Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's pretty nifty - mine is a DIY project - so will the unit work on a Samsung tablet? Hate to lose my WAZE and it charges fairly well via a magnetic USB cord.

Tablet DIY.jpg

Reactions: DaveNN and JonB65
Hello,
After 8 hours of driving with my m3 LR 2022, I have noticed some bugs:
1) Net capacity of battery is shown incorrectly, instead of showing -+78kWh at 100% it shows -54kWh. After zero, will show positive numbers:
bug 1.jpg

2) On car info menu -> car info - > onboard AC charger information is incorrect. this car is made in Shanghai for European market and it has three phase OBC but at 16A @ 380 volts. The info shown is for American market:
bug 2.jpg

3) Speed limit for any speed with three digit is shown incorrectly. See below, limit of 130kph is shown as 13 and not centered. Also Range section is a bit off especially on City range:
bug 3.jpg

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Other issues also reported by users here:
1) Even without or with magsafe case, the phone holder could not hold iPhone, I have to use the metal ring to hold it well but loosing wireless charging;
2) If you go out and in of the car quickly, you have to force close the App in order to work again;
3) Might worth to put on the main screen info about battery percentage of the phone itself next to clock with a suggestive icon.
4) Navigation pane does not work properly: in most of the cases, I found myself in a middle of an unknown ocean/sea. When it works, I have no possibility to select a destination;
5) Battery degradation is not a static number, I left with 1.8% degradation but with car charged up to 100% and arrived at destination with 8% and degradation was now 1.1%. I have charged again back to 100% to go back home and now it shows 1.0% degradation. Happy to see that degradation is not a static number and charging up at 100% for long trips will rebalance the battery pack.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, especially for the blind spot feature.
@Kate@Teslogic good job!

Hello,
1) Net capacity of battery is shown incorrectly, instead of showing -+78kWh at 100% it shows -54kWh. After zero, will show positive numbers:
View attachment 841427
2) On car info menu -> car info - > onboard AC charger information is incorrect. this car is made in Shanghai for European market and it has three phase OBC but at 16A @ 380 volts. The info shown is for American market:
View attachment 841428
3) Speed limit for any speed with three digit is shown incorrectly. See below, limit of 130kph is shown as 13 and not centered. Also Range section is a bit off especially on City range:
View attachment 841429
1) Even without or with magsafe case, the phone holder could not hold iPhone, I have to use the metal ring to hold it well but loosing wireless charging;
2) If you go out and in of the car quickly, you have to force close the App in order to work again;
3) Might worth to put on the main screen info about battery percentage of the phone itself next to clock with a suggestive icon.
4) Navigation pane does not work properly: in most of the cases, I found myself in a middle of an unknown ocean/sea. When it works, I have no possibility to select a destination;
5) Battery degradation is not a static number, I left with 1.8% degradation but with car charged up to 100% and arrived at destination with 8% and degradation was now 1.1%. I have charged again back to 100% to go back home and now it shows 1.0% degradation. Happy to see that degradation is not a static number and charging up at 100% for long trips will rebalance the battery pack.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, especially for the blind spot feature.
@Kate@Teslogic good job!
With the likes of the satnav, surely the idea of the teslogic is to augment but not replace functionality of the main screen?

However, a detailed write up..thank you.

Reactions: sorphin
With the likes of the satnav, surely the idea of the teslogic is to augment but not replace functionality of the main screen?

However, a detailed write up..thank you.
I agree with you. navigation is more than enough on the tesla screen, not phone. So, we can consider navigation into nice to have category.
Also, related to range not being relevant, it seems that represents the estimated range shown in Teslamate and not rated, that's way does not match with Tesla meter. screenshot from teslamate below:
teslmate.PNG

And about range being lower for City seems reasonable because I drove when is very crowded and very hot outside ending up with a very high consumption, higher than on Highway.

I would imagine that when the car goes to sleep, so does the Bluetooth....
I would think so as well, but I tried again today. With the car being parked for ~5-6 minutes, I came back out and the phone (which I left visible today) was still on and showing live data. Even when I unlocked the car, the turn signals flashed on screen.

Maybe it wasn't enough time for the car to go to sleep?

Battery temp, 12v batter temp, Powertrain temp, Inverter temp, CPU temp, Max and Min Cell temp, Heat exchanger temp, Oil and coolant pump LPM, Radiator fan RPM, Louver opening percent, all the temp sensors in the cabin and recognition of the angle of the sun. It also could recognize the tire temps, the HVAC evaporator/condenser. I see that the system already recognizes the battery temp but not clear if that's inlet temp or cell temp.

This could be very informative with all those temps running around, and with target temps changing as the car drives. If the car is below freezing it won't charge, there is a target active heat temp that will change depending on what you are doing. When the car is charging there is a target active cool that is also a moving target that means if you are driving TO a charger at a specific temp the car will be heating and driving from a charger at that same temp will be cooling.

It's perhaps the most complex system in the car that is greatly under appreciated and with a lot of thinking could be presented in a surprisingly readable way. I envision it being like you have the top off the car and each element is visible and you are looking at it with an FLIR camera. Bright shiny areas being the most hot. Sure beats looking at a mass of numbers like I do with Scan My Tesla.
Hi Randy! If you have any ideas, you can offer us specific implementations in the form of a layout, I will pass it on to our engineers and designers and we will think about it. We plan to make some kind of "nerd mode" with all sorts of statistics for those who care about it, the temperature info could possibly go there as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I would think so as well, but I tried again today. With the car being parked for ~5-6 minutes, I came back out and the phone (which I left visible today) was still on and showing live data. Even when I unlocked the car, the turn signals flashed on screen.

