Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Promotion: You mod A&Es Model S (people's choice design)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really have two options, and in either case, you have to go big, or go home.

A) Pimp it out.
B) Take class to a whole new level.

I say go for the latter.

Agree with you... Italian leather throughout.
Make this something that James Bond would drive, and yet the Queen could be chauffeured in.
Something to embarrass Ferrari owners, and yet show up to sophisticated Black Tie event, and make every head turn.

In the LA area, there's plenty Model S around now... you've got to own them all with this. The trick, can you do it without going over the top?

I'll keep my out for the transformation. :)

> touch

so that I can quickly pull this up in my "Participated" thread list in Tapatalk wherever the thread might end up :)

I quite like the concept of a crowd-sourced transformation. We may be giving Elie too much of a hard time.

My suggestions:

- pick a beautiful lighter shade of Blue (Mercedes-like) or Green (Aston Martin-like) for the exterior color.

- a dense (fake) mesh nose cone.

A color? Why just one? If I were somebody who wanted extreme mods I'd want more than a nice color. A subtle color change with paint that gives more color change in different light. Markings thatexpand and compress to the eye of someone that watches you pass silently by. Nothing garish, it just needs to stand out.

The sorts of mods I would like to see are cameras to replace the side mirrors with small screens built ino the bottom of the A pillar interior trim and a system to pull down and lock the frunk lid like some cars do with their doors. For safety you can put one of those proximity triggers under the bumper.
I think the colour pallet on the Model S is pretty restricted and would love to see a yellow- orange Model S.

My dream Model S would be a super clean look. I would love to see a very unique color for the exterior. Maybe a dark mauve or deep red/crimson. Next would be a two tone leather interior with brown and tan ditching the black floor carpeting and using a brown carpet.

Next up would be the exterior. Keep it simple and design a lowering kit that you could produce and sell to the public. Finally set it off with a set of staggered flush wheels with a deep face and plenty of lip. Brushed aluminum face and polished lip. Close it out by making a set of spoilers. One roof spoiler above the rear glass and one for the hatch similar the stock TM spoiler. Keep both spoilers low profile as to not ruin the original flow and lines.

I love the VIP look and I think the Model S would be gorgeous in that getup.

BTW - I would buy every single component from you as described above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

You’ve bought an 85 with textile interior, so it should have piano black décor on the dashboard, and it also looks like it in your pictures. And also since you’ve bought an 85 maybe you’re not going for something M5 or Audi S6/S7 inspired. But if you do, and of course depending on what colour scheme you’re going with on the exterior and interior, I’ve always wondered what the Model S would look like with a darker matte gunmetal-like décor on the dashboard.

It also looks like you’ve removed the headliner. So perhaps also depending on the colour scheme you could use a darker headliner.

And those seem to be the standard pedals. I’m guessing you’re going to change that; drilled metal?

Two-tone leather interior using Connolly Leather with contrasting stitching.

Connolly went bankrupt years ago however we currently deal with the new company that bought the tannery in Europe. They currently produce leather for Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar and Lamborghini. Stay tuned for interior design options.

- - - Updated - - -

People's Choice Question #1
--------------------------------------
Exterior:
NO CHROME!

1. Wrap all the chrome in 3M matte black film?
2. Wrap all the chrome in 3M satin black film?
3. Wrap all the chrome in 3M gloss black film?

People's Choice. You Decide.

1. Reply (with quote) your comments on the tread
2. Email me at [email protected]
3. Send me a PM
4. Call me at 310.920.5454

Last edited:
Realize that your car is black, but whatever your ultimate color becomes, how about this in a subtle but different color?

tesla_sPaint-1aEM.jpg

RNG

For the interior

Saddle leather with a baseball stitch.
Natural lacewood.
Definitely pockets And upholstery on the back of the seats.
Not black carpet.
USB under the infotainment, and USB for the rear seats too with enough power for iPad.
Simple way to hang iPads off back of seats
Fold down rear seat console w storage for iPads.
Better cup holders, but keep some of that open space.
Heated steering wheel
Good trunk and front trunk lighting
A hook that folds flush when not in use for dry cleaning/dinner jacket
A better visor mirror with light
Better air for the 3 rd row
Upholster that crossbar on the ceiling

Outside
A dark green ala 70's jag, but w more depth.
Tint that glass.
Wrap all the chrome to match the stock 21" charcoal wheels

Btw except for the paint (definitely keeping the sig red)what would the above cost?

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well add some matching custom luggage for the front trunk.

Connolly went bankrupt years ago however we currently deal with the new company that bought the tannery in Europe. They currently produce leather for Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar and Lamborghini. Stay tuned for interior design options.

- - - Updated - - -

Exterior:
NO CHROME!

3. Send me a PM

2. Wrap all the chrome in 3M satin black film

- - - Updated - - -

Exterior:
NO CHROME!

3. Send me a PM
Depends on other parts, but I'm go with #2 satin or choice #4: brushed black metallic.