Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The autopilot set speed is 1 mph lower on the Teslogic app screen vs the MCU. Otherwise so far so good same as @jeffml . About 300 miles into our 2000 mile trip.

Dark mode automatically follows the car display (it changed automatically when the MCU did at sunset last night).

Edit: Actually not so sure about dark mode auto-follow of the MCU. I manually changed the MCU to dark just now and the Teslogic phone did not change. It must be something else I have set in iOS.

We’re using this with a spare iPhone X without internet.
Thanks for your review! Currently, dark mode is enabled when the MCU reports a sunset (the sun is actually down). When it is forced into dark mode, there is no such message, so the mode doesn't switch. We'll add the ability to manually change the mode in the upcoming app updates.

Another bug to report. The odometer shows KMs value even though it says miles and I am set to mph not km/h.

Also, metal disk is not strong enough to hold through a cheap thin phone case. I did order the build in wireless charger that replaces the top of your steering wheel, but have not installed yet so this will be a non issue for me.
Thanks for reporting this issue! The odometer bug is also on the fix list

Stating the obvious I guess, but if you like the info but not the placement you can always pick your own mounting location. Agree I don't want to sacrifice much airflow so we'll see if I use the behind the wheel location. I'm more interested in the nice UI and potentially streamlining down from a couple apps to maybe just this one. I don't want to speak for the product creators, but when I asked about a 'stats for nerds' kind of section in the app akin to ScanMyTesla (basically presenting every known CAN signal ID) they said it was supposedly in the works.

Stating the obvious I guess, but if you like the info but not the placement you can always pick your own mounting location. Agree I don't want to sacrifice much airflow so we'll see if I use the behind the wheel location. I'm more interested in the nice UI and potentially streamlining down from a couple apps to maybe just this one. I don't want to speak for the product creators, but when I asked about a 'stats for nerds' kind of section in the app akin to ScanMyTesla (basically presenting every known CAN signal ID) they said it was supposedly in the works.
If I could find a nice mount to go on the dash above the AC vents I might do it, but I hate sacrificing the clean look of the dash. It would be awesome if it was a heads up display. I'd sacrifice a small bump on the dash to project to the glass for that.

I am in the UK, would like to order this too. Please confirm if the wiring harness that is supplied will work with 2022 Model Y using the Rynen MCU? Thanks. Other UK buyers, did you have to pay for import and duty fees for this device?

I am in the UK, would like to order this too. Please confirm if the wiring harness that is supplied will work with 2022 Model Y using the Rynen MCU? Thanks. Other UK buyers, did you have to pay for import and duty fees for this device?
Ignore, did not realize I was in Model 3 thread. Have posted in Model Y forum now for the Teslogic device.

So can this work with a 2018 if the right electrical connections are made, or is the data not even there? I have a November 2018 build.

I'd suggest re-wording the FAQ on your site as well:
Teslogic is compatible with all Model 3/Y except early 17-18' Model 3. Please specify your model correctly in the order form, wiring differs depending on the model and year of the car.
Just say:
Teslogic is compatible with all Model Y's and 2019 and later Model 3's 2017-2018 Model 3's are not supported. Please specify your model correctly in the order form, wiring differs depending on the model and year of the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I have a couple of queries please @Kate@Teslogic:

1. Does the speed limit icon on the app adapt to different countries - will it show as a UK style speed limit sign?

2. Is there any possibility of having Apple Maps within the iPhone app instead of Google Maps?

@Kate@Teslogic would it be possible to have a short beeping sound play if there is a vehicle detected in the blind spot when that Teslogic app flashes red? My favorite implementation of this is the Mazda Blind Spot Monitoring system which had a soft and quick three beeps when it detected a car.
Not unless I can turn it off. I'm constantly trying to get this car to shut up. Last thing I need is another beep.