Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fair point...

How many thieves confuse the central display for an ipad ?
Whilst the risk is always there, how many of us would go to the trouble of hiding away the screen mounted dash cam?
I was referring for those who uses an actual old phone (extra phone I guess) as the display. For average people including the thieves, that is the phone left on the phone mount.

Since I don't use a magnetic mount on my phones, I'm still trying to come up with a decent mount that either attaches to the dash (probably on the air vent) or to the steering column... I haven't found anything that checks all the boxes yet...
You might consider this one. It attaches to the dash, is made to not interrupt (too much) the HVAC air flow, and you can move it to any place you want on the dash.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Then, your statement was wrong. No one will know the phone on top of the steering wheel column attached to the mount is just for the display and non functioning phone unless it doesn't look like a phone.
My statement is wrong?

A phone used as a display is a functioning phone.
Should I change it for a fablet?
I suspect that you have most definitely missed the point.

Device worked pretty well for me. I noticed the total vehicle miles in information is showing the value in km, even though it says miles. I'd also like to have some configurability with the data points on the screens. I'd think that anyone nerdy enough to be interested in the info from this device would also like some customization. Just a suggestion. Such as on the main screen, switching max power available value from hp to %

Reactions: Stach and BillN
Agreed - the simplicity of the font and general aesthetics which tie in with the Tesla UI is what’s most appealing, but I don’t think that means the app necessarily needs to be simple - options hidden away in a settings screen to customise what’s shown would be welcome.

Reactions: Stach
Device worked pretty well for me. I noticed the total vehicle miles in information is showing the value in km, even though it says miles. I'd also like to have some configurability with the data points on the screens. I'd think that anyone nerdy enough to be interested in the info from this device would also like some customization. Just a suggestion. Such as on the main screen, switching max power available value from hp to %
Odometer bug will be fixed in the upcoming update. We're also working on customization options as well!

@Kate@Teslogic I am having connectivity issues. More often than not, I have to either power cycle my phone, or delete the app and re-install it to get it to connect to the module. Sometimes it connects right away, other times it will not connect at all no matter how long I wait/drive. Anyone else having this issue?

@Kate@Teslogic I am having connectivity issues. More often than not, I have to either power cycle my phone, or delete the app and re-install it to get it to connect to the module. Sometimes it connects right away, other times it will not connect at all no matter how long I wait/drive. Anyone else having this issue?
What phone model are you using and what's the OS version on it?

I hadn’t really noticed the coloured ring in the demo. I’m not sure if I’d like that - perhaps there could be the option in settings to disable that colour changing and just keep it simple @Kate@Teslogic ?

I think that the colored ring around the speed could be repurposed into something more useful, like a circular regen / acceleration meter, since Tesla's existing bar is too thin to see the regen / limited acceleration dots, especially in dark mode. Thoughts?