Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kate@Teslogic

Global Vendor
Jun 9, 2022
USA
Hi all!

We are developers of Teslogic.

We’ve already published this tread on Model 3 forum, but our device is also designed for Model Y, so we’d like to post it here as well just in case.
You can see the discussion here.

As Tesla enthusiasts we decided to develop our own transmitter and the app. The transmitter connects to two can buses and turns a phone into a full-on instrument cluster.

You can see Teslogic in action in this video:

We’ve been testing the app for a year and, based on our own experience as Tesla users, we’ve designed the most interesting screens and functions:

Main screen allows to track the current speed, autopilot modes, current trip distance, power and battery of your Tesla.
Energy consumption screen shows a detailed picture of how different vehicle systems consume power. You can monitor power redistribution in real time and try to optimize consumption.
Performance screen gives you all performance mode data regardless of your Tesla version. No need to buy any special device, you can check the dynamics acceleration and drag time at any moment.
Car data screen displays all needed info about your car, most of which you can't find in Tesla's interface (actual condition of the battery, how much energy was received during the entire life of the car, how much was spent while parked, etc.)
Navigation map screen based on Google Maps, which has much more up-to-date data than Tesla's maps. On this screen you can also always see the current speed, speed limit and autopilot mode.

Screenshot_20220622-174523.jpeg

Some significant features:
  • Enhanced Visibility: We offer a Low Vision Mode with enlarged interface elements and fonts, ensuring a clearer and more accessible display.
  • Clearly Visible Turn Signals: Our turn signals are designed for maximum visibility and include blind spot monitoring for safer driving.
  • Seamless Notifications: Receive all Tesla notifications on your phone, regardless of the active screen, keeping you informed without distraction.
  • Effortless Navigation: Use your vehicle's right steering wheel controls to swipe between screens, eliminating the need to touch your phone while driving.
  • HUD Projection: Utilize HUD mode to transform your phone into a projector, displaying the dashboard on your windshield for a heads-up view.
  • Quick and Easy Setup: Our system features easy installation, taking no more than 10 minutes to get you up and running.
  • Flexible Measurement Systems: The app supports both imperial and SI measurement systems, aligning with Tesla's primary interface for your convenience.

Turn signals & blind spot monitoring

Low vision mode

Our latest update - Teslogic v2 - gives you access to advanced Tesla features. Some of the new features include:
  • Chill/Sport mode switching via kickdown.
  • Battery preheat for supercharging .
  • Wipers deicing winter mode.
  • Ice mode.
  • Regen settings.
  • Traffic fine avoidance.
  • Supports 2+ devices simultaneously.
Additionally, there is a switch on the transmitter that allows you to easily deactivate the active control functions if you prefer to use Teslogic in its previous version (as a data receiver).

For all TMC members, we offer a 10% discount. Use code TMCv210 or simply follow this link.

If you've already purchased Teslogic from us, please contact us at [email protected] with either your previous order number or the email associated with your order. We'll be happy to provide you with a special 30% discount.

You can make an order on our website.

Appstore
Google Play

Last edited:
Wow, this is cool. I have an aftermarket CarPlay version installed and realized I don't care for CarPlay much other than Waze but I don't like how it prioritizes routing of phone calls and audio to CarPlay so i'm thinking of removing it. I like your version but rather than connect it via phone and having to mount/dismount each time I get in/out of car, is it possible to connect this to an ipad mini or android tablet and mount on dash permanently?

Wow, this is cool. I have an aftermarket CarPlay version installed and realized I don't care for CarPlay much other than Waze but I don't like how it prioritizes routing of phone calls and audio to CarPlay so i'm thinking of removing it. I like your version but rather than connect it via phone and having to mount/dismount each time I get in/out of car, is it possible to connect this to an ipad mini or android tablet and mount on dash permanently?
Hi! The apps works on a tablet or iPad, but is not yet visually optimized. We will release a version for tablets and iPads in the upcoming months. And of course you can mount it on a dash permanently if you'd like to 🙂

Reactions: Toretto
I noticed in the demo video you show the steering wheel scroll wheels being used to change screens on the phone in front of you. How does that work when the scroll wheels have another primary function, like changing music tracks or adjusting follow distance?

