Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
( I leave a phone in the car, on " charge", switched off)
For some reason, the connection is only made by switching on and rebooting the phone- as opposed to simply switching on.
On reboot the connection is nigh on immediate....strange

Using a Redmi Note.

Any views?...apart from binning the phone.

@Kate@Teslogic , are you able to share what additional screens might be coming in a future app update? I think you mentioned an analog gauge.

However, here is what I wish for: my close-up eyesight is not great (my distance vision is fine for driving), so I’d ask for a “bare bones” digital speedometer with as large a font as you can fit, plus the AP / autosteer / speed limit / set speed icons as big as they can be.

We are on the opposite end of the “nerd mode” spectrum… just want a couple basics. No Wh/mile metrics, no trip meters, etc, those can be on another page. Both my wife and I just want to see the speed, blinkers, and the blue AP icon, filling the screen. That’s it. After 3000+ Highway miles in the last 30 days, all that mattered was confirming speed. The rest was fluff/unused.

Thank you!
Hi! Sure, you'll be able to simplify the screen and choose which options to display, we're working on it. Thanks for your comments

I would like to reiterate, even with some of the little bugs I've encountered, the device and app have been fantastic. I love having a dashboard view, especially for the turn signals since they double as blind spot warnings. Great work @ Teslogic team.

Quick question: for the ring that surrounds the speedometer and changes from green to yellow/orange - can the color gradient change based on the speed limit, not the overall speed? I assume it's currently programmed to indicate efficiency (it's always green below 40, yellow above 40), but it would be nice to have a switch to yellow/red based on (potentially user selected) thresholds that are tied to the given speed limit. For example: 45 zone, 45 and below, green, 45-50, yellow, 50 and above, red.

I would like to reiterate, even with some of the little bugs I've encountered, the device and app have been fantastic. I love having a dashboard view, especially for the turn signals since they double as blind spot warnings. Great work @ Teslogic team.

Quick question: for the ring that surrounds the speedometer and changes from green to yellow/orange - can the color gradient change based on the speed limit, not the overall speed? I assume it's currently programmed to indicate efficiency (it's always green below 40, yellow above 40), but it would be nice to have a switch to yellow/red based on (potentially user selected) thresholds that are tied to the given speed limit. For example: 45 zone, 45 and below, green, 45-50, yellow, 50 and above, red.

I , firstly, totally agree.
It's a first class piece of kit and I would be happy to pay for the app...based on the assumption that the upgrades offer added value.

Why would you need a scale to advise you are driving well below ...at...or above the posted limit?
The screen offers both your MPH and posted limit at the top.
Whilst I haven't checked, as I would simply ignore it anyway, but doesn't the car have a an audible alarm, if requited.
One thing though...I figured that the ring is to indicate efficiency... is this not the case?
Personally, as I drive mine like I've stolen it, I'd want mine permanently in red.

Hi @Kate@Teslogic!
I have new suggestions and/or issues:
1) For the track mode, a reset button would be preferred and keeping an history of at least 3 runs and their values. At this moment I have to force close the App in order to test track again. 0-100km/h was 3,74 sec on my model 3 LR with Boost year 2022 (made in China) and 65% battery level which was lower than official specs (0-100km/h should be around 3,9 sec). How is the measurement done?
2) On car info Page the total power is 524HP, are you sure is this value correct? Because on COC (certificate on conformity I have 366kW power = 490,8HP). However, Teslamate recorded max power was 383kW = 513cp
3) still about track mode: Power limited at 80% is always there no matter battery level and/or temperature is shown. It will lower only when SOC get lower, under 50% I think. See attached screen shot:

Ovidiu Necula - M3 LR - teslogic trackmode.jpeg

4) instead of Map module, you can put a trip Meter module with multiple sections like Trip 1, Trip 2 and Trip 3 with values like: wh average, distance, time, max power hp, average speed. And also at the end, the Lifetime consumption.
5) Lifetime consumption value seems to be a little higher than the trip kept by me for lifetime. On tablet I have lifetime of 161wh/km and teslogic reports 165wh/km, also I know that the trip does not count consumption while parked like A/C and Sentry while teslogic value includes it?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kate@Teslogic
Why would you need a scale to advise you are driving well below ...at...or above the posted limit?
The screen offers both your MPH and posted limit at the top.
Whilst I haven't checked, as I would simply ignore it anyway, but doesn't the car have a an audible alarm, if requited.
One thing though...I figured that the ring is to indicate efficiency... is this not the case?
Personally, as I drive mine like I've stolen it, I'd want mine permanently in red.

I'm assuming it is for efficiency, but it's annoying looking down when I'm doing 45 in a 45 zone and it being yellow. This is obviously user specific, but very few roads around me have speed limits within the efficiency zone, so it's always yellow or red 🤣

As far as the audible alarm is concerned, I had that in my VW and it annoyed me, so I turned it off. I'd rather have subtle visuals than audible warnings (save those for actual issues).

Reactions: DaveNN
Anyone run into this issue on install?

