Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk to speak at TESLIVE users conference - San Jose Mercury News

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk will be the featured keynote speaker at TESLIVE, a first-ever users conference being planned for Tesla owners and enthusiasts. Other speakers are expected to include Tesla executives and key industry experts.
The July conference is being organized by grassroots volunteers with the independent Tesla Motors Club, which has roughly 6,000 active users. TMC's popular online forums have become an organizing force for Tesla's fervent user base, as well as a key source of information for analysts and journalists who follow the Palo Alto-based maker of electric vehicles.

"A forum member said we should do a Macworld, but for Tesla," said Bonnie Norman, 59, who owns a Tesla Roadster and is second in the reservation line to buy the forthcoming Model X. "It just kind of grew from there."
Teslive is being billed as a partnership between TMC and Tesla Motors. The two-day conference is designed to help Tesla owners and enthusiasts meet each other and employees of the company improve their knowledge of the car and find out about future products and services.

The event kicks off July 12 at the Crowne Plaza San Jose-Silicon Valley in Milpitas with exhibits and a networking reception. Saturday includes several breakout sessions and a Tesla Motors-sponsored party that evening at the Fremont factory. On Sunday, organizers envision a convoy of drivers taking to the Woodside hills in Roadsters and Model S sedans.

The event, which has a $200 fee for those who register before May 15, is limited to 300 attendees. But organizers hope it can become an annual conference that grows in size in the future. It is open to "anyone interested in Tesla Motors and their cars."

"The event speaks to the fact that Tesla has been successful at exciting a fan base of customers who will be evangelists for the product," said Andrea James, an analyst with Dougherty & Co. "The company is thinking longer term. You don't have to be a current Tesla car owner to attend. You're still welcome to be a part of the community."

Last edited:
There is a whole committee of (mostly) TMC folks who are all contributing in different ways. Some prefer to stay behind the curtain, others will come out. I kind of got pushed out to be available to directly answer questions.

We didn't want to announce Elon until we had final confirmation. :) But yeah, AWESOME.

This is great and will be the start of something I hope to be part of several years to come. Also, glad I signed up before this was announced. If you don't sell out soon I'd be surprised.

Congratulations Bonnie and everyone else involved!

Amazing work by Bonnie and everyone at TMC who is involved in putting this together. That weekend is visiting day at my kids' sleepaway camp so I won't be able to go, though I really would have loved to attend. Can't wait to hear the reports, and hope that all presentations are recorded and put on YouTube. If there are sensitive topics, maybe it can be made private so just TMC members can view.

Amazing work by Bonnie and everyone at TMC who is involved in putting this together.

Indeed
thumbs.jpg

Oh you charmer, you.

Seriously, I've never been age-sensitive. (Nor do I get the whole 'I'm only 29' thing.) Dana asked, I told her. I've seen plenty of articles that have the age of the person near their name. I'm 59. I like being 59 (just as I've liked every age). It's all good.

There is a whole committee of (mostly) TMC folks who are all contributing in different ways. Some prefer to stay behind the curtain, others will come out. I kind of got pushed out to be available to directly answer questions.

I've been privately speculating who was behind TESLIVE. I'm glad I got at least one right. ;) Only N more to go...

Thanks for your efforts, Bonnie.

Just got my reservation confirmation :smile:

Wish the superchargers were set up so I could drive from Portland, OR, but it will be faster flying...

Elon's one of the very few people I idolize - how many zillionaires plow their own money into new ventures instead of stashing it in the Cayman Islands or such? Musk and Branson are rare birds nowadays.

Thanks to all for setting this up!

So so bummed. I have confirmed today I will not be able to go, due to prior family related event. Bonnie and crew, thank you! I'll sign up and volunteer for next year.

Somebody record this thing!

@Doug, they *may* have some of the chargers in place - heard June is a goal. Keep you eyes and ears open.
Would have been fun to ride or drive along with you. Btw, Warren is hitting me up for a ride when mine arrives, mentioned you haven't offered yet! ;)

Edit: Just realized I confused Dennis with Doug (Bradford with Bullard), both Model S owners in my backyard. Sorry about that Doug!

Last edited: