Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Promotion: You mod A&Es Model S (people's choice design)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many forum members understand that the mods are a small crew, that thousands of posts happen each day, and that the mods actually do have day jobs. So when they see something that they think is in the wrong area, they report it to help us out. And that's appreciated.

Your specific example, however, will go the way that (as an example) the CCI offering went. While it was a forum member trying out some new stuff, not currently offering for commercial sale ... it's fine. (Subtle, but hopefully you can see the distinction.) When Soflauthor's CCI became a commercial project, it was moved to a commercial area of the forum. That seems pretty clear to me, but perhaps not to all. If you read the very first post in this thread, it is clear that this is a commercial promotion. (And if there is anyone here who really thinks it is not, I have some land you might be interested in! Or a poker game!) The moderators have praised A&Es work, so it is obviously not personal. The intent is to keep promotional threads in one area.

In any case, this bickering has gotten to be ridiculous and I can only imagine that A&E would rather it not be associated with their business. For that reason, I've asked the moderators for this area to throw this entire thread over to the TESLIVE forum. I hate the fact that a small handful of very vocal people have turned this thread into a microcosm of drama and will do my best to make it stop. Once moved over to TESLIVE, I will relocate appropriate posts to either site feedback and/or moderator feedback & get the drama out of what could be a great thread IF people would quit hijacking it.

Thanks Bonnie.

I do NOT see him soliciting business (though he does mention his business).

They do have the name of the business and the phone number, location of business and a tag line is at the bottom of each post if you didn't notice that. A regular guy who gets his Tesla customized and mentions the installer a few times is one thing. Someone who advertising the company at the bottom of each post is a step further. Someone who actually owns their own customization shop could be seen as advertising but you don't see that I guess. I think the TESLIVE fourm will be a good location.

Something like 'check out my custom Model S' is far different that
'click here -->Watch how Al & Ed's transforms my Model S into: "A Tesla the Hun!" <--click here' in large red font with two click heres

I would agree with the above. A guy who posts up a mod and users ASK to have one made for them is very different than a company creatively advertising their services which this, and most of Ian's thread clearly is.

I will continue to be patient and wait for the owner of this great Forum to respond to my request to create a "customized" section for shops that $upport TMC to blog in. Just like any other automotive Forum. I have offered to sponsor that category. I have been waiting now for almost 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Progress on 3M satin black wrap on chrome areas:

fae5bbced21f11e28d5422000aa8025b_7_zps581bd928.jpg

d14f0f4ad21f11e28fba22000a1fb1a7_7_zps211477b9.jpg

a5e7a046d22011e2990322000a9f192c_7_zpsef58398f.jpg

81e8c29cd22011e29f5b22000a1fbc74_7_zps66d37fb3.jpg

1fa7c9eed21f11e289de22000a9f1406_7_zps953b51f4.jpg

I like the progress of the built. Great work.

If I may....the Mods are a small group and they do a great job of keep the site from running a mock. So if one, two or maybe three posts are in an area they are not supposed to be please rest assured that the Mods will find a home for those posts.

I say grant A-E the sponsorship of a "TM Customization" section if he is willing to sponsor it. He's also adding to the TM Eco-sphere as well. Just my .02 cents.

I like the progress of the built. Great work.

If I may....the Mods are a small group and they do a great job of keep the site from running a mock. So if one, two or maybe three posts are in an area they are not supposed to be please rest assured that the Mods will find a home for those posts.

I say grant A-E the sponsorship of a "TM Customization" section if he is willing to sponsor it. He's also adding to the TM Eco-sphere as well. Just my .02 cents.

Thank you! That really means a lot to me! Hopefully more TMC members will agree and voice their opinion to make this happen!

Aww, you guys. Look, there is a long list of site upgrades happening. Voting/expressing opinion is nice ... but things need to roll out in proper order. On top of that, add the TESLIVE activities going on behind the scenes and there is simply not the bandwidth for all you want. Certainly sending pm's and repeating requests with angry faces (you know who you are) is not making a single bit of difference here.

So I've gotten this out of the 'for sale' area and into TESLIVE. And then immediately had complaints about that. Really? How about we stay on topic here?

I'm currently out-of-state dealing with family issues, but when I have a block of time, will move all these posts about site infrastructure to the proper area. Let's stay on topic. If you have site feedback, please give it over here: Site Feedback Posting it here in this thread means that the folks who work on site infrastructure probably won't see your suggestions/demands. Unless that, of course, is what you want. The level of drama currently here has brought some views.

I apologize to all the members that helped me with my Tesla modifications and were enjoying this thread. Unfortunately what started out as "The People's Choice" was turned into the Moderator's Choice. My thread has been moved TWICE and even renamed! It has lost it's identity and honestly has ruined it for all of us that had the right intentions. I always say " when it stops being fun, I'm out".

My car will be completed by the Tesla event this Thursday. If you are going please stop by and introduce yourself. I'd love to show you my car and hear your opinions on how it turned out.

Elie Rothstein
Tesla Owner

Ok. It was moved to TESLIVE over a week ago. What is setting you off now? As you are showing it off at the event, this is a fine place for it. There are pointers from the previous forums. You have another forum member that advertises your services with a link at the bottom of every post so I don't think you are being treated unfairly. The 'people' still voted on your car and you have not been censored in any way. We rename threads to make them more descriptive. Your thread wasn't the first and I'm sure wont be the last. Again, you are not being singled out. It will all be ok.

Last edited:
Ok. It was moved to TESLIVE over a week ago. What is setting you off now? As you are showing it off at the event, this is a fine place for it. There are pointers from the previous forums. You have another forum member that advertises your services with a link at the bottom of every post so I don't think you are being treated unfairly. The 'people' still voted on your car and you have not been censored in any way. We rename threads when to make them more descriptive. Your thread wasn't the first and I'm sure wont be the last. Again, you are not being singled out. It will all be ok.

""NOT Singled out. It is OK." "you have not been censored in anyway "

THAT IS ALL THAT HAS BEEN DONE TO THIS THREAD. That is #%@(;/-;)$

I won't say anymore...don't want to be snippy or curt... as you said, " more descriptive "

Last edited:
""NOT Singled out. It is OK." "you have not been censored in anyway "

THAT IS ALL THAT HAS BEEN DONE TO THIS THREAD. That is #%@(;/-;)$

I won't say anymore...don't want to be snippy or curt... as you said, " more descriptive "

I can't tell from your post if you are saying there has or has not been censorship. Can you point to the posts or content that has been deleted? You seem to be much more on top of this issue than anyone else so censorship of content being pointed out would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I apologize to all the members that helped me with my Tesla modifications and were enjoying this thread. Unfortunately what started out as "The People's Choice" was turned into the Moderator's Choice. My thread has been moved TWICE and even renamed! It has lost it's identity and honestly has ruined it for all of us that had the right intentions. I always say " when it stops being fun, I'm out".

My car will be completed by the Tesla event this Thursday. If you are going please stop by and introduce yourself. I'd love to show you my car and hear your opinions on how it turned out.

Elie Rothstein
Tesla Owner

It was moved here because you were unhappy with where it was moved before. Nothing at all has been censored. I don't know what you mean by 'Moderators' Choice'.

I will agree that the thread became 'not fun' when some people were intent on being dramatic about where the thread lived & not focused on what a cool car could be created. The constant demands to move the thread interfered with the purpose of the thread and flow of conversation about the car.

I agree with dsm (and bonnie) here except on this:
Can you point to the posts or content that has been deleted?
I'm not sure how anyone can accomplish this task without getting lucky with the waybackmachine or the caches in search engines. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My car will be completed by the Tesla event this Thursday.
That's fast. I thought there were going to be more choices. Did you originally plan so few (3?) or were you intending more choices?

I agree with dsm (and bonnie) here except on this:

I'm not sure how anyone can accomplish this task without getting lucky with the waybackmachine or the caches in search engines. ;)

Good point but I believe it would say 'edited by' this mod or 'deleted by' that mod or some other mod if we touched it even if the content was changed or gone. The post being moved=censorship apparently even with pointers from the old location to here.

I think they do great work so find if kind of disappointing all the unnecessary drama being created to generate traffic to this thread.