Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Just bought the product, but I have a few questions :

Will it be necessary to remove Tesla Logic before a service center visit ?

What could happen to the phone and the mount in case of a car crash ?

Is there a way to keep using the right button on Ap that will on my affect the distance between the car and not your app ?

Here are a pair of rather low cost Tesla 3/Y mounts on Amazon with MagSafe to mount an iPhone or an Android phone with an included magnet. One mount also has wireless charging (currently $40 minus 10%) while the lower cost one (currently $29 minus 10%) does not include wireless charging. I haven't tried one and there is only a single review, though.

This video does a good job of showing the product and how to install it and route the USB cable.

Installation video

MagSafe mount with wireless charging

MagSafe mount without wireless charging

Reactions: Stach
So, Teslogic is taking over the control of the horizontal action of the right scroll wheel? That function is assigned to changing vehicle distance. How do we change vehicle distance?
I too would like clear, definitive explanation about this scroll wheel behavior modification. Maybe even before I install.

As long as the right scroll wheel’s primary function of changing follow distance still works, I suppose I could accept the need to reach down behind the wheel and manually swipe the app screen back to the desired display. But if Teslogic completely supercedes the follow distance function with only their screen swipe action, then that’s a problem.

I’ll reserve full judgement until I see a clear explanation, because the previous one given was ambiguous.

Got the Teslogic wiring and box installed in my 2020 M3 SR+. There’s not a lot of room in the lower rear of the center console for the transmitter box, but I got it in there. Routing the wire under the seat track wasn’t bad.

The box under the front of the passenger seat was initially taped or glued to the metal underside of the seat, so when I tried to remove the small plug necessary for the front harness, the box came detached from its mounting point and I couldn’t get it stuck back. I’ll try to double stick tape it later so it doesn’t rattle.

Getting to that front under seat plug was a challenge, hard to get under there to connect the two plugs for the harness insert, but I got it.

Pairing took maybe 3-4 minutes but it eventually paired by itself. It works as advertised on the video, but the real kicker we’re all wanting to know is about the right scroll wheel. Left and right clicks do in fact still adjust the follow distance, but it *also* swipes between Teslogic display screens. If you frequently change your follow distance, you’ll find yourself reaching between or above the wheel to manually swipe back to your chosen screen after adjusting your follow distance.

If you think you can just turn off AP, adjust the screen, then turn AP back on, you can’t. Even if you’re not currently in active AP or NoA or FSD Beta, the right scroll wheel always adjusts follow distance, so you’ll always be dealing with affecting both follow and the app (unless Teslogic arrives at a different solution).

The short drive went well, it’s spot on accurate. It’s funny that my “average speed” was so high, but pressing and holding on that reset the in-app trip meter and average speed. That trip meter is *not* synced from the MCU trip meters.

So far 7/10, minus three points for the control issue. More after I get down the road on my long trip.

B662F287-5D2F-4CE5-BA9D-2E7E5734C826.jpeg0EE85D4A-E98C-46BF-B038-A8CC886CB5E5.jpeg0348E6D6-D4B9-4B65-A368-71973101AF6F.jpeg8A55E17C-F969-4485-BDEB-1FAA90D16E7F.jpegFD1A9345-06BB-477F-8F78-F72726F91E77.jpeg

Left and right clicks do in fact still adjust the follow distance, but it *also* swipes between Teslogic display screens. If you frequently change your follow distance, you’ll find yourself reaching between or above the wheel to manually swipe back to your chosen screen after adjusting your follow distance.

Thanks for all the detail!

What happens if you do a left or right click, immediately followed by a click in the other direction? Does the Teslogic display switch away and then back, or does it just switch once and ignore the second click?

I dunno if that will work or not, but it sounded to me like that's what Teslogic was recommending to switch Teslogic screens and keep the following distance unchanged.

Reactions: Kate@Teslogic
Could you elaborate on this a bit? Does this mean that with the module installed we'd completely lose the ability to adjust follow distance using the scroll wheel (or maybe only if there's an active connection to a device with Teslogic running)? Does that also mean this device is not purely read-only, and that you're actually injecting/intercepting commands to override or ignore the scroll wheel while AP is engaged?

