Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kate@Teslogic

Global Vendor
Jun 9, 2022
USA
Hi all!

We are developers of Teslogic.

As Tesla drivers, we felt uncomfortable with the lack of a dashboard in front of the eyes. This could be especially inconvenient on long trips. So we felt the need to do something about it and developed our own transmitter and the app. The transmitter connects to two can buses and turns a phone into a full-on instrument cluster.

You can see Teslogic in action in this video:

We’ve been testing the app for a year and, based on our own experience as Tesla users, we’ve designed the most interesting screens and functions:

• Main screen allows to track the current speed, autopilot modes, current trip distance, power and battery of your Tesla.​
  • Energy consumption screen shows a detailed picture of how different vehicle systems consume power. You can monitor power redistribution in real time and try to optimize consumption.​
  • Performance screen gives you all performance mode data regardless of your Tesla version. No need to buy any special device, you can check the dynamics acceleration and drag time at any moment.​
  • Car data screen displays all needed info about your car, most of which you can't find in Tesla's interface (actual condition of the battery, how much energy was received during the entire life of the car, how much was spent while parked, etc.)​
  • Navigation map screen based on Google Maps, which has much more up-to-date data than Tesla's maps.​
Energy consumption screen

Some significant features:
  • Enhanced Visibility: We offer a Low Vision Mode with enlarged interface elements and fonts, ensuring a clearer and more accessible display.
  • Clearly Visible Turn Signals: Our turn signals are designed for maximum visibility and include blind spot monitoring for safer driving.
  • Seamless Notifications: Receive all Tesla notifications on your phone, regardless of the active screen, keeping you informed without distraction.
  • Effortless Navigation: Use your vehicle's right steering wheel controls to swipe between screens, eliminating the need to touch your phone while driving.
  • HUD Projection: Utilize HUD mode to transform your phone into a projector, displaying the dashboard on your windshield for a heads-up view.
  • Quick and Easy Setup: Our system features easy installation, taking no more than 10 minutes to get you up and running.
  • Flexible Measurement Systems: The app supports both imperial and SI measurement systems, aligning with Tesla's primary interface for your convenience.

Turn signals

Low vision mode

Our latest update - Teslogic v2 - gives you access to advanced Tesla features. Some of the new features include:
  • Chill/Sport mode switching via kickdown.
  • Battery preheat for supercharging .
  • Wipers deicing winter mode.
  • Ice mode.
  • Regen settings.
  • Traffic fine avoidance.
  • Supports 2+ devices simultaneously.
Additionally, there is a switch on the transmitter that allows you to easily deactivate the active control functions if you prefer to use Teslogic in its previous version (as a data receiver).

For all TMC members, we offer a 10% discount. Use code TMCv210 or simply follow this link.

If you've already purchased Teslogic from us, please contact us at [email protected] with either your previous order number or the email associated with your order. We'll be happy to provide you with a special 30% discount.

You can make an order on our website.

Appstore
Google Play

Last edited:
The blind spot notification/warning is really useful.

Does the phone to be used as the screen require an “always on” data connection (cellular or wifi)? Asking because I’d like to use a device separate from my smartphone (e.g., iPad mini or an older iPhone) to use as the dedicated head up display.

Reactions: ICE5891 and sorphin
Does the phone to be used as the screen require an “always on” data connection (cellular or wifi)? Asking because I’d like to use a device separate from my smartphone (e.g., iPad mini or an older iPhone) to use as the dedicated head up display.
Internet required for navigation screen only. Everything else works offline. But It's really useful to have your own phone in front because of text notifications from messengers, etc. BTW, we're working on integration some "notification screen" inside the app that will allow reading and scrolling messages with steering wheel button (I'm a tech in Teslogic).

Internet required for navigation screen only. Everything else works offline. But It's really useful to have your own phone in front because of text notifications from messengers, etc. BTW, we're working on integration some "notification screen" inside the app that will allow reading and scrolling messages with steering wheel button (I'm a tech in Teslogic).
Hi, it will show also in metric values? km/h or is limited only to mph?

I was thinking of using a spare phone as well. Would a hot spot work for the connection?

Reactions: statman55
I'm interested in wireless charging or magsafe. Otherwise, is the cable just routed?

I don't think they address charging the phone, the data connection is via bluetooth, so there's no need for a physical connection. Their mount is just a magnetic, physical mount. You could run a lighting cable over from the center console, or whatever, and there's a few aftermarket mounts that use MagSafe:

But I hear you about a single vendor solution.

Reactions: santua
I like this idea. Objective, no gimmicks, very useful.

Question. Would there be any security concerns? What about warranty?

Yeah, this is super cool. I just D/L'ed the app, looks terrific (in demo mode).

The install looks simple, just a connector over on the passenger door trim area (so you don't have to remove the whole dash, at least for years 21+)

Very tempted. The full on large displays are a bit too much for me, and the updates from what I've read, can be a little sketchy.

This using a phone, and the hardware just relaying the car interface/IO through BT seems pretty foolproof. Like you, I do wonder about security with the car broadcasting that data over BT.

Reactions: santua
I don't think they address charging the phone, the data connection is via bluetooth, so there's no need for a physical connection. Their mount is just a magnetic, physical mount. You could run a lighting cable over from the center console, or whatever, and there's a few aftermarket mounts that use MagSafe:

But I hear you about a single vendor solution.

I wonder if Teslogic will let us purchase just the dongle without the stand so that we can use one of these options instead. Or any other 3rd party mount.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX

The install looks simple, just a connector over on the passenger door trim area (so you don't have to remove the whole dash, at least for years 21+)

Very tempted. The full on large displays are a bit too much for me, and the updates from what I've read, can be a little sketchy.

This using a phone, and the hardware just relaying the car interface/IO through BT seems pretty foolproof. Like you, I do wonder about security with the car broadcasting that data over BT.

I also downloaded the app as well. Unfortunately - it doesn't look to be iPad or Android tablet compatible, but I could see an iPad Mini or something like a Galaxy Fold being perfect for something like this. Cheaper and much more reliable than the 3rd party style large displays that you mentioned.

Yeah, I do like this concept, and just like you I am very tempted. Every other solution I have seen is too big or looks out of place, it's more of a permanent change and tends to be way out of the price point they should be. I think these guys have a good-looking piece of software that requires little hardware (and is easy to install), at a competitive price point.

Looking at the wireless charging mounting options you posted above makes me consider it even more.

Reactions: TomT
Yeah, I do like this concept, and just like you I am very tempted. Every other solution I have seen is too big or looks out of place, it's more of a permanent change and tends to be way out of the price point they should be. I think these guys have a good-looking piece of software that requires little hardware (and is easy to install), at a competitive price point.

Looking at the wireless charging mounting options you posted above makes me consider it even more.

FWIW, those were from a super quick search, so there may be something less pricey. I bet there's some discussion of those right here on TMC.

I always have my phone with me (as I'm sure most people do), and the idea of just dropping it onto a mount and getting all that extra info, right in front of my line of site, makes a ton of sense. For a $150 pre-order, it's not like it's even a huge money commitment (I mean, I'd want it to work, but it's a lot less money and risk vs. a $900 part with a much more complex install and offshore support channels).

Hahaha, I think I'm convincing myself to order :D

I also downloaded the app as well. Unfortunately - it doesn't look to be iPad or Android tablet compatible, but I could see an iPad Mini or something like a Galaxy Fold being perfect for something like this. Cheaper and much more reliable than the 3rd party style large displays that you mentioned.

I see that, though I also get it, I'm a developer, and the whole concept is to use your probably-already-with-you phone that has cell data for the mapping function and dealing with the layout/design off another device - or orientation since it only works landscape - is a PITA :D