Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got received my preorder with the 2018 harness today. Seems they also sent me the harness for later model years if anyone winds up needing that.

Got it installed. The connection under the passenger seat was a bit of a pain, but not too bad.

Haven't played around with it much yet other than to confirm the connection seemed to be working in the app. I'm doing a bit of a drive this evening and looking forward to checking it out. In case anyone else was wondering, it does appear you can piggyback on an existing connection at the rear console if you've got an OBD adapter for SMT or whatever. You wind up with a mess of wires that are unlikely to fit back in the console with the cover on. I haven't closed everything back up yet, we'll see how it goes.

Anyone know what the "Yes, I'm Nerd" toggle does?

It opens up a few more options.

button.jpg

Just press the button and see.. Nobody will make fun of you for being a nerd. :)

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
Just installed mine - went fairly smoothly, although there seems a lot less space for the box in my car than in any of the videos I’ve seen.

Haven’t been for a drive yet, but have noticed it is incorrectly labelling my car as a Model 3 LR when it’s actually a 60kWh LFP RWD.

It didn’t appear to show when lights are on, and especially high beam - I think that’d be really useful.

Last edited:
Just installed mine - went fairly smoothly, although there seems a lot less space for the box in my car than in any of the videos I’ve seen.

Haven’t been for a drive yet, but have noticed it is incorrectly labelling my car as a Model 3 LR when it’s actually a 60kWh LFP RWD.

It didn’t appear to show when lights are on, and especially high beam - I think that’d be really useful.
I agree, just when the lights are on high beam.

I've finally been able to run it (had to figure out a better mounting solution) and ... I'm sure these have all been mentioned, but I'm really wondering about some of the data sources. Android version here.
* Range: highway and City seem swapped. Both are reasonable for boundaries, but ... the Model 3 is more efficient in the city, and the range estimate was higher for highway.
* Range estimates: don't match up. The upper right isn't the rated range, nor is it the last-30-miles-based estimated range. What is it?
* Current Trip: matches up with none of my trip meters. I have a "never reset" one that's at 20k miles, and a "summer tires" one that's at 5k miles. Current trip's at 10k miles.
* Celsius, already mentioned.

Some suggestions while I'm here:
* +1 to "headlight indicators". On/high beams.
* Please add an indicator to the dial speedometer for where the current speed limit is? I like the dial-style speedometer, but I'd like some reference points. If I can't have a full gauge for aesthetic reasons, at least give me the nominal target.
* My "I'm getting old" eyes would like the description texts being a point or two larger. There seems to be a fair amount of unused space too, and I think the whole thing could just expand a bit (Pixel 6 Pro)

Reactions: Gasaraki
How long does it take to connect for people? It's taking around 30s-1min for me, which doesn't seem right.
If I force close the app, and then restart it, usually less than 10 seconds. If I leave the vehicle, more than 50% of the time once back in the vehicle I can't connect at all. At this point I just always force close the app once im out of the car, and then launch it again once back in.

How long does it take to connect for people? It's taking around 30s-1min for me, which doesn't seem right.
Usually about 5 - 10 seconds for me. I find it seems faster if you get in the car, press the brake pedal to wake up the car and then start the app. I also find that if I leave the car and take the phone with me, often it will not reconnect when I come back to the car. I have found it is best to kill the app when I leave the car and then restart it when I return. I think they are working on fixing the connection issues.

One thing that I’m finding a bit annoying it that with Google maps (on iPhone) if I just search for a destination and then share it to Teslogic it works fine, but if I select a favourite / saved place then Google Maps goes ahead and calculates a route, and then when I share to Teslogic it produces an error.

Effectively means I can’t use saved destinations in google maps to send to Teslogic.

But I’m pretty sure this can be fixed by Teslogic, because it works fine either way when sending to the in in-car Tesla navigation system.