Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really enjoying this little box of tricks, it does the job perfectly for a front dash now.

Just need to get a mount now that can sit behind the steering wheel and job done!

Your phone becomes the dash just behind the steering wheel or you can use an old phone. Work perfectly if you get a MagSafe charger at the same time which is what I did to mount the phone.
Thanks, I know you can use your phone. I want to have a permanent display and my worry is that, even keeping an old phone will invite break-ins to my car, so wanted something that looks more like a screen than the phone and @Binlo just posted something that looks more like a mini display and was curious what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I know you can use your phone. I want to have a permanent display and my worry is that, even keeping an old phone will invite break-ins to my car, so wanted something that looks more like a screen than the phone and @Binlo just posted something that looks more like a mini display and was curious what it was.
FYI, @osunick , has created a couple of 3D printed options for the related project he works on that look more built-in. I'd use probably use a windshield sun shade which is what my kid does.

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing. Pixel 2XL and 4XL example pictures and print files: candash/3dprinting at main · nmullaney/candash

Related product I've used for years to limit the top SOC that you phone charges to ie. 80% or 90% etc: https://chargie.org/chargie-app-android/

FYI, @osunick , has created a couple of 3D printed options for the related project he works on that look more built-in. I'd use probably use a windshield sun shade which is what my kid does.

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing. Pixel 2XL and 4XL example pictures and print files: candash/3dprinting at main · nmullaney/candash

Related product I've used for years to limit the top SOC that you phone charges to ie. 80% or 90% etc: https://chargie.org/chargie-app-android/
Thanks for sharing. I already discovered that product and tried to share here with fellow tesla enthusiastic (I have no association with that product what so ever), but Mod here doesn't like that I posted a product that doesn't pay them as vendors and deleted it. Again, I couldn't care less that they deleted it since I have no association with it. Apparently, we are only supposed to talk about products for which vendors paid the teslamotorclub.

Just ordered one and I am exited to try. The UI from those other instrument cluster is the thing that have kept me away from them. But I downloaded Teslogic app on demo mode and it looks pretty dam good!

One silly question. Is there any remote chance that the navigation would be integrated with Waze instead of google maps? Waze is so good on reporting hazard on the roads and speed traps. Would be awesome to have at the same time Waze and the blind spot warn.

question; which device are you using as a display?

That's kinda the problem. The better apps with active development and smart UI layouts are software focused. Those folks write to smart phones. The cleaner looking hardware unit's that look more factory have poor support, no updates, and etc.. In a perfect world Teslogic ports to something like the Hannshow 5.1" Linux display available on AliExpress for $140. Or, there are Android virtual apps for Linux, but I don't know enough about either to try it.

That's kinda the problem. The better apps with active development and smart UI layouts are software focused. Those folks write to smart phones. The cleaner looking hardware unit's that look more factory have poor support, no updates, and etc.. In a perfect world Teslogic ports to something like the Hannshow 5.1" Linux display available on AliExpress for $140. Or, there are Android virtual apps for Linux, but I don't know enough about either to try it.
Yeah, I agree! The Hannshow doesn't continue to support their hardware and I will not buy those ever. I really wish teslogic, @Kate@Teslogic , will have an option to get it with a nice looking hardware like latest 5.1 device, which IMO is the perfect size for me. I am pretty sure there are a lot of us who are willing to pay for both hardware and the software.
It will be hard to pair the software with hardware yourself since future updates from tesla or teslogic may become incompatible with the hardware and you will be constantly solving problems/issues yourself.

Software folks rarely want to get into hardware. Nor do I blame them, for hardware is almost always a losing game. The "but" in all this is they are sorta trapped into a "Hobbyist/DIY" kind of niche. The market looking for quality seamless OEM look and feel is closed to them. Shame too.

What Teslogic needs is to recruit an Android junky, or maybe a Linux guru, and fund finding a few ways to get their app onto something more permanent.

Once the bones and root (pun intended) ability was established they release it to the public for evolution self-support and back to software they go albeit with larger market access.

