticky, so it would stay at the top of the TESLIVE subforum.

Bonnie please wait list Eileen and myself for any slot. Comming in from Honolulu. MS owner. No prior tours for either of us. Thanks

Dale

Added you to both waitlists.

- - - Updated - - -

I've asked this a few times - the second post with the existing waitlists is a wiki. This means that each of you can edit this and it is not necessary to wait for me to do so on your behalf. (The only exception is if you are a new member and don't have enough posts to have gained permission.) I have a day job (really!) and would hate to see someone get pushed down the list because they didn't add their name.

@Bonnie - I don't want to take anything away from what you said, but in the interests of "making people happier than they are due" (hm, maybe I should suggest that to Elon for a customer service mantra...) perhaps it's worth collecting names (in another thread or via PMs) of folks that would be interested in giving up their TESLIVE spot (to a waitlister) if they missed out on a factory tour and it is high on their "reason for going".

@Bonnie - I don't want to take anything away from what you said, but in the interests of "making people happier than they are due" (hm, maybe I should suggest that to Elon for a customer service mantra...) perhaps it's worth collecting names (in another thread or via PMs) of folks that would be interested in giving up their TESLIVE spot (to a waitlister) if they missed out on a factory tour and it is high on their "reason for going".

That's a nice idea. If people want to post here that they'd be willing to do that, then that would be great. I don't want to get in the way of that train, however. :)

I've had a number of people pm me saying they only signed up for TESLIVE because of the factory tour. Factory tours were never part of the TESLIVE offering, only an add-on AFTER the fact. (Note that tour times are before and after the TESLIVE published agenda. And that published agenda does not list factory tours.)
Bonnie, I'm sure you aren't aware, but I specifically inquired when making my reservation if a factory tour was included in the agenda and this is the response I received...
"Hello John,

Yes, the factory tour is scheduled for Saturday and a shuttle will be provided to the factory. For you convenience, I’ve included this link with the agenda.

TESLIVE 2013 - Agenda

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Tosh"

Fortunately, I subsequently spotted the signup thread and got on the list. Just an fyi.
I know this is all happening real time and everyone is graciously volunteering and I REALLY appreciate what everyone is doing to make this happen!

Bonnie, I'm sure you aren't aware, but I specifically inquired when making my reservation if a factory tour was included in the agenda and this is the response I received...
"Hello John,

Yes, the factory tour is scheduled for Saturday and a shuttle will be provided to the factory. For you convenience, I’ve included this link with the agenda.

TESLIVE 2013 - Agenda

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Tosh"

Fortunately, I subsequently spotted the signup thread and got on the list. Just an fyi.
I know this is all happening real time and everyone is graciously volunteering and I REALLY appreciate what everyone is doing to make this happen!

Whoa! The response should have been that part of the event would be at the factory & not specifically said a tour. Thanks for the heads up. I will notify the right people.

Please put me on the wait list for a factory tour. Would prefer Friday but any time is OK. I'm coming from out of town, no previous tour, hope to buy a Gen III...does owning a few shares of TSLA count? Hope so! Thanks!