Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will this stop working with over-the-air updates? Will this void warranty in any way?

I recently purchased the JOWUA Invisible Foldaway Car Mount with MagSafe Charger. I had intended to put it behind the screen, wonder if this would work in place of the Teslogic mount as charging is a necessity.

But with this, how will I use WAZE!?

Great looking product!
I just ordered a Teslogic unit…and I too have the same JOWUA mount. The long bracket was about 3/4 inch too long so I cut off the end and mounted it right behind the steering wheel. Going on a road trip tomorrow to try out the new mount placement while I wait to receive my order!

Last edited:
I have a couple of queries please @Kate@Teslogic:

1. Does the speed limit icon on the app adapt to different countries - will it show as a UK style speed limit sign?

2. Is there any possibility of having Apple Maps within the iPhone app instead of Google Maps?
Hi! Here are the answers:
1. In the current version, this feature is temporarily disabled, but we'll enable it in the next version.
2. Apple doesn't let you embed maps in other apps, so unfortunately it's not possible.

I got mine about a week ago. The install took maybe 10 minutes. The Youtube video on the website outlines the install really well (at least for my '22). So far, so good. I've got a wireless charging mount for the steering column on the way, so for now I'm using the supplied magnetic mount. I'm actually pretty surprised how well it holds the phone (Pixel 6 Pro), even with a case (Spigen Ultra Hybrid).

One bug that I've noticed (and this was mentioned a page or two back) is if I park the car and return quickly (like dropping my daughter off at daycare), I need to force close the app otherwise it sits at the waiting to connect screen when I get back in the car.

Also, will new gauge designs be available in the future? It would be cool if we could select specific parameters we would like to see as well. Is it possible to add the odometer to the main screen? It's a small detail but I kind of miss it from my previous cars.

PXL_20220809_113708725.jpeg

Last edited:
Have people gotten a notification when theirs has shipped/is shipping? (Just verifying)
I ordered July 6th and it shipped Aug 4 and is still in transit. I got a label much earlier but that’s irrelevant if it’s not dropped off. I was told this was related to Canadian inventory. No qualms on my end, logistics take time to work out and the product is worth the wait. Also, I don’t have my car yet XD

Reactions: sorphin
Just helped a friend do the install. We both got our Model 3's in March of 2018, so we have the old 20 pin connections behind our consoles, but he got a 24 pin TL. Fortunately he had already purchased an OBD adapter for his car and TL sent him instructions on how to wire it to feed his TeslaLogic dongle.

All in all, it's pretty cool after install. He already had installed the Apple MagSafe on a 3D printed mount behind the wheel. It's clever that you guys did the research to find all the right signals to synthesize the displays you have.

I see lots of people making suggestions on updates.

You have lots of info on where power is coming from and going to but I wonder if it wouldn't be interesting to show the same with temps. Perhaps a graphic of the car with temps as the car warms or cools going from red to blue. I don't think everyone realizes how much the heat energy is conserved in the car. Sure the heat strips in the dash take a lot of energy initially, but as the car warms up heat is transferred to the HVAC system so you don't need to suffer in a cold car wearing a hat and gloves to save energy, just don't turn it on until the car warms up. It would help if it was graphed on screen for us.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I note that plenty of upgrades are being requested.
Such things cost money.
Perhaps the little glitches should be addressed first?
Asking for temp graphics, IMHO, are a tad OTT.
Lest us forget that we all still have a ruddy big screen nailed in the middle of the car.
I agree, the bugs I know of so far are:
1. Leaving and entering the car relatively quickly causes the device to not reconnect without closing the app first.
2. AP set speed is not accurate, seems to be showing whatever speed I am going and even then sometimes it shows speed that is made up?
3. The mileage on the odometer reading shows KMs instead of miles even though miles are selected.

Rant:
The metal disc for the mount isn't very strong and blocks or slows wireless charging. So I went with the aftermarket wireless steering column mount and its awesome. Holds securely and charges so your phone won't be half dead when you get to your destination.

Reactions: civicdrivr
I agree, the bugs I know of so far are:
1. Leaving and entering the car relatively quickly causes the device to not reconnect without closing the app first.
2. AP set speed is not accurate, seems to be showing whatever speed I am going and even then sometimes it shows speed that is made up?
3. The mileage on the odometer reading shows KMs instead of miles even though miles are selected.