Next up might be finding a way to port to linux, or as mentioned before run on virtual android session. Sadly I'm a cyber/network/VOIP guy, so these OS's aren't in my bag of tricks.

Actually, this might work:

In fact, if the auto-start and shutdown work almost any android phone could work and handle the power-up and down.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
My unit has been behaving badly lately. I'm running it on an Android 6 phone stripped of all other apps and no sim card.
Yesterday, the turn signal on the phone was blinking randomly, almost no correlation to what the car blinker was doing. Non periodic blink that did correspond to the last direction the blinker was set to, but not shutting off when the car shut off its blinker.
Today, the phone would not connect to the transmitter.
I also tried with an Android 13 phone and it also would not connect.
Any suggestions for how to diagnose this?
I did verify that the Android 6 phone had updated to the latest app (March 10th if I remember correctly. If this is important, I can go look again).
I am assuming the transmitter gets power cycled every time the car goes to sleep, if not, let me know so I can unplug it to power cycle it. (not something I want to do if I don't have to).

Update: The unit connected today, still had the random turn signal blink pattern. This time, it only blinked when the blinker was on, but randomly and out of sync with the blinker. I also noticed that the autopilot max speed did not match the main display.
Can you try it on a more modern phone? Maybe the Bluetooth implementation isn't up to date enough on the old one.

My unit has been behaving badly lately. I'm running it on an Android 6 phone stripped of all other apps and no sim card.
Yesterday, the turn signal on the phone was blinking randomly, almost no correlation to what the car blinker was doing. Non periodic blink that did correspond to the last direction the blinker was set to, but not shutting off when the car shut off its blinker.
Today, the phone would not connect to the transmitter.
I also tried with an Android 13 phone and it also would not connect.
Any suggestions for how to diagnose this?
I did verify that the Android 6 phone had updated to the latest app (March 10th if I remember correctly. If this is important, I can go look again).
I am assuming the transmitter gets power cycled every time the car goes to sleep, if not, let me know so I can unplug it to power cycle it. (not something I want to do if I don't have to).
Hi! With the next update we'll try to rebuild the version specifically for old Androids. You can enable "debug window" in settings menu, take a screenshot with a drive mode enabled and send it to us. I can also send you previous versions of the app, please email me at [email protected]

I just purchased the Teslogic TT12. Question I had. I will be using a dedicated iPhone X as the teslogic display. While the app is open, does it allow the phone to lock? Or will it keep the display on akin to watching a youtube video etc. I just don't want to have to keep turning on/unlocking the screen while driving etc.

Hi! With the next update we'll try to rebuild the version specifically for old Androids. You can enable "debug window" in settings menu, take a screenshot with a drive mode enabled and send it to us. I can also send you previous versions of the app, please email me at [email protected]
I got the Android 13 phone to work yesterday. It seems my trouble connecting is due to switching between phones. Once it sees one phone, it won't talk to any others for quite a while. On Android 13, the blinkers were synchronized to the car. Went back to the Android 6 phone, and the blinkers were again random.
I will try to enable the debug window, but getting the screen shot from this phone to e-mail will be interesting. This is a 3G phone, and 3G service has ended in my area, the e-mail program would no longer connect to my e-mail service for about a year before I replaced that phone, I guess I'll have to transfer the screen shot via USB. Being a car display is about the only thing this phone is still good for.

This phone has an option to turn on the display and keep the display on when charging, but the app keeps the phone on, charging or not. It would be nice if the phone was allowed to sleep when not charging and the app is running. I'd still need to swipe up to see the app when I got in the car, but I would not have to take the phone out of the stand to access the buttons to force it to sleep.

This phone has an option to turn on the display and keep the display on when charging, but the app keeps the phone on, charging or not. It would be nice if the phone was allowed to sleep when not charging and the app is running. I'd still need to swipe up to see the app when I got in the car, but I would not have to take the phone out of the stand to access the buttons to force it to sleep.
If you swipe back to the home screen, the phone would then sleep. You might find you need to kill the app between drives, anyway, although the latest version seems to be finally connecting more reliably.