Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslive Sunday drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be behind the wheel of a Model S 85P before Teslive!
P 8040/VIN 4768 60kWH Picked up at Factory on 2/7/2013. Accident/RIP 5/25/2013
cursing.gif

VIN 13605 Performance 85 Factory Pickup 7/8/2013.
Ugh! I'm sure you blogged about it elsewhere, but I feel your pain. Had a similar issue with my 1st Roadster in 2009 but I actually MADE money on the deal (search, "Tree Hugs Owner"). Good luck with getting the next incarnation!

- - - Updated - - -

No, that is the only sign up sheet that exists currently that I know of. I created it in lieu of an official one as I want to see as many Teslas (Roadsters, Model S/X/Whatever) out there and for all who want a ride to get one :))
Thank YOU! Done!

If we are allowed to do the drive without being event attendees (we'd love to go to teslive if it wasn't already sold out), my wife and I definitely will join up for the drive. We will have a couple empty seats to help out with those that need a ride.

I believe you can. Here is an email I received regarding that same question. I'm just not sure I can make it though.

"Good morning. The event is sold out. However, you can join drive on Sunday. We will leave the Crowne Plaza in Milpitas at 11am sharp.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sarah Moussa
TesLive 2013 Registration Team
Telephone: 415-446-7718 (Local & International)
Telephone: 1-888-371-1737 (Toll Free)
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm PDT

TMC and TESLIVE are independent of Tesla Motors."

I'm not authorized to say anything official, but here's the story:

1) Anyone with a Tesla can join the Sunday drive.
2) Roadsters are welcome. The expectation/hope is that this will be the most Model S's in a group drive to date. A quick poll showed at least 35 cars.
3) The route involves Calaveras Rd and Niles Canyon Rd. Twisties, and a place to stop for bio breaks/photos.
4) Drive safely and watch for bicyclists. Remember, it's a parade, not a race.
5) The cars will be split up into groups of 10 or so. Leaders will have walkie talkies.
6) Maps will be made available at the hotel before the drive.
7) Arrive enough before 11am that you can get settled for leaving the hotel in a group at 11am.

Group photo on the Sunday Drive

Eric (VFX) had a camera malfunction so I stepped in to get the group shot at the HS parking lot during our TESLIVE Sunday drive. You all look mahvelous...

20130714-_DSC8807.jpg

Somebody else can take on the task of tagging all the faces in the photo.

BTW, Tom Saxton made an independent count: 5 Roadsters and 38 Model S for a grand total of 43 Teslas on the drive. I'm still working on stitching the 360-degree panorama of all the cars present.

Eric (VFX) had a camera malfunction so I stepped in to get the group shot at the HS parking lot during our TESLIVE Sunday drive. You all look mahvelous..

View attachment 25631

BTW, Tom Saxton made an independent count: 5 Roadsters and 38 Model S for a grand total of 43 Teslas on the drive. I'm still working on stitching the 360-degree panorama of all the cars present.

OMG! What a great picture! It looks like there are almost 100 people are in the picture. This was so much fun...Eric and l are overwhelmed by all the compliments and support we've received for TESLIVE. Thank you to all!

Last edited:
Eric (VFX) had a camera malfunction so I stepped in to get the group shot at the HS parking lot during our TESLIVE Sunday drive. You all look mahvelous...

View attachment 25631

Great shot!

Steve knows the pain of a dropped camera is like a car wreck. It's a DOA Nikon but at least Steve could use my fish for the pano we set up for. Thank you everyone for your patience while we waited for the non-Tesla's to leave.

Bonnie's 41 count was just when we were loaded in.

44 cars final count.

Tesla can always draw a bigger crowd. They have everyone's email address ;) The Tesla LA store used to to do BBQs every year and always had record Roadster turnouts. They stopped when the S started deliveries out.

Isn't the record 200 in Germany?