TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TESLIVE Promotion: You mod A&Es Model S (people's choice design)

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by A-E, Jun 1, 2013.

1. A-E

A-E Vendor

#1 A-E, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    For those of you that do not already know me, my name is Elie Rothstein and I have been customizing Tesla cars since 2008 at my Al & Ed's Autosound store located in West Hollywood, CA. I am proud to say that we have customized over 100 Tesla cars over the years and now with the popularity of the Model S that number is growing rapidly.

A week ago I decided join the Tesla family and took delivery of my Model S. Since then I have been planning, designing and trying to come up with how I would like my car to be customized. I have narrowed it down to a few design choices and decided that YOU the Tesla community should decide how my car will be transformed!

Welcome to The Peoples Choice Tesla Transformation: Here is how it is going to work.

I will share with you step by step images and progress of the transformation for you to choose from 3 design options that I have been considering. Please share with me your thoughts and choices by one of the following:

1. Post your comments on the tread
    2. Email me at [email protected]
    3. Send me a PM
    4. Call me at 310.920.5454

Here is what we are starting with...
    * Black 85 kWh
    * Panoramic Roof
    * 19" Wheels
    * Textile Interior
    * Tech package
    * Active Air Suspension
    * Twin Chargers

Everything MUST be customized! Stock is NOT good enough! Individuality Rules!

The car will be unveiled at Teslive!

2. Thumper

Thumper Member

Great concept. Thanks for giving us this opportunity. If I have any inspirations, I will post.

3. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Gotta do flames down the side. Always wanted to that with my black Prius but never had the cojones.

4. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

Dual side exhaust... :)

5. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Not flames, electricity or lightening, in the paint that appears to come and go as you move around the car. Like the paint was electrified.

6. A-E

A-E Vendor

7. Shakespear

Shakespear Member

GREAT POST....Move this thread to a more appropriate area, it would be of interest to more owners.

8. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I'm thinking zerba print in mauve. Just because. :wink:

Looking forward to the first choices.

9. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

I’ve always wondered how the interior would look if the back of the front seats were covered with something else than those black plastic covers. You ordered the car with textile interior. Do you plan to have textile seats in the finished car or are you going with some other material?

10. brianstorms

brianstorms Member

And now what I'm sure will be an unpopular opinion but nevertheless.

I wish my browser's AdBlocker plugin correctly detected the commercial, promotional, advertising nature of this thread as what it really is, an ad, and blocked it for me. It strikes me as a clever marketing effort designed to once again promote A&E's services to the TMC community.

This thread also reminds me how much I wish the forum software that runs TMC had an "ignore this thread" feature.

End of rant. As you were.

11. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

And I thought I was left-wing… :cool:

I don’t think the commercial aspect of this thread is lost on anyone. But surely there must be a place on TMC for this thread and others like it. Threads like these always make for premium TMC-dwelling. IMHO that is…

12. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

I don't agree with moving this thread to the Tesla For Sale forum until the guy tries to sell his modded Tesla. A lot of the readers of this forum would want to see every step of this transformation. You didn't kick Dr. Bad Taste's modded Model S to the 'for sale' forum, and his posts were plastered with ads for the shop that did the work.

13. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

This is a company that mods cars posting this, not a person who took their car to Al and Eds to get work done so a slight difference but I see your point.

14. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

I just want to see the progress of this project, but myself and others who don't routinely check the 'for sale' forum will miss updates if it's hidden down there. Maybe you need another forum for mods.

15. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

What do you mean by we need another forum for mods? This section of the forum isn't hidden. I'm sorry if you have trouble finding it but you just have to scroll down the page a little.

16. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

That's my point. I don't check the 'for sale' forums because i don't need to buy a Telsa... I have one already. I do check the major discussion forums because they are relevant to my interests. This post could conceivably live in a currently non-existent 'mods' forum (reasonable place for people to show off their mods), but without that addition, leave it in the interior/exterior forum.

edit... re-read your posts.. what I mean by 'mods' is 'modifications' not 'moderators' :)

17. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

> touch

so that I can quickly pull this up in my "Participated" thread list in Tapatalk wherever the thread might end up :)

I quite like the concept of a crowd-sourced transformation. We may be giving Elie too much of a hard time.

My suggestions:

- pick a beautiful lighter shade of Blue (Mercedes-like) or Green (Aston Martin-like) for the exterior color.

- a dense (fake) mesh nose cone.

18. A-E

A-E Vendor

I always thought that would be funny too...

- - - Updated - - -

The moderator just moved it here today. Do you think this is where it should be?

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to do a full leather interior. I will share my choice of colors shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But since you decided to read it I guess now you will ignore it. I just want to share my transformation with everyone and let them decide how it should be done. Just trying to make this fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I agree. Hopefully the Moderator will move it back.

19. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'm not the mod who moved this, but no matter. Understand we have a great number of commercial interests who want to get their name out here on TMC. We also have a great number of TMC members who hate advertising of any kind, even when it's something others find really cool. So we try to keep it in one area of the forum and members can see it if they want .. or not.

A-Es has had a long relationship with some veteran TMC members and a thread that probably would have been moved to advertising remains in the Model S forum as a result. This thread is another way to get people more aware of A-E's work in a fun, participatory way. And it is still advertising.

Elie, I personally am a big fan and sent you an email awhile back regarding some work I'd like done to my Model X (#2!!) when it eventually arrives. Putting your thread here is not anyone saying they don't like your work. We do! But moderators do their best to make this a level playing field, so this move seemed like the right call to me. Otherwise every film wrap store would start a 'wrap my car' thread until we were buried in those threads. People can subscribe to the thread if they don't want to miss anythng.

20. A-E

A-E Vendor

I respect your opinion.