Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance mode not working right.

Has anyone experienced a problem with the performance mode? I have the newest update on my iphone 13 pro. The speed is way off and sometimes shows 20 mph slower. It does not record any acceleration times. This is a recent problem as it was working correctly when I installed the unit a few weeks back. I have tried turning off and on my phone and reinstalling the app. No luck.

New version out yesterday, and I installed it today. Can't speak to any pairing changes in just one drive. Celcius issue is fixed. The range issues I raised still exist:
IMG_0028.jpeg

Notice the app gives the following ranges:
Generic next to battery: 145
City: 136
Highway: 181.

Notice the car gives the following ranges:
Rated: 175
Projected: 192

None of the apps ranges match any of the car's ranges.
Note city is lower than highway, counter to reality in this car.
Note the higher of city/highway is lower than the car's current projection (mostly city)

Edit: in a perfect world, I'd prefer to see the projected range in that spot, since I can easily enough see the rated range over on the existing dash, and the projected range is harder to see while in motion but frequently more useful. Especially at highway speeds when it's much lower than rated.

Last edited:
I really like this idea of this system but there seem to be several bugs and inaccuracies which kinda make me want to wait and see if they get ironed out. My main concern is that they seem to have to be making all the calculations internally for various metrics like range and usage which means unless they get access to the exact algorithm as well as the whole data stream being used by the main screen they will always be off. That is unless they find a way to just pull the calculated number directly from the main screen.

Any idea where the HP measurements are being calculated from? Are they simple watts to HP conversions of what the motors are drawing?

Wondering..Has anyone thought of a way to use a wireless charging mount and implement a way to leave a phone in that place at all time and have the app just dim the display while the vehicle is "off". In essence a zero touch implementation. Just get in an drive; the dongle wakes the phone screen etc.
Wouldn't work with iOS I guess but maybe with Android?

Wondering..Has anyone thought of a way to use a wireless charging mount and implement a way to leave a phone in that place at all time and have the app just dim the display while the vehicle is "off". In essence a zero touch implementation. Just get in an drive; the dongle wakes the phone screen etc.
Wouldn't work with iOS I guess but maybe with Android?
Wouldn’t work for California, your window and phone are going to be gone in no time.

Wondering..Has anyone thought of a way to use a wireless charging mount and implement a way to leave a phone in that place at all time and have the app just dim the display while the vehicle is "off". In essence a zero touch implementation.
Mines pretty close to zero touch... But it's more moving parts.
1: wireless magsafe charger mounted on steering wheel
2: radar detector (V1) wires on a switched power source, but that's not actually needed
3: JBV1 app on the phone set up to start on pairing to the cars Bluetooth, and setup to launch another app (developer assumed it would be Waze, not this. I configured it to launch this) and then background itself. JBV1 runs as an overlay then, and still tells me about reported police/planes/radar sources/etc

The result is that I just get in, out unlocked phone in place, and then wonder why Teslogic can't find it's dongle.

there are issues on 2022.36.2 - range values are way off the scale and fluctuating, both city and highway are over 800kilometres. battery info tab went red colour and cannot read max available capacity. @Kate@Teslogic
I'm also getting a rectangular gray box that keeps flashing in and out near the top. About the width of the whole screen and an inch thick.

Reactions: DaveNN and ovidiux
Here's something to know about anything aftermarket for Tesla that involves software.

Until stated that a new update has been tested by the developer of your aftermarket part, you can virtually guarantee that you will have problems updating to the latest tesla software. Tesla changes a ton of software variables nearly every time they push an update, so it's 100% that you'll have problems if you absolutely can't wait to update your car. The dev may also not even get to address the changes from the vehicle update for a while because of the rate different vehicles receive the update

Reactions: ovidiux
Yep, issues after car updates are to be expected. This is what I'm seeing after the latest 2022.36.2 update:

Speed, gear selection and turn signals (including blind spot indications) work as usual. It's really just the battery/range stuff that's wonky.

The Teslogic folks have been pretty good about pushing out fixes in the past. Hopefully they can address this one quickly as well.

Reactions: DaveNN