Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Promotion: You mod A&Es Model S (people's choice design)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won’t be able to buy the car from you, so this suggestion might not be worth much in $$$...

But here’s one Audi S6 interior. It’s black, but that’s what I like. It’s sporty, classic and easy to keep clean. And it’s got squares… Personally I can’t really make up my mind on the squares, so I guess I’ll just be neutral on that part.

audi_s6_side.jpg

audi_s6_front.jpg

I do however, like previously stated up-thread, prefer a darker matte gunmetal trim/décor as opposed to the one Audi is using here. And if it get’s too much metal in the interior, then perhaps somehow mix it up with a matte carbon fibre like the one Tesla is using (or perhaps some relatively matte black or dark grey wood). I also think it’s enough to use thread the same color as the leather as opposed to the contrasting thread Audi is seen using here.

And here’s a version of a Merc. C63 AMG interior with ribs (?) in the seats… Personally I prefer full leather instead of part Alcantara as Merc. is using here.

c63_side.jpg

Last edited:
You really have two options, and in either case, you have to go big, or go home.

A) Pimp it out.
B) Take class to a whole new level.

I say go for the latter.

Agree with you... Italian leather throughout.
Make this something that James Bond would drive, and yet the Queen could be chauffeured in.
Something to embarrass Ferrari owners, and yet show up to sophisticated Black Tie event, and make every head turn.

In the LA area, there's plenty Model S around now... you've got to own them all with this. The trick, can you do it without going over the top?

I'll keep my out for the transformation. :)

I really like option B. Study Bentley and Aston Martin interiors for inspiration. A few discrete James Bond mods ("flip out" hidden controls) would spice it up.

I also like the powered Frunk lid idea.

GSP

PS. I think this is an awesome project, and I am very glad Elie is involving the TMC community!

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on other parts, but I'm go with #2 satin or choice #4: brushed black metallic.

This gets my vote also.

GSP

And here’s a version of a Merc. C63 AMG interior with ribs (?) in the seats… Personally I prefer full leather instead of part Alcantara as Merc. is using here.

Disclaimer: I’ve never actually been in a car where the headliner is leather, so I don’t really now what that would look like. Alcantara seems to be a common material for headliners in premium and luxury cars, but as I understand it Alcantara is basically a fabric made out of plastics. Therefore I think I’d personally prefer a fabric made of as much natural fibres as possible. To his credit Fisker seemed to use some nice fabrics in the interior of the Karma. I’ve never been in one, but the fabrics he used looked good in pictures and on video. But then again, I don’t really know what the fabrics he used were made of.

The People have voted!

A decision has been made!

The People's Choice Tesla Model S will have a complete Ferrari Creme leather interior that will be applied to all areas (including the headliner) except the dash which will be upholstered in Ferrari black leather. Hand rolled black leather seat piping. Door inserts and seat bolster areas will have our newest quilted design; A-E Squares.

photo2_zpsb9c44b57.jpg

photo3_zpsaf81eb29.jpg

photo1_zps2e8dd616.jpg

Thank you for all the thread comments, PM's, emails and phone calls. Stay tuned for more images and the the upcoming next design decision.

Moderators, tell us why a guy who owns a Tesla and is modifying it can post stuff in the interior/exterior section of Model S where it belongs but when he owns a customizing shop, his thread gets deleted or relegated to an inappropriate 'for sale' section of the forum?
Thanx Bonnie for your reply, but this was never specifically answered. The only answer I can come up with subjective jealous discrimination. :cursing:

Thanx Bonnie for your reply, but this was never specifically answered. The only answer I can come up with subjective jealous discrimination. :cursing:

Good question :). The mods did discuss how much (what some consider) over-the-top advertising was in your thread, Ian ... but because of your long-standing history as a contributing TMC member, we decided that trumped the level of advertising going on. If you would prefer it be moved, we can do that. (No subjective jealous discrimination as you say, but rather perhaps giving you a pass.)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm unaware of someone's thread beng deleted. Can you point me to that?

I couldn't care less about which subforum this particular thread is located in.I never read the path to some thread, I read the thread.
This logic would dictate that there really is no reason to have the threads organized as they currently are. I would disagree and reason that for some, they may not organize their viewing by thread subtopic, but for many others they do. In essence, either we have threads organized by topic and the threads get divided OR no organization but for chronological (or 'dynamic tagging' as you suggested). But IF there is a topic-specific organization, it is folly to say that it doesn't matter where the thread is moved by moderators. If that was the case, then why did the moderator move it in the first place? :confused:

I go back to my original point. The vocal minority of people, are voicing their displeasure to moderators who are REACTING to their complaints with action rather than giving us concrete guidelines of which to follow. If we had the latter maybe it would say, "if you own a customization shop, even if you are customizing your very own car, we won't allow you to post in the Model S interior/exterior section" and then A-E would know why he was relegated to the 'For Sale' section!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm unaware of someone's thread beng deleted. Can you point me to that?
or relegated to an inappropriate 'for sale' section of the forum?

Ian, you also said we deleted threads. That simply did not happen.

