Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I'm a tech in Teslogic.
The main difference is connection to two can buses at the same time. No one universal OBDII reader can do it.
The second thing is that we're using our own communication protocol over bluetooth which is much faster and has less delay than universal for OBDII. As a result dashboard acts smooth and looks "native".
Tesla doesn't support OBDII commands at all. And for working with Tesla, universal readers using the extented command set, which require constant polling/requesting of data. That overloads bluetooth bandwidth.

Along the same lines, is there a way to make Teslogic work with the Dual Bus CANserver (which uses WiFi)?
There are several 3rd party apps which work with the CANserver, such as CANdash and Scan My Tesla already, but they only offer a basic display and diagnostic data.

If there's no plan/way for Teslogic to work with CANserver, would there be any conflicts if we install the Teslogic wiring harness while the CANserver wiring harness is already installed. The Teslogic harness installs in a different location (side door vs underseat), at least in a MY.

Thanks!

Teslogic,

I'd like to say that I appreciate this solution that you have come up with.

Out of all of the great features that this supports, for me the most important item is the blind spot monitoring. The stock blind spot monitoring on the main Tesla screen is less than ideal and what you have created is a huge benefit.

I wonder if you could use what you have developed to create an additional product. Would you consider using this same technology to create mirrors that would replace the current side mirrors which would display the blind spot indicator within the the mirror as most traditional modern cars have it? Either that or a small indicator inside the car located right where the mirrors are on each side (I would prefer directly on the mirror).

This would solve my biggest gripe with the current Tesla solution.

Is this something you would consider developing? Please :)

I have a question about the Bluetooth LE connection.
According to your FAQ
“Just run the application, the connection is automatic. In case of problems, try restarting your phone. The transmitter is active when the car is not in sleep mode”
Sounds like you don’t need to pair the devices. Is that mean anyone near the transmitter will be able to connect using the app?
It is better to have an authenticated and encrypted connection.
At least disable the BT connection when the car is locked and parked (maybe check no one in the driver seat). I guess that will also save power.
BTW, can you have multiple phones connected to the device at the same time?

Reactions: TomT
Teslogic,

I'd like to say that I appreciate this solution that you have come up with.

Out of all of the great features that this supports, for me the most important item is the blind spot monitoring. The stock blind spot monitoring on the main Tesla screen is less than ideal and what you have created is a huge benefit.

I wonder if you could use what you have developed to create an additional product. Would you consider using this same technology to create mirrors that would replace the current side mirrors which would display the blind spot indicator within the the mirror as most traditional modern cars have it? Either that or a small indicator inside the car located right where the mirrors are on each side (I would prefer directly on the mirror).

This would solve my biggest gripe with the current Tesla solution.

Is this something you would consider developing? Please :)

That is the one feature I'm missing from my Prius and Outback. I liked how my Subaru has a light strip on the outside of the mirror, but on the mirror so it's visible to the driver.

69ed8db04f3adcc5567bb09d8e671a23x.jpg

Along the same lines, is there a way to make Teslogic work with the Dual Bus CANserver (which uses WiFi)?
Hi! This won't be an easy task to adapt the Teslogic app for Wifi, because Bluetooth has the very different nature. May be sometime later.

If there's no plan/way for Teslogic to work with CANserver, would there be any conflicts if we install the Teslogic wiring harness while the CANserver wiring harness is already installed. The Teslogic harness installs in a different location (side door vs underseat), at least in a MY.
No, they won't conflict in any way, you can install both, even underseat.
What are your favourite features of CanServer?

Would you consider using this same technology to create mirrors that would replace the current side mirrors which would display the blind spot indicator within the the mirror as most traditional modern cars have it?
That's an interesting idea. As I see, it can be done with small battery-powered Bluetooth LEDs that you'll stick near side mirror zone inside the cabin. Something like this:
1657998861042.png

Sounds like you don’t need to pair the devices. Is that mean anyone near the transmitter will be able to connect using the app?
Hi! Good question. The app will request pairing at the first connection. But, no password there at the moment. We're tending, for the start, to simplify the connection, installation as much as possible. Someone with the app will be able to connect outside woken car, but there's no way to attack, transmitter has hardware protection for sending commands to the buses. And it doesn't read anything "secret" except VIN, but anyone can read it under the windsheld :)
Later we'll add a possibility of setting BLE password protection.
BTW, can you have multiple phones connected to the device at the same time?
Now it is limited to one client (smartphone), again, for simplicity. But it can be changed later. What purpose are you seeing for a second client? Copilot screen? Logging device?

The right scroll wheel is used to adjust following distance when using autopilot. Does the use of changing screens with the right scroll wheel in TesLogic impact this functionality?

Thoughts on adding tire pressures?
When on AP you can change screens with moving the scroll wheel left-right or right-left. This will leave the distance at the same number. Teslogic does not impact or discord any car's functionality.

Reactions: TomT
Hi! Good question. The app will request pairing at the first connection. But, no password there at the moment. We're tending, for the start, to simplify the connection, installation as much as possible. Someone with the app will be able to connect outside woken car, but there's no way to attack, transmitter has hardware protection for sending commands to the buses. And it doesn't read anything "secret" except VIN, but anyone can read it under the windsheld :)
Later we'll add a possibility of setting BLE password protection.

Now it is limited to one client (smartphone), again, for simplicity. But it can be changed later. What purpose are you seeing for a second client? Copilot screen? Logging device?
By one client do you mean one active client or it’s locked to one client? Another way of putting it: will my wife be able to use it on her phone when she drives and me on my phone when I drive?