Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was impressed by the way all the numbers that make up the electrical part of the system were broken down into a single display by the Teslogic engineers. I thought it would be a great place to put that same effort into a full car temperature display. But, I don't think you understand what goes into the current Teslogic.

Obviously I am not amongst piers, OK, have fun with your little display.

• Disagree
Reactions: sorphin
I was impressed by the way all the numbers that make up the electrical part of the system were broken down into a single display by the Teslogic engineers. I thought it would be a great place to put that same effort into a full car temperature display. But, I don't think you understand what goes into the current Teslogic.

And what model tesla do you own?
Oh yes...an old one.

Remind me , again, about what use will such data have for the user?
I don't need to understand in the innards or workings of the teslogic....
But what I do understand is mBus, modBus ( not so much Cbus but variations)....inverters, Evaps, comps and Hex. ...hence why I asked you why you would need that temp?

You will note that I clearly stated that this not designed to be a diagnostic tool...
I fully understand and appreciate how such a thing would be a nice to have tool.. but for Joe Blogg's every day use?

Give over.

Now...are you going to continue to act like a jumped up little 4th grader or be an adult?

Last edited:

Scan My Tesla has all of that and more. Sometimes you want or need to see everything for diagnostic purposes , or if you just want to be a geek. :)
I have similar computer hardware/software for my Land Rovers, BMW's, and Toyota's - and I love the granular data they present. (I fix my own cars..)

At this point, Teslogic presents data in a clean format which is useable for the average driver. I don't think it's meant to be a diagnostic tool.

I own both Scan My Tesla and Teslogic. In my opinion, they both serve their purposes.

*peers... and we will. Mine just arrived today and I'll either install it tonight or this weekend. Looking forward to the info it's going to give. IF I need all that other info, I can pull that from the other _diag_ oriented apps.

Reactions: DaveNN
@Kate@Teslogic Possible bug.. Installed mine. App crashed a few times, once it stablized... The odometer that the app shows for the car says 538 miles (not accurate) as compared to the 333 miles the car actually has on it. 2021 M3LR w/ FSD
Ya I let them know about that. It is showing KMs for us even though the label says miles. That should be an easy fix for them when they push an update.

Reactions: Kate@Teslogic
*peers... and we will. Mine just arrived today and I'll either install it tonight or this weekend. Looking forward to the info it's going to give. IF I need all that other info, I can pull that from the other _diag_ oriented apps.

This... just this.

Perhaps he meant pears...?

To be candid..I've muted that fella.
Guess I'll never know why he would need the temp of the Hex...

Strange that mine is in MPH...
Wonder if an app delete and reinstall would do the trick?
Not seen any setting menu in the app.
I've used it for a good few miles and found it to be very decent and will only improve.
Based on the assumption that the 0 to 60mph feature reflects reality, I was delighted to find that my common o garden LR AWD with hit that No in 4.1secs....with a boot full of Hex, angling chairs and mini fridge on the back seat.
That's damn near performance Nos...

Reactions: JonB65
Forgive me if this isn't new news.
I've found that if I switch on the phone after the car has booted up, it connects nigh on immediately.
Otherwise the app/ phone just sits there waiting for a signal.

This could well be due to my huawai (note 9) phone, of course.

Tried this umpteen times this morning.

Forgive me if this isn't new news.
I've found that if I switch on the phone after the car has booted up, it connects nigh on immediately.
Otherwise the app/ phone just sits there waiting for a signal.

This could well be due to my huawai (note 9) phone, of course.

Tried this umpteen times this morning.
"In the current app version, measurements are taken using the Tesla's "one foot rollout" technique. Measurements using this method always show slightly better results."

That's probably why. If I remember correctly for the SR and LR Tesla advertises a true 0-60. For the P it uses a rollout, likely to make the performance gap seem bigger than it is.

"In the current app version, measurements are taken using the Tesla's "one foot rollout" technique. Measurements using this method always show slightly better results."

That's probably why. If I remember correctly for the SR and LR Tesla advertises a true 0-60. For the P it uses a rollout, likely to make the performance gap seem bigger than it is.

Yep understood.
Still...an official 0 to 60 of 4.2/4.3 secs is still OK for a family saloon :)

OH ya exactly. I do not regret the LR one bit. I have a Draggy also that I used on previous cars. Might take the car out and do some comparison measurements to see how accurate the quarter mile time is on this.

My time was, as noted, with a laden car...on 60% battery, on a narrow country lane with a slight incline...approaching a mini roundabout which required some serious braking,

Reactions: JonB65

Just reminded myself to read up on one foot roll out...can't imagine it would skew my Nos that much.

Question - when the car is "off", does bluetooth stay connected if the phone is in range?

I ask because I noticed that the phone I use for Teslogic didn't need to reconnect (or it reconnected instantly) when I returned to the car this morning after my daily daycare dropoff, and the only thing that was different was I left that phone in the car when I ran in. The phone I use for a key went with me.

Question - when the car is "off", does bluetooth stay connected if the phone is in range?

I ask because I noticed that the phone I use for Teslogic didn't need to reconnect (or it reconnected instantly) when I returned to the car this morning after my daily daycare dropoff, and the only thing that was different was I left that phone in the car when I ran in. The phone I use for a key went with me.
I would imagine that when the car goes to sleep, so does the Bluetooth....

Reactions: sorphin