It might be just me, but I think it would be a better user experience to lose the ability to change Teslogic screens using the scroll wheel while AP is engaged and keep the AP follow distance adjustment from the scroll wheel intact. It would also make me more comfortable if the device was only reading off the CAN buses.
Is there a way to keep using the right button on Ap that will on my affect the distance between the car and not your app ?
Hi! Thank you for these questions.

If the autopilot is off, the application screen can be changed by simply toggling the selector on the steering left or right.
When the autopilot is on, the Teslogic screen switching mode changes: you need to toggle the selector in the direction you need and return it back. It won't change the follow distance and the app screen will be switched.
So Teslogic does not manage anything, it only receives data. Therefore, no Tesla function can be controlled by it.

Reactions: bedoig
Hi,

Just bought the product, but I have a few questions :

Will it be necessary to remove Tesla Logic before a service center visit ?

What could happen to the phone and the mount in case of a car crash ?
Hi! Here are the answers to your questions:

1) No, you don't need to remove Teslogic before visiting Service Center since Teslogic transmitter is considered as diagnostic equipment and doesn't make any changes to the car equipment.

2) The phone might be knocked off just like in any other phone mount. The holder itself most likely will not be damaged.

Reactions: likkuid
Got my kit. I hate that they only have install videos. I much prefer written install instructions. Would also be nice to have a list of parts and photos for my version to verify I have everything for my car before starting. It appears my phone mount is missing the sticky tape to stick it the steering column. I also don't have the "included tool" they show in the video...which is not a big deal as I already have a plastic trim tool to use.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Got my kit. I hate that they only have install videos. I much prefer written install instructions. Would also be nice to have a list of parts and photos for my version to verify I have everything for my car before starting. It appears my phone mount is missing the sticky tape to stick it the steering column. I also don't have the "included tool" they show in the video...which is not a big deal as I already have a plastic trim tool to use.
So you are unable to put it in place ?

So you are unable to put it in place ?
I think I've got some 3M heavy duty mounting tape somewhere in my toolbox that should do the trick, or I can go buy some. I can certainly install the transmitter and verify it works. I tried slipping the little metal disc inside my phone case as they seem to show in the video to test the mount, and it doesn't seem to hold adequately. I'd have to stick it to the outside. Somewhere I've got a beefier metal plate from an earlier phone mount that I may try inside before resorting to that.

Probably tackle the job tomorrow.

Received mine yesterday and overall I'm really happy with it in my Model Y (Feb 2021). I'm glad I also bought a wireless charger mount ahead of time as my phone with case was just a bit too heavy for the magnet mount.

Love:
- clean user interface
- no latency
- very easy install (both hardware and software setup)

Possible Gripes:
- No plastic tool included (I had plenty though)
- still searching for how to select dark mode (very possible user issue)
- screen selection conflicts a bit with following distance selection *

Wish list:
- themes support
- custom screens (tire pressure, custom widgets, ...)

* (Android) I've found that you can eventually get your following distance where you want it with your preferred Teslogic page. You need to go either left or right multiple times and then going back to your preferred screen. Takes a bit of practice but is workable for me. Of course page changes will always alter following distance but once you go back to your normal page you are set

Wireless Charger Mount:

The autopilot set speed is 1 mph lower on the Teslogic app screen vs the MCU. Otherwise so far so good same as @jeffml . About 300 miles into our 2000 mile trip.

Dark mode automatically follows the car display (it changed automatically when the MCU did at sunset last night).

Edit: Actually not so sure about dark mode auto-follow of the MCU. I manually changed the MCU to dark just now and the Teslogic phone did not change. It must be something else I have set in iOS.

We’re using this with a spare iPhone X without internet.

Attachments

• 579CD67C-69C5-4DB9-835E-DC7D68A22076.jpeg
    579CD67C-69C5-4DB9-835E-DC7D68A22076.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 237
  • A571CF7E-2BDD-462B-BF95-4893538E4C28.jpeg
    A571CF7E-2BDD-462B-BF95-4893538E4C28.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 219
Last edited: