Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Speakers and Topics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stuff other than the tech itself -- e.g. how supercharging locations are picked, the negotiation process and challenges. Government lobbying activities. Challenges with stores and sales (e.g. differences in state laws). International activities.

What they've learned so far from the millions of miles we've driven thousands of Model S' ...

Gen III is definitely the most exciting news that I can think of. But to see a Model S fitted with Google self driving technology would certainly drop many jaws, including mine. It should be much easier to fit in a Model S than in the Prius they are currently using... It makes so much more sense!
As Sebastian Thrun announces here (Sebastian Thrun: Googles driverless car | Video on TED.com) they have driven more than 140.000 miles! And this was back in 2011. The technology is ready, time to embrace it! (Not to forget that Elon is a very good friend of Larry Page : )

It would be nice to hear/see a lot more from the following:

JB STRAUBEL
FRANZ VON HOLZHAUSEN
GILBERT PASSIN

(I would not mind it if George sat this one out - we get it already! :wink:)

+1
Passin did really well on NetGeo's Megafactories. Would be nice to hear a bit more from him.

Last edited:
In addition to Gen III, I'd like to hear about the replacement for the Roadster. I traded my Roadster in for the Model S. I'd like to know when I can get a Roadster but with less wind noise and a motorized retractable hard-top convertible. (a la Mercedes SL class)

I agree that remote participation is a great idea. We need to hammer home the cutting edge that Tesla represents in a low cost way. This will push that message.

Larry Page should announce the testing of a computer driven Model S.

Battery scientist/engineers from across the globe should come together to talk shop. Water cooler talk may help to spur better cells which will help Gen III.

Road and Track, Motortrend, and Automobile Magazines should all be invited to a round table discussion with Straubel.

I can get up and recite NEC article 625, electrical code requirements for electric vehicle charging apparatus.

On second thought, that might make me into Ben Stein. Scratch that.

Perhaps Kabuki-style or in dramatic effect style?

Last edited:
I think we need to do more than hear from Tesla. I would like them to do a roundtable on the future of transportation and invite some people with a competing vision to be on the panel. Nissan, GM, hydrogen advocates, or CNG advocates. Put Straubel on the panel and get some discussion going. Take some Q&A. Who should the moderator be?

Some ideas:
It's the batteries, stupid!- realistic expectations of the near term battery performance
Owner Funded Super Charger Network - can owners pay the way to faster SC network
Gen III vehicle - specs, timeline, prototype
Vision for next roadster - specs, timeline, prototype
Tesla Apps and Accessories
Tesla's 5 year plan in detail

At the end of your journey you will find the Transmission will have luminaries from the Tesla world on-stage. Who do you want to see and what would like them to orate on?

I would like to see Elon, JB and Martin discuss the begin of TM and why it was so important to build the Roadster for old time sake (It may not happen but since we were asked). I would like to hear about the progression of the X and what TM has learned thus far and going forward. I would like to hear about the process of going with or moving away from the Falcon doors on the Production X. I would like to hear about of what we call GenIII...its more precise dimensions, its new platform nomenclature (How many cars will be produce under that single design) and any Tesla imagery of what could be the GenIII. I would like to hear when will TM share with the world it's first official commercial. Well I can go on and on but let me stop here... thanks for asking for our input oh great TESLIVE. LOL!!!

At the end of your journey you will find the Transmission will have luminaries from the Tesla world on-stage. Who do you want to see and what would like them to orate on?

I'd like to see a panel of Tesla executives, including Elon, discussing upcoming developments in their areas of responsibility. The topics could be next generation Model S and accessories, status of Model X, Gen III and Roadster designs, status of Service Plans, Supercharger technology improvements and status of rollout, status of stores and service center expansion, etc.

Perhaps a question and answer session could be entertained. Ideally it would be nice if audience questions could be simulcast from both an East Coast as well as West Coast location.

Larry

I'd like to see a panel of Tesla executives, including Elon, discussing upcoming developments in their areas of responsibility. The topics could be next generation Model S and accessories, status of Model X, Gen III and Roadster designs, status of Service Plans, Supercharger technology improvements and status of rollout, status of stores and service center expansion, etc.

Perhaps a question and answer session could be entertained. Ideally it would be nice if audience questions could be simulcast from both an East Coast as well as West Coast location.

Larry

Even better than a simulcast - how about TESLIVE on both coasts, maybe one for is East Coaster MS owners... put in one vote for Miami...

Even better than a simulcast - how about TESLIVE on both coasts, maybe one for is East Coaster MS owners... put in one vote for Miami...

Hi Matt,

What I had in mind was live audiences on both coasts linked to executive discussions by big screens. Tesla might fly an executive or two over to the East Coast, but logistics and economy suggest that the main discussion should be held on the West Coast.

Of course if Elon happened to be in the neighborhood I think we could swing a pretty good turnout now that we have close to 130 Florida Tesla Motor Club members. :wink:

Larry