2020 M3, Teslogic kit arriving today just in time for my 2000 mile trip tomorrow. Thanks!

Reactions: JonB65
Preferably let us know first impressions before the end of the month for preorder pricing!
Yep that’s the goal. Departure is Friday late afternoon 29 July, arrival at destination Sunday 31 July. If I actually get it installed tonight I should have plenty of highway miles to make a report in time.

My biggest remaining question is the behavior of the right scroll wheel and how it might conflict with follow distance settings. I haven’t seen that clearly answered.

Reactions: 101dals
I noticed in the demo video you show the steering wheel scroll wheels being used to change screens on the phone in front of you. How does that work when the scroll wheels have another primary function, like changing music tracks or adjusting follow distance?

2020 M3, Teslogic kit arriving today just in time for my 2000 mile trip tomorrow. Thanks!
Hi! Glad to hear it 😀
If the autopilot is off, the application screen can be changed by simply toggling the selector on the steering left or right.
When the autopilot is on, the Teslogic screen switching mode changes: you need to toggle the selector in the direction you need and return it back. It won't change the follow distance and the app screen will be switched. We’ll soon release a video on this feature.
So Teslogic does not manage anything, it only receives data. Therefore, no Tesla function can be controlled by it.

I placed an order and am waiting for the delivery.

BTW, my iPhone 11 is not magsafe-capable.
Does the Teslogic kit come with some steel plate that makes non-magsafe phone compatible with Teslogic phone holder?
If so, would I be able to charge my phone on my Model Y center charging plate?

I placed an order and am waiting for the delivery.

BTW, my iPhone 11 is not magsafe-capable.
Does the Teslogic kit come with some steel plate that makes non-magsafe phone compatible with Teslogic phone holder?
If so, would I be able to charge my phone on my Model Y center charging plate?
Sure, the steel plate comes with the phone holder.

Subscribed. This is pretty cool. So I can use an old Android phone and just leave it connected to the Tesla? Meaning I don't need to have the phone connected to my Tesla as an authorized device?

Any ability to add in the ability to do other things in the app like the functionality in SEXY buttons.

The ability to turn off Regen breaking would be amazing for winter driving on off highway ramps.

Compatibility with 2020 Y?

Website FAQ page says

Teslogic is compatible with all Model 3/Y except early 17-18' Model 3.

But the order page only has options for:

Select model

Model 3/Y '21+
Model 3 '18-20

???
Update. I sent in some pics of the wiring and connectors from my 2020 June build and they said it is compatible, and the web site now shows all model Y years as compatible. I placed an order and will update once installed. I already know how to take it apart now, so I hope installation will be very easy, only question is placement of the BLE module. The other thing I need to figure out is how big of a screen can I use before the steering wheel blocks it. Thinking of using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite with a 8.7 inch screen, to make it easier to see the smaller stuff. I'd rather dedicate an Android tablet or phone than be putting my phone up there all the time, forgetting about it, and then the car does not lock when I walk away. Wait and see on that one...

Nice looking product! Should be very useful if it functions as advertised.

A question re navigation maps shown on the Teslalogic.
I'd envision running this using a spare Android phone, which is not hooked up for mobile data service with a phone provider. I presume I could simply connect it via Bluetooth to the Teslogic transmitter to view the various car functions, speed, AP mode etc...

But as for Navigation, the advert states that your device is using standard Google Maps for Navigation. So I presume that requires accessing the cell phone's mobile data and GPS functions, correct? If so, then my scenario would not allow for visualization of Navigation I presume? Or is there a mode to allow the cell phone screen to display the data from the Model Y's onboard map and routing system instead?