I don't know why you're making such a tempest over what area of the forum that this thread resides. If moderators were reacting to a vocal minority, your thread would have been moved. We didn't do that. Personally, I was ambivalent before. But after all this drama, I am no longer ambivalent.

We can move your thread to the for sale section Ian to be fair. Al and Ed's post their website, phone number and are soliciting business with their posts. We have moved posts from auto detailers, paint armor installers.....etc because of their advertising nature. If another 50 or so installers and fans of theirs started posting in the Model S section with links to their business, phone numbers..etc you'd be ok with that? How about people bumping their thread dedicated to the work of one installer every day or two in order to keep it at the top of the page?
They do excellent work I'm sure. Moving the thread had nothing to do with their work, reputation or the people who run it more to be fair to newer, less established installers or advertisers of services that everything goes in a same place. We are working on a better section for these kinds of services I believe but until then this is where they are.

Last edited:
I think this is one of the most exciting threads we have on the forum. I'm following it, regardless of where it is located. I'm grateful for the moderator's vigilant efforts to keep the forum free of incessant advertising that can occur in many other forums; it's a tough job, as the lines can be quite blurry at times. I am equally grateful for Elie's efforts to stoke the flames of innovation and curiosity, grateful that he is a fellow owner, pushing the boundaries to inspire our creativity (I'm dying to see the final product!), and finally, I am grateful for Ian having the courage to be the first to ford the waters, brave the criticisms and savor the accolades. In a parking lot of Teslas, his is the first one I'd want to check out, if only to say I saw "A Tesla the Hun"! I'm only hoping we can all find a happy medium and let the People's Choice project go forward!!

I throw myself at the mercy of the moderators.

I don't know why you're making such a tempest over what area of the forum that this thread resides. If moderators were reacting to a vocal minority, your thread would have been moved. We didn't do that. Personally, I was ambivalent before. But after all this drama, I am no longer ambivalent.
I believe where a thread resides IS important to the traffic it generates. If it's 'no big deal' then why not move it back to where it was initiated to the Model S interior/exterior section? :confused: The tempest is a 2-way street.

I asked a question, "Moderators, tell us why a guy who owns a Tesla and is modifying it can post stuff in the interior/exterior section of Model S where it belongs but when he owns a customizing shop, his thread gets deleted or relegated to an inappropriate 'for sale' section of the forum?" and in return there was not an answer to that, but a discussion of "my thread". Now, by your own admission, 'the drama' is what is driving you to consider where to move a thread. That is exactly what I've requested be clarified from the start. Is this a subjective process or an objective one. I got my answer and I appreciate your candor.

As for "my thread" I throw myself at the mercy of the moderators. If you feel that a thread which has over 90,00 page views, is the #1 thread in its sub-topic for 2013, is the #4 thread in its sub-topic for all-time (ahead of two other 'sticky' threads to boot) now belongs in the "For Sale" section, then I defer to you. If you feel that it is either more appropriate there OR that it can help lead world-wide viewership to the "Tesla For Sale" section, then I'm obliged to help.

As for this thread of A-E, a Silver sponsor at Teslive, who is showing his own car and what he's doing to his own car in an incredibly innovative way, I'll continue to follow it because I know that A-E is cutting edge, has integrity, and is promoting the Tesla brand, first and foremost! :love:

- - - Updated - - -

If another 50 or so installers and fans of theirs started posting in the Model S section with links to their business, phone numbers..etc you'd be ok with that?
If it was their own Model S that they were pimping I'd have no problem with it. There's the rub :eek:

In this thread of A-E, but for the very 1st paragraph in his very first post where he introduces himself (to the throngs of the TMC newbies) I do NOT see him soliciting business (though he does mention his business).
I believe that people have a jaundiced eye because they already know what he does. IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is one of the most exciting threads we have on the forum...
I'm grateful for the moderator's vigilant efforts to keep the forum free of incessant advertising that can occur in many other forums; it's a tough job, as the lines can be quite blurry at times...
I am equally grateful for Elie's efforts to stoke the flames of innovation and curiosity, grateful that he is a fellow owner, pushing the boundaries to inspire our creativity (I'm dying to see the final product!)...
if only to say I saw "A Tesla the Hun"!
  1. I agree!
  2. I doubly agree. I've mentioned before that the moderators have a thankless job, but that's not true because I will once again, PUBLICLY thank them so we need to change "thankless job" to "under-thanked job!" :rolleyes:
  3. I think that in a post he said he'd unveil it at Teslive... you going?
  4. Aw shucks! :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

Why not add a sub forum to market place for threads "advertising" work like this? Perhaps add the requirement that they are TMC supporters.
+1 ... no, +1000!

Moderators: Can you please tell me why the following discussion is okay to appear in "User Interface" while this one was moved to "For Sale"?

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/17673-pete8314-s-Key-Fob-Cover

I understand your reasons for moving this thread (even if I don't agree with them). If you wish to have an active policy for threads like this, you need to have consistent rules of the game. If you don't have the time resources to make and follow such rules, then you should reconsider such an active approach. Right now the policy seems to be "Move the thread if someone complains, then have a long discussion about it within the thread with others who disagree with the decision"