Everything went well, except for one portion. When I ran the cable to the front of the passenger seat area, I wasn't able to connect it to the block under the seat. There appears to be some sort of bracket in the way, and I can't make the connection with the other (smaller) portion of the harness (pic attached).

Under_Seat_Bracker.JPG

The device seems to work okay, as I'm able to connect via Bluetooth to my iPhone. What functionality, if any, is missing as a result of this under-seat connection not being made? I'd prefer to connect it, but I simply don't see a way to make it happen currently. Not even if my name was Thomas Tinyhands am I getting underneath there to make that connection. 😂

I have a 2020 M3LR (manufactured Oct 2020), if that helps.

Is it possible to get an update on my order please @Kate@Teslogic - placed on August 12th, and I’ve heard nothing since then. Thanks
I ordered on the 9th August, and this is the last update I had from Katerin - this was last week and I am also in the UK!
Thank you for the kind words! We are now waiting for the delivery of the batch to our European warehouse, we will be able to ship in a week. @Kate@Teslogic , do you have any further update for us in the UK?

Hi @Kate@Teslogic...

Been using the device for about a week now, here are my thoughts:
  1. Overall very nice interface--I love the attempt to use similar UI elements as in Tesla to allow it to blend in nicely. Very well done!
  2. I've noticed the "blind spot indicator" occasionally go red when I am waiting to make a left turn and oncoming traffic passes by. Note the Tesla never shows those cars on their UI so this may be a bug.
  3. The colored "ring" around the speed circle is distracting and the color is confusing. This is probably superfluous and not needed so maybe it should be removed.
  4. The "gear" indicator ("P" "R" "N" "D") should be more prominent--look at Tesla to see how it makes the other "gears" much more faint
  5. On the map, the red indicator for my car location sometimes jumps like crazy--I know the maps is being worked on but maybe another bug
  6. Is the temperature shown on the UI supposed to represent the temp of the battery pack? Not sure what it correlates to
If possible please prioritize fixing issues with the blind spot indicator as this is the primary reason I purchased it and am not ready to trust it yet while driving. Overall great first version of the product!

I’ve used this for a couple days now and very much like it. Similar issues to those already described.

The biggest issue is when I make a phone call, it effectively shuts down the app as the call takes the screen over and does not return to Teslogic (iOS, iPhone 12 Pro Max). Similarly, when receiving a call, it disconnects Teslogic and I have to force exit and restart—which is unsafe while driving.

I’d also like an option for the scroll wheel swipe to not swipe Teslogic screens when I’m adjusting car distance. I only use the main screen anyhow.

Other issues: disconnection is regular when you don’t remain on app, 3 digit speed signs cut off, etc.

Anyhow, EXCELLENT product albeit very Beta feeling. Would strongly recommend given these are resolvable with software updates. LOVE the OEM look. I also paired with a wireless MagSafe mount pretty much identical to Teslogic’s, but with charging capabilities, off AliExpress for $20.

Thanks!

FEB77F48-15F0-4663-BFA3-997B57FAD7BF.jpeg

Reactions: Kate@Teslogic
Yet to receive mine, but I’m planning on using Siri and/or iOS voice control to switch between Teslogic and other apps such as Apple Maps, alter the brightness, adjust volume etc.

I’ve created an iOS shortcut so that when I get in the car and connect to Bluetooth my phone adjust various setting and loads Teslogic, amongst other actions.

I’ve also had a bit of an explore of options to remotely control the phone by other means without having to use voice (voice isn’t always reliable and/or appropriate). Best I’ve been able to come up with so far is a Bluetooth mouse and using some assistive touch options in the accessibility setting so I could open the app switcher and change between apps remotely via button clicks (no mouse movement required, and without using voice).

I think there’s scope for Teslogic to offer a Bluetooth remote control which could be fixed, for example, to the back of a steering wheel spoke, and which the driver could use to do simple things on the phone (outside of the Teslogic app) - the main one is probably being able to quickly switch between the Teslogic app and Apple Maps / Waze/ A Better Route Planner etc

Reactions: Stach
Ordered in July, shipped 5 August, received 23 August, 1 day after the Model 3 RWD arrived!

Easy install with Apple magsafe charger and iPhone SE 2022. Had to restart phone before the transmitter was recognised. All looks very good, as others have said, very nice style of the monitor text etc.

Noted one bug so far -- it identifies my car as Long Range (which it isn't)...

Does anyone have advice about routing the charging cable for magsafe charger into the glovebox or elsewhere, without it being too obvoius?

Ordered in July, shipped 5 August, received 23 August, 1 day after the Model 3 RWD arrived!

Easy install with Apple magsafe charger and iPhone SE 2022. Had to restart phone before the transmitter was recognised. All looks very good, as others have said, very nice style of the monitor text etc.

Noted one bug so far -- it identifies my car as Long Range (which it isn't)...

Does anyone have advice about routing the charging cable for magsafe charger into the glovebox or elsewhere, without it being too obvoius?
You route it here. Mine is hidden. Push it in to the crevice there. Tuck in and up a bit. Plug into backseat connection.
3694312A-115B-4CE8-B328-B39275C34604.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: haknabus