Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslive Sunday drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Teslive registration site asked if we'd be participating in the Sunday drive. I understand there are approximately 80 cars participating after the breakfast from the hotel. Based on all the feedback we've read, others and I are helping design a route. The out-of-towners can rideshare and join in the fun. It will be the largest Model S road rally ever!

Last edited:
I added myself as JohnEC's front passenger (I'm assuming the Google Doc page is active)... really wish I could drive my S down from Portland.

I grew up in Menlo Park, and did a LOT of driving on those back mountain roads, will be fun seeing them again (if only as a passenger).

Sometimes I wonder. I understand at the SuperCharger stations they are not putting in 70A chargers for the Roadsters. It would be nice if Tesla were still considering us. Where are we to charge? At the 30A J1772 chargers competing with the Leafs?
I can't speak for Tesla (corporate). I was speaking for TMC and owners generally.

I was planning to bring my Roadster because it's just more fun on a sunny Sunday afternoon (even though I now believe that my Model S is faster).

However, if we need more Model S to hit some target - someone post about it. I'm probably not the only one who can bring either.

Should we get a signup spreadsheet going for the Sunday drive too? I'd love to take out-of-towners along. Am attending Teslive but not the Sunday breakfast.
Hope Bonnie doesn't mind: I created one here: TESLIVE Sunday drive un-official sign up sheet
I checked on that sign-up sheet and only saw 13 cars signed up. Was there another 'official' sign-up sheet I missed?
I'm looking forward to it after the breakfast. Happy to have anyone ride along in "The Hun!" BUT you'll have to endure me randomly promoting Al&Ed's at the most inopportune times! :tongue:

The TesLA club has about a dozen standard walkies. Pretty common frequencies. Anyone who has walkies (or can borrow them from their kids) should bring them. Likely the channels will match.
Oh... good one... Almost forgot to pack the kids' walkie-talkies! "The Transformers... robots in disguise!"

Just added my car to Discoducky's unofficial sign up sheet. All seats are available (excluding the driver's seat of course). According to Trixie there will be an opportunity to match riders with cars on Fri and Sat. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to reserve a seat in advance.

I checked on that sign-up sheet and only saw 13 cars signed up. Was there another 'official' sign-up sheet I missed?

No, that is the only sign up sheet that exists currently that I know of. I created it in lieu of an official one as I want to see as many Teslas (Roadsters, Model S/X/Whatever) out there and for all who want a ride to get one :))

I might be behind the wheel of a Model S 85P before Teslive!

I'd like to participate in the Sunday drive.

Depending on timing, I can either drive people from SFO on Friday; or I might need a ride from SFO to the factory to pick up my car!