Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the device, so I haven't done much testing. Very easy to install and seems to work ok. On the original demo video near the start of this forum it showed the warning messages (that usually display in the bottom corner of the tesla screen) being displayed. They aren't displaying in the Teslogic app. Is anyone seeing the messages? Or perhaps they haven't implemented that in the official app yet. Also, if you scroll all the way to the left to the first screen, on the top row, on the extreme right there is a square with an arrow pointing up and to the right. When I press it nothing happens. Does anyone know what it is for?

Id love to see a hardware version of this... Like a chinese hudlcd with this software would be amazeballs.. Also it would be nice to have splitscreen with waze so we could run this via screencast on android auto devices.

Id like to use it with a hudaway hud but want waze for speed trap warnings

Last edited:
I agree with you. navigation is more than enough on the tesla screen, not phone. So, we can consider navigation into nice to have category.
Also, related to range not being relevant, it seems that represents the estimated range shown in Teslamate and not rated, that's way does not match with Tesla meter. screenshot from teslamate below:
View attachment 841489
And about range being lower for City seems reasonable because I drove when is very crowded and very hot outside ending up with a very high consumption, higher than on Highway.

maybe in romania noone cares, but in other countries you heavily rely on waze for mobile speed cameras and cops.

• Funny
Reactions: sorphin
maybe in romania noone cares, but in other countries you heavily rely on waze for mobile speed cameras and cops.
Don’t know about others, but I don’t need or particularly want a visual indicator of speed cameras, and happily rely of audible alerts from Waze / Amigo / Apple Map.

What I do plan to use the steering column mount for is to have Apple Maps in line of sight when needed, and to switch between that and Teslogic.

Ideally that would be possible via the steering wheel button, or possibly even more ideal would a split screen or composite view with Teslogic and Apple Maps visible simultaneously.

Reactions: likkuid
I have to ask: Why Apple Maps? I've used both it and Google Maps and there is no comparison. Google Maps is so superior and much more accurate...
Have to disagree - Google Maps is better for finding obscure places, but other than that I find Apple Maps better in every way. Much better voice directions (eg, “after the next traffic lights, turn right”); nicer voice accents; clearer, more detailed maps; speed camera alerts, etc.

Have to disagree - Google Maps is better for finding obscure places, but other than that I find Apple Maps better in every way. Much better voice directions (eg, “after the next traffic lights, turn right”); nicer voice accents; clearer, more detailed maps; speed camera alerts, etc.
I've had Apple maps take me the wrong way numerous times and Google Maps never has on the same routes... My primary consideration is accuracy and details of navigation and on that, Google wins hand down. I really don't care much about the others...YMMV.

Since I don't use a magnetic mount on my phones, I'm still trying to come up with a decent mount that either attaches to the dash (probably on the air vent) or to the steering column... I haven't found anything that checks all the boxes yet...

I've had Apple maps take me the wrong way numerous times and Google Maps never has on the same routes... My primary consideration is accuracy and details of navigation and on that, Google wins hand down. I really don't care much about the others...YMMV.
I tend to check the route any nav is planning to take before hitting go, but so far at least Apple Maps has been fine for me in terms of the basic function of finding the right way to go 👍

Apparently I'm the only person in this whole thread that doesn't use Waze. I use Google Maps for navigation and use the cars if I'm doing navigate on autopilot obviously. I don't need to know where cops and speed traps are. I'm not getting into that issue. Just my thoughts but how about we give them ideas for things that aren't duplicating other functions that our phones can already give us.

Since I don't use a magnetic mount on my phones, I'm still trying to come up with a decent mount that either attaches to the dash (probably on the air vent) or to the steering column... I haven't found anything that checks all the boxes yet...
I picked this up:

It took about 3 weeks to arrive. The install was cake and it keeps the phone charged, plus uses a clamp mount so the phone doesn't bounce around. The only downside is either my phone (Pixel 6 Pro) or the wireless charger built in needs to be positioned just right to charge. But once it's in the correct position, it's good to go.

I just didn't want to leave my phone on the dash, went for the mounted option: https://a.co/d/dVs17Vq
Neat. Here's hoping the manufacturer/reseller is decent at providing software updates.

Reactions: TomT and jebinc
I am just wondering if you use old phone as a dedicated unit, would the thieves will know that is an non functioning old phone just for the dashboard function? or they will break your window anyway to grab it and toss it in the trash afterward, and you are left with broken window.
A fair point...

How many thieves confuse the central display for an ipad ?
Whilst the risk is always there, how many of us would go to the trouble of hiding away the screen mounted dash cam?