Maybe it wasn't enough time for the car to go to sleep?
Sentry ON? if yes, the car does not go to sleep so teslogic transmitter will stay online. even when you start A/C as well.

@Kate@Teslogic , are you able to share what additional screens might be coming in a future app update? I think you mentioned an analog gauge.

However, here is what I wish for: my close-up eyesight is not great (my distance vision is fine for driving), so I’d ask for a “bare bones” digital speedometer with as large a font as you can fit, plus the AP / autosteer / speed limit / set speed icons as big as they can be.

We are on the opposite end of the “nerd mode” spectrum… just want a couple basics. No Wh/mile metrics, no trip meters, etc, those can be on another page. Both my wife and I just want to see the speed, blinkers, and the blue AP icon, filling the screen. That’s it. After 3000+ Highway miles in the last 30 days, all that mattered was confirming speed. The rest was fluff/unused.

Thank you!

Last edited:
@Kate@Teslogic , are you able to share what additional screens might be coming in a future app update? I think you mentioned an analog gauge.

However, here is what I wish for: my close-up eyesight is not great (my distance vision is fine for driving), so I’d ask for a “bare bones” digital speedometer with as large a font as you can fit, plus the AP / autosteer / speed limit / set speed icons as big as they can be.

We are on the opposite end of the “nerd mode” spectrum… just want a couple basics. No Wh/mile metrics, no trip meters, etc, those can be on another page. Both my wife and I just want to see the speed, blinkers, and the blue AP icon, filling the screen. That’s it. After 3000+ Highway miles in the last 30 days, all that mattered was confirming speed. The rest was fluff/unused.

Thank you!

This. ..100%

What I do miss , I had this as the focal point on my previous infotainment screens, is a clock.

Reactions: starship42
Hello,
View attachment 841427
View attachment 841428
View attachment 841429

@Kate@Teslogic good job!
With the first bug mentioned, now it seems to be ok.
When you reset current trip (with a tap on it) from the main menu, also the battery meter in kWh will reset to zero. As the trip goes on, the battery meter will count used kWh in that trip which is ok!

Hello,
View attachment 841427
View attachment 841428
View attachment 841429

@Kate@Teslogic good job!
Hi! Thanks again for letting us know about this issues.

Bug answers:
  1. This number is not an amount of consumed energy in a current trip but a current batt energy amount. Minus means that energy was added at a charging station. The counter is reset along with resetting the trip counter on the main screen.
  2. This is а 3 * 16A * 230V charger. And the way how Tesla called it in internal docs. We'll change it to "3 * 16A", thanks.
  3. Yes, that’s a bug, we’ll fix it, thank you. Outside the US, the speed limit sign must change to European.
Other comments:
  • If you go out and in of the car quickly, you have to force close the App in order to work again;
    • This is a known bug for some Android phones. It seems that your iPhone has it too.
  • Might worth to put on the main screen info about battery percentage of the phone itself next to clock with a suggestive icon.
    • We are thinking how can we do it in a better way.
  • Navigation pane does not work properly: in most of the cases, I found myself in a middle of an unknown ocean/sea. When it works, I have no possibility to select a destination;
    • We're working on it, thanks!
  • Battery degradation is not a static number, I left with 1.8% degradation but with car charged up to 100% and arrived at destination with 8% and degradation was now 1.1%. I have charged again back to 100% to go back home and now it shows 1.0% degradation. Happy to see that degradation is not a static number and charging up at 100% for long trips will rebalance the battery pack.
    • Yes, Teslogic shows the number (with slight recalculations for better understanding) calculated by Tesla BMS. Tesla BMS in turn calculates this number continuously based on many factors.

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks again for letting us know about this issues. I’ve got answers from our developers.

Bug answers:
  1. This number is not an amount of consumed energy in a current trip but a current batt energy amount. Minus means that energy was added at a charging station. The counter is reset along with resetting the trip counter on the main screen.
  2. This is а 3 * 16A * 230V charger. And the way how Tesla called it in internal docs. We'll change it to "3 * 16A", thanks.
  3. Yes, that’s a bug, we’ll fix it, thank you. Outside the US, the speed limit sign must change to European.
Other comments:
  • If you go out and in of the car quickly, you have to force close the App in order to work again;
    • This is a known bug for some Android phones. It seems that your iPhone has it too.
  • Might worth to put on the main screen info about battery percentage of the phone itself next to clock with a suggestive icon.
    • We are thinking how can we do it in a better way.
  • Navigation pane does not work properly: in most of the cases, I found myself in a middle of an unknown ocean/sea. When it works, I have no possibility to select a destination;
    • We're working on it, thanks!
  • Battery degradation is not a static number, I left with 1.8% degradation but with car charged up to 100% and arrived at destination with 8% and degradation was now 1.1%. I have charged again back to 100% to go back home and now it shows 1.0% degradation. Happy to see that degradation is not a static number and charging up at 100% for long trips will rebalance the battery pack.
    • Yes, Teslogic shows the number (with slight recalculations for better understanding) calculated by Tesla BMS. Tesla BMS in turn calculates this number continuously based on many factors.
Hi @Kate@Teslogic
About bug 1, you are correct, at that time i have just charged it up before going back home 200miles. I already mentioned later on this thread that is not a bug and every time you reset the current trip will reset that as well.
bug 2, I am fine how it is now if tesla docs says that way. Anyway in Europe we call it three phase 16A or 11kw.
About get in and out quickly happens but not every time, let's say once in ten times. not really an issue for me and maybe I didn't wait enough to let app reconnect.

Another suggestion is that a configure button could be on car info menu from where you could enable/disable Menus to have a cleaner look, settings for the bluetooth, settings for the main page with toggles for what info should be seen like clock, range, and so on.
About maps, I don't see it being useful at this moment and I would have it disabled.

Thank you!