Rant:
The metal disc for the mount isn't very strong and blocks or slows wireless charging. So I went with the aftermarket wireless steering column mount and its awesome. Holds securely and charges so your phone won't be half dead when you get to your destination.
I'm not seeing much in the way of bugs to be honest.
The mount is what it is.

If I decide to use a tablet, then I'd put a Brodit in.

Asking for temp graphics, IMHO, are a tad OTT.
Lest us forget that we all still have a ruddy big screen nailed in the middle of the car.
I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't own one, not worth it to me, but if I was gonna get one seeing what is going on in the car would appeal to me. Suggesting as @DaveNN does that I look at the Big Screen is strange, there is zero temperature information in a Tesla. Also, suggesting that this is Off Topic also seems misguided as this is the only Teslogic thread.

I feel they have done remarkable engineering of rendering the data from the car, and I was giving my opinion of what comes next. If you fear that will dilute the response to fixing the bugs you may be correct, but why limit other suggestions if we don't know when the bugs will be fixed?

I got mine about a week ago. The install took maybe 10 minutes. The Youtube video on the website outlines the install really well (at least for my '22). So far, so good. I've got a wireless charging mount for the steering column on the way, so for now I'm using the supplied magnetic mount. I'm actually pretty surprised how well it holds the phone (Pixel 6 Pro), even with a case (Spigen Ultra Hybrid).

One bug that I've noticed (and this was mentioned a page or two back) is if I park the car and return quickly (like dropping my daughter off at daycare), I need to force close the app otherwise it sits at the waiting to connect screen when I get back in the car.

Also, will new gauge designs be available in the future? It would be cool if we could select specific parameters we would like to see as well. Is it possible to add the odometer to the main screen? It's a small detail but I kind of miss it from my previous cars.

View attachment 838515
As an iPhone user, this looks so much better without a notch 😅

I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't own one, not worth it to me, but if I was gonna get one seeing what is going on in the car would appeal to me. Suggesting as @DaveNN does that I look at the Big Screen is strange, there is zero temperature information in a Tesla. Also, suggesting that this is Off Topic also seems misguided as this is the only Teslogic thread.

I feel they have done remarkable engineering of rendering the data from the car, and I was giving my opinion of what comes next. If you fear that will dilute the response to fixing the bugs you may be correct, but why limit other suggestions if we don't know when the bugs will be fixed?
Please expand on what you mean by temp?
Are you referring to cabin temp?
Unless the temp is being read/ monitored somewhere within the bowels of the Tesla hard/firmware, then the teslogic won't be able to get hold of this information ...as it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Battery temp, 12v batter temp, Powertrain temp, Inverter temp, CPU temp, Max and Min Cell temp, Heat exchanger temp, Oil and coolant pump LPM, Radiator fan RPM, Louver opening percent, all the temp sensors in the cabin and recognition of the angle of the sun. It also could recognize the tire temps, the HVAC evaporator/condenser. I see that the system already recognizes the battery temp but not clear if that's inlet temp or cell temp.

This could be very informative with all those temps running around, and with target temps changing as the car drives. If the car is below freezing it won't charge, there is a target active heat temp that will change depending on what you are doing. When the car is charging there is a target active cool that is also a moving target that means if you are driving TO a charger at a specific temp the car will be heating and driving from a charger at that same temp will be cooling.

It's perhaps the most complex system in the car that is greatly under appreciated and with a lot of thinking could be presented in a surprisingly readable way. I envision it being like you have the top off the car and each element is visible and you are looking at it with an FLIR camera. Bright shiny areas being the most hot. Sure beats looking at a mass of numbers like I do with Scan My Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: sorphin
Jesus...
For the average user, such data will be utterly meaningless.
If they know that battery x is at y⁰c , what are they meant to do with that information?

How many separate screens would be needed ? and ...besides, the beauty of this is to help the driver keep his/her eyes on the road...not scrolling through pages of data

Why do you need heat exchanger temp?

The teslogic is a driver aid...and a bloody good one at that, its not a vehicle management or diagnostic tool.