TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TESLIVE News

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by bonnie, Apr 30, 2013.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

#1 bonnie, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk to speak at TESLIVE users conference - San Jose Mercury News

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

3. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Can't wait to go. If it is not already sold out I'm sure it will sell out fast now.

4. Zextraterrestrial

So this was all your idea? :smile:
    my B-day is the 11th ... since TESLIVE was pushed back 2 weeks it is a present for me - yay

5. ModelS8794

ModelS8794 Member

Fantastic. I was already bitter that my wife's birthday will preclude my attendance. Now I am downright depressed...

Have a ball, everyone!

6. bonnie

There is a whole committee of (mostly) TMC folks who are all contributing in different ways. Some prefer to stay behind the curtain, others will come out. I kind of got pushed out to be available to directly answer questions.

We didn't want to announce Elon until we had final confirmation. :) But yeah, AWESOME.

7. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

That's great. I'm looking forward to it.

8. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

This is great and will be the start of something I hope to be part of several years to come. Also, glad I signed up before this was announced. If you don't sell out soon I'd be surprised.

9. Zextraterrestrial

We would have loved to make stuff for the 'show' and have a table, maybe next year. I volunteered for construction inspection again and have a lot going on between now and then

..any new key fobs out there yet? :cool:

10. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Congratulations Bonnie and everyone else involved!

11. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

Amazing work by Bonnie and everyone at TMC who is involved in putting this together. That weekend is visiting day at my kids' sleepaway camp so I won't be able to go, though I really would have loved to attend. Can't wait to hear the reports, and hope that all presentations are recorded and put on YouTube. If there are sensitive topics, maybe it can be made private so just TMC members can view.

12. bonnie

Let me be clear that I am but one of a small focused group. But I'm happy to take accolades on their behalf :). And as we get closer to the event, I'm sure we'll also be looking for some volunteer help in a number of areas.

13. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Indeed thumbs.jpg

14. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

@Dana Hull: What possible purpose does it serve to put Bonnie's age after her quote?

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I'm guessing that the journalist is trying to break some stereotypes by pointing out that a middle-aged woman drives a Roadster; or like the rest of us who have met Bonnie just thought that she was 20 years younger.

16. bonnie

Oh you charmer, you.

Seriously, I've never been age-sensitive. (Nor do I get the whole 'I'm only 29' thing.) Dana asked, I told her. I've seen plenty of articles that have the age of the person near their name. I'm 59. I like being 59 (just as I've liked every age). It's all good.

17. PureAmps

PureAmps Model S P85 (#2817)

I've been privately speculating who was behind TESLIVE. I'm glad I got at least one right. ;) Only N more to go...

Thanks for your efforts, Bonnie.

18. dbullard

dbullard Member

Just got my reservation confirmation :smile:

Wish the superchargers were set up so I could drive from Portland, OR, but it will be faster flying...

Elon's one of the very few people I idolize - how many zillionaires plow their own money into new ventures instead of stashing it in the Cayman Islands or such? Musk and Branson are rare birds nowadays.

Thanks to all for setting this up!

19. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

#19 SCW-Greg, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    So so bummed. I have confirmed today I will not be able to go, due to prior family related event. Bonnie and crew, thank you! I'll sign up and volunteer for next year.

Somebody record this thing!

@Doug, they *may* have some of the chargers in place - heard June is a goal. Keep you eyes and ears open.
    Would have been fun to ride or drive along with you. Btw, Warren is hitting me up for a ride when mine arrives, mentioned you haven't offered yet! ;)

Edit: Just realized I confused Dennis with Doug (Bradford with Bullard), both Model S owners in my backyard. Sorry about that Doug!

20. Psullivan

Psullivan Member

Bonnie, I haven't met you yet but look forward to it. Thanks for all your lively posts and you and the groups hard work. I can't wait for the